Going lucid

i’ve heard people say you should be able to recall one dream per night before trying to go lucid…each of the three nights i’ve tried i’ve recalled two or three dreams…i just went blank hold on…oh yeah. so people say that’s when you should go lucid but do you think three nights is long enough? and as for going lucid…what does this mean??? like starting to practice RCs or what? cuz i’ve been doing that since day one so oh well.

I wouldn’t hesitate to start trying to ld right away. It is recommended that you should be able to remember at least 1 dream per night but I say what the hell; you’ve got nothing to lose.

Going lucid just means having a ld whatever way that you can. Personally I think RCs are a waste of time and I’ve been able to ld without doing them.

you’re lucky then. i think. i dunno. i haven’t had an LD yet so i can’t say whether i can LD without RCs or not so yeah. i’m not hesitating i’m trying all i can. tonight i’m gonna eat cheese lol. well i’m gonna keep up the RCs until i know for sure i can LD without them.

You should probably start off using RCs, then once you’ve had a LD, you’ll know what it feels like to be in a dream. Then once you know that it won’t be quite as important because hopefully you’ll start just recognizing when you’re dreaming. And yeah, don’t hold back go for your life, its not like it’s gonna hurt.

i remembered three dreams last night and i don’t think they’re just gonna abruptly stop so yeah i’m just gonna go for it. thanks for the info/advice guys you rock.

I think that RC’s help out a lot when first starting out. The trick is to find the one that works best for you. Myself, I don’t use them anymore either. After doing it for a such long time I just know I’m dreaing without doing anything.So automatically I go lucid.

how long were you doing reality checks for to get you to your current state?

were you talking to me or dreamwalker?

I was talking to dreamwalker, but I’d like to know the same from you too :smile:

i’ve been doing reality checks for two days. it sucks so hard though that i have school still cuz i started on the weekend and the dreams i remembered best were from 5:50 to about 9:20 am while since i still have school i have to wake up at 6. but it’s okay since tomorrow is the last day.

I’m taking a year out from school, ended up in hospital and am just taking the time to get better so I can sleep as long as I want :happy:. guess this is the right time for me to take advantage of the situation and learn to LD again.

Well RJX, I did reality checks for probably a year or so. When you say you do RC’s do you mean only in your dream or in real life? I only did it in my dreams. I never had to do them in the day time,but LDing comes naturally to me.