Holding On

I had my first realisation that I was dreaming last night. Up until I realised I was dreaming it was completley realistic, the second I realised and said to myself “Im dreaming” everything felt so fake, I tryed the spinning in my dream technique but in a couple of seconds my vision faded to blackness and I opened my eyes and woke up.

How can I hold on if after a few seconds it all fades away and I wake up, plus even if I had held on would it of stayed feeling so fake (cant think of any other way to describe the feeling other than fake)

Dont hold on.Let it be,relax.Wander around,dont worry it last short or long.Enjoy your enviroments,look at the details,live it and keep concentrated on the fact you`re dreaming.
Congratullations and good luck
ps.There are levels of lds quality,some are less some more controllable and vivid.

Since this was your first LD don’t worry about how long is lasted. My first one lasted about 2 seconds. It is typical that they are short in the beginning and increase with practice. Personally I can’t just relax and let the dream happen. It takes work on my part to maintain the balance of awareness that is needed for an LD. But the more I do it the easier it gets and the longer it lasts. I think of it as strengthening a muscle that has never been used before. I’d suggest experimenting with both relaxing and working at it to see which works best for you.

I say u should take the advice of Jack and Zorg here^_~
BTW…Congrats on becoming lucid!!! :smile:

:cool_laugh: Well thx for help, I’ll keep trying.