It's all in your mind. (Power of suggestion)

Hey everyone, it’s been a while since I’ve come here, but I think this is new topic. As I have Lded, I’ve learned one thing.

I can’t yet control my dreams for extended amounts of time, but I HAVE found out how to stabilize the dream.

Just do.

I swear, it works. Some people say you must say “STABILIZE!” or something, and that might work, but it might not. The main point is, I now think that it is all in your mind. And everytime you read something on here that says “your mind is excited so much that you wake up” you are actually being led to believe something that isn’t necessarily true.

I continually had this problem where I would wake up from becoming lucid, and one night I got tired of it so when I became lucid, I just decided I was going to stay lucid, and like the hallway scene in the original Matrix, everything waved by me and it was clear.

Since then, I have realized 1) we need to stop saying that it is hard to stay asleep after becoming lucid, and 2) for those of us who have already heard that, realize that you can stop it whenever you want to. Whatever it takes, whether its saying “Stabilize” or lifting your arms in the air and flapping them like a chicken, if you convince your mind that it will work it will… I don’t have the attention span to stay lucid long enough to try it more, but it might also work for the other common problems like being woken up during sex or some other exciting event, maybe this is all just one big power of suggestion.

(Or maybe I’m just a unique case)

Well, whatever works for you… I do know that the power of positive thinking should not be underestimated, especially in some such as this. (uummm, sorry if that last sentence seemed a bit melodramatic for you, it wasn’t intended.)