Has anyone ever had anything like this?

Hi I’m new here :shy:

I’d like to ask you about my first lucid dream, which I had last night (I have been trying for about a week now and it was fantastic to actually get one).

In my dream, I was in my house. From what I remember my sister’s old boyfriend was in the house and seemed very out of place.

“What are you doing here? You shouldn’t be here. She dumped you ages ago.” Then the thought, He’s out of place here, suddenly triggered the realisation that it was a dream. The night before I had been reading LeBerge’s book, the very chapter on how to recognise an LD and it must have sunk in :smile:

But then, when I realised I was dreaming, it triggered the whole wave of excitement thing, and I felt myself losing the dream (it felt like a TV signal snowstorm) so I remembered that I should roll over on the floor. But then things went kind of odd. Sorry but this is going to be tricky to explain but here goes…

I had the sensation that I was in 2 places at once, and felt that I had control over my physical body as well as my dream body. For example, I felt control over my eyelids, and could open my eyes and see the real world but when closing them sure enough I’d be back in my dream reality, able to move around. It was like being able to switch between the real and dream worlds at will, for a few times.

Was my “real” body actually real, or was this also a dream body? It felt real, and I could even do stuff like knock on my back wall, but my muscles were slowed down and I couldn’t knock hard.

My best guess is either that
a) the whole thing was a dream or
b) when I was waking up upon realising I was dreaming it caused me to come far enough out of the dream to gain control of my real body, and when I quickly reentered the dream I still had the control. I tried some cool stuff like flying like superman and I managed to do it although some stuff in my dream still didn’t make a lot of sense.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on what happened, and if anyone has similar experiences! thanks.

This is very common when you experience lucid dreams. I remember a story about a guy that was laying on his stomach in an LD but was on his back in real life. When the LD faded away, he could feel himself laying on both sides of his body, the real one finally taking over.

Hey that is awesome that your 1st lucid dream you could fly like superman… On my first lucid dream it was really low level…

I looked at my watch to discover that everytime i would glance back at it the minute hand would move in 5 minute intevals. So i thought to my self yeah !!! :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: I’m in a dream. The sensation was unreal… :content: But as i made a point to try and fly,i walked out of the room and started talking to my dad (im my dream) and forgot it was a dream !!!

When i woke up i was dissapointed :sad: that i didn’t have enough faith in myself and forgot about it.

The same thing happens to me. In fact, the almost exact thing happened this morning for me. I felt myself entering the lucid state when I got the “flying through space” feeling. I felt myself wanting to attempt an OBE. I wonder if my eyes opened in reality because I saw my room the way it was with the part of my blanket obscuring my vision. Ususally when this happens, I end up losing the whole experience due to excitement. But today, in this hazy state, I was able to pull it together and I closed my eyes and focused on my third eye. I felt myself “flying through space” again. I started to focus on the blackness, and as I did, I ended up seeing a lot of blue dots and they became more vivid by the second. I kept on flying through this world until all of a sudden, I saw a vivid green island emerge in the distance. I ended up landing in the island and I entered a completely strange world.

But anyways, I wonder the same thing too, because in my low-level OBE’s in the past, I often felt like I was seeing through two sets of eyes at the same time. Since I often sleep with a pillow partially covering my eyes in the morning, when I OBE, my vision is always distorted and I become disoriented. It’s as if I can move around very clumsily with my dream body, and I’m seeing my real body’s visual obstruction with my dream body.