What Does This Mean?

Okay. About a month ago, I visited this website for the first time. I browsed through it and learned of a way to induce lucid dreams and other general information. About a week after that, I had a lucid dream. But, I didn’t try to have a lucid dream that night. It just happened.

When I was dreaming, some part of me told me “hey you are dreaming,” and I knew I was dreaming. I was fighting this lady with nunchucks in my hand. I was jumping really high jumps. After a while, the fighting stopped. I started talking to the lady. Then, I asked her for a kiss. She refused. After that, I remembered that I learned from your website that I can make anything appear. So, I tried to make a cheeseburger appear. I wanted to give it to the lady so she can give me a kiss in return. But, the cheeseburger didn’t appear, eventhough I tried more than once to make it appear. That’s it. The dream was over.

Okay. Since I had a lucid dream without trying, is that supposed to tell me something important? Or does it mean anything special? And why couldn’t I make the cheeseburger appear?

The first lucid dream that I had occured after I stop try all together. I think that you should use that one to motivate yourself to have more.
Doing stuff like making hambergurs comes with experience of lucid dreaming.

Or maybe it’s a sign from your subconcious saying: Hey! No more cheeseburgers please. :happy:

Hey ! I want to wish u a warm welcome from LD4all !! Glad to have u ^^
Its really amazing that u had a lucid dream without intending to have one. I think thats called natural lucid dreaming. Since u had a natural lucid dream,it means that u r a Natural lucid dreamer! Not many ppl have this abllity, u should consider yourself lucky ^
^. Your dream was sweet(the part where u asked the old lady to give u a kiss). As for the ‘cheeseburger’, well baby it didnt appeare because it was your 1st time trying to make something appeare. It takes time and practice to make it work. The next few time u try it, it will appeare, whatever u wish to make appeare. Good luck in doing this!
I hope u have many more lucid dreams and i hope u will be able to make things appeare !
bi :slight_smile:

Congratulations Shogun, and wellcome to a very interesting world indeed. The fact that the cheeseburger did not appear is quite natural as LD have their own rules which you, ironically, set. These rules are, as far as I imagine, set by your subconsciousness and you must find a way around them. When you try a Reality Check by watching your watch, be not surprised if time after all is logical, numbers remain the same and cheeseburgers don’t appear.

I discovered LDing when I was a small child trying to escape from constant nightmares. Even today they follow the same patterns, lights are dimm or not working, its night and I am at home hounted by my mother. And here is the trick, and the perfect Reality Check, lights and lamps, no matter what won’t function in a nightmare. If they would the nightmare would end, something my unconsciousness does not allow. Although this feature gives an edge, it results in most LD beginning as nightmares, a real challenge to alter. One way would be to construct a RC such as these lines, which appear to be impossible to exclaim in a dream, as the refrain is so long you forget what you started with:

“See no evil, hear no evil, see no evil”

Try to find your own way, dream diaries are not a must. Learn not to force your dreams, instead follow them, this way they will become long lasting. Asking for a hamburger to appear might well have been the reason you woke up, although I admire your idea of “cheating” the lady (yourself) to give a kiss. Next time forget the kiss and ask something neutral.

Other very typical features for LD concerning erotic feelings are the appearance of family members etc. Eg. you which for someone really cute only to meet your parent. A way around it would be to sit down on a bench just looking for bypassers, the chare number will hopefully allow you to pass that loop. Additionally you are not forcing your dream, typically prolonging it, as you are not actually actively looking for the cutie but doing something mundane. However, be careful not to forget you are dreaming, but try to put it out of focus, minimising a probable feeling of duality, especially if the dream is not intense.

Carpe noctem
joccis

Thanks to all of you for the advice and insights.

the only “lucid” dream I’ve had so far was when I was about 7 maybe. I was with some lady that was supposed to be my mom (even though I had never met her before) and some kid was with us. We went to this store that for some reason was flooded up to our waists, and it was supposed to be this way. Nobody found it strange that it was flooded. Anyway, I suddenly realized I was dreaming, and I wanted to shoot that other kid that was with us. I remembered my brother had told me you can make anything you want in your pocket in a dream, so I reached in to get a gun and. . . no good! I tried again, and there was a gun. I shot the kid and the dream ended. man now that I look back on that it makes me seem kidna screwed up.