Could it all be one big LD?

Could the after life be one really big lucid dream?

i have heard some people talk about this and i for one would be please if it was

any views?

Hi Richard!

I have heard about some Eastern Monks thinking the same. They meditate and LD to try to get out of the endless circle of reincarnation, which can be seen as some sort of eternal LD.

It really is a cool question, because there is absolutely no proof that the answer is no. We only know about this (our) world, but we can’t say a thing about if this is the only form of reality there is, or even if it ìs a form of reality.

This could be the only ‘real’ world. It could also be not.

I think both answers are true :content:

Dirk

yeah it’s a possibility. That said how do we know that THIS is the real?

for all we know the afterlife/dreamworld is the REAL reality and THIS right now is the dream. (i know some people will think that is stupid/ridiculus - but i challenge them to prove it either way :wink: )

Dirk you are very right there and we have no idea at all

I have heard some interesting ideas that when we dream we are really just going to the afterlife, and if we do well in our dreams we do well in the after life, it is an idea that i have warmed to lol

i had a post up about that it is called i think “a good way to start” it had a lot of good posts but i think i upset a few people :sad:

oh well

i guess there is only one way to find out, who is willing to die and come visit me in my dreams???

Richard

A theory I am pondering at the moment after having a mind split thing happen… is that perhaps we exist at all levels and all an LD , OBE, AP and beyond is nothing more than a shift in perception. So for example in an AP all that has happened is the part of self residing in the astral has taken over the drivers seat of the concious awareness. In my strange experience I think everyone was trying to drive at once…lol.

I think all that happens when we die is our concious becomes controlled by a higher self and I guess it could definately seem like a big long LD because LD’s obviously come from some part of our concious anyway.

thats a good answer i never thought about that, hmmm

thats interesting too what happened??

Richard

I was being attacked in my sleep which somehow triggered me to have 4 seperate awareness’s.
My physical self was aware I was dreaming and trying to not freak out, then another (with the feeling of a body)was tumbling in a ball a few feet above my physical body with the attacker, a 3rd awareness saw itself as a white energy streak about 1/2 a foot wide and 1 1/2 foot long which was swirling in a ball with another duller energy streak (which I knew was the attacker too) and I could feel the swirling as well as seeing it - that was in some far off hazy but otherwise empty place ( just nothing there) but it was light - kinda bluish in color. Then I had a 4th awareness that was just a thought.

Sounds weird huh? I could see them all (except the thought of course) at the same time and knew what each other was thinking simultaneously. I guess like duality but quadrality…lol I actually found something in a book yesterday about the energy streak being the form you take on in one of the higher astral planes. And someone described something similar on this site about certain religious people aiming to achieve that state in deep meditation.

Anyway …having 4 concious’es at once lead me to thinking we exist everywhere at once and all that changes is the concious with the dominant control…and sometimes it somehow can get split in to multiple awarenesses at once.