Danger?

would there b a high danger if we went luci in every one of our dreams? i mean like in every rem period. I think this is what my block is baout i think there would b a lot of danger involved and i think it is holding me back

Also i think my brain would be cllutter with way too many dreams.

If any one remember more than 5 dreams a night and goes lucid in all of them or ahs any information to quite my mind plz anything

i am lost within my self

I doubt there is any danger for that. I doubt its possible to LD in every dream, every night… unless you have some kind of sleeping disorder.

There was actually someone on the chat some time ago, who claimed like 90% of his dreams was lucid. He did feel much less rested…
But i guess he didnt have enough deep sleep or something.

there is no danger what so ever.

Dreaming is needed to keep us healthy, the type of dreaming is not important. LD or non-LD you are still dreaming that is the important thing.

Most people can’t LD every dream anyways, though i wouldn’t say it’s not possible.

the reason some people feel “less rested” after LDs is because a few people have trouble staying alseep after LDs, some people after an LD ends will wake up. So if you keep waking up after an LD you will feel less rested, since it also requires the consciousness to be active in the dream this might use a little more energy than regular sleep.

– There’s also the possibility that LDing causes that person to move about more than a normal dream, this would also explain why he felt less rested.

chances are going lucid in every dream wouldn’t happen by accident. It’s one thing to have an unexpected LD once in a while but everynight, every dream i think would be a little farfetched unless you was trying for it.

Uhhm, I’d have to disagree with that insane goth person. It all depends on what you think dreams are for. The three main ones I’ve heard of are -

Your dreams are wish fulfillments, only they’re in heavy disguise. If this were true, then it would probably put a great stress on your subconscious if all your (subconscious) wishes went unfulfilled because you took over all your dreams consciously by constantly becoming lucid.

Your dreams are there to balance out your personality or even warn you of what might happen if you don’t change. So if you were a very ambitious person, you might often dream of falling (to represent going back down). In this case, lucid dreaming probably wouldn’t do you too much harm.

Your dreams are there to help you forget. That is, anything from the day that isn’t important gets put into your dreams, and then into short term memory so you forget it unless you think about as soon as you wake up it before it disappears (so it gets transferred to long term memory). If this were true, it means that dreams don’t really mean anything whatsoever, so lucid dreaming can’t do you any harm.

Personally, I agree most with the first option. Incidentally, these are all psychologically based theories, and if yu’d prefer to believe in something more spiritual/magical/religious/whatever then go ahead.

My wish is 2 LD :content: Why not fulfill that wish :wink: ?

Serious: isn’t LD’ing all about fulfilling wishes? My LD’s are!

JJJ

i’ll respond to thiis question with a quote

[i]Being firm but not impetuous, truthfully clear-minded, flexible in action, forestalling danger, aware of perils, is like treading on a tiger’s tail with caution, wary and careful. Not only can the tiger not bite; one will eventually tread on the ground of pure yang and attain felicity. This is treading the Path with both firmness and flexibility.

-Liu I-Ming (I Ching - 10 Treading: 4 yang)[/i]

i think there is an inherent danger in following any spiritual path (i’m saying that LDing = walking such a path). maybe not a physical danger, but maybe a mental one. so on and so forth. so this quote likens walking a spiritual path to walking on a tiger’s tail. if you’re careful, you’ll be alright, if you’re not you get bitten.

be careful tlmeless_soul, but keep going :smile:

thank you, it has fixed my problem :smile:

last night i really remembered my dreamsand felt them, this has not happened for a while as i have been concerned

thank you’

Richard

I guess it’s only unhealthy when you get totally obsessed by it, or when you continuesly try to control everything like a madman. The problem then is mental rather than physical. So I fully agree with Liu I-Ming :content: