this question doesn't belong here, but please help...

Okay, i now that this question is entirely non-dream related, but after much searching, i dont know where else to turn.

You see, i lent this kid several of my games a few months back. Near the end of the school year, i asked to have the back. He, however, forgot to bring them on the last day. Please note that i gave him a week’s worth of warning.

The day today is now june 25 and I still dont have my games. At the end of the school year, he gave me his phone number so i could get them back later. However, i learned that he gave me a false number soon after calling it. After much, MUCH work, i finally found it from a friend. I called him (he seemed surprised) and asked for the games. He said he left them at another house and would bring them back the next time he went. Well, its been about two days, so i have no reason to get suspicious. However, i have it on two reliable sources that he may have sold my games to other people, simply just lost them, or lent them to other people without my permission. If this turns out to be true, i WILL ask him for my money back. And if he refuses, i need to know one thing, and one thing only:

CAN I PRESS CHARGES ON HIM?

Apparantly, he has also borrowed games form several other people and has yet to give the back as well. Many of his victims would love to see him in jail, but i just want my games back. I just need to know if i have the law on my if he refuses to give my games back.

Please note that i only have one week left, as i am going on vacation soon after.

sounds like this topic belongs in the lucid lounge

anyway, back to your question… it sounds to me like you could definitely take him to small claims court, don’t know if what he did is actually gonna pull a jail sentence, but then again i’m not studying law

oh yeah, don’t lend stuff to people you don’t know :smile:

just call judge judy :smile:

im serious here you can try- see if it really is real tell us ok?

…yeeeaaaaaaahh… :neutral:

well if you can get his phone number from a friend, you should be able to get his adress if you don’t have it.

Go make a personal call when you know he is OUT. talk to his parents about it.

As for claims… You might be able make a claim IF and only IF you have proof of purchase. if you don’t have reciepts you have no prove they are yours.

the only other thing you can do would be to get your parents to do something about it.

– Let this be a lesson always trade good games for good games, annd ONLY to people you trust (and know where they live)

yeah try judge Judy lol… never know ye might get on tv

Don’t you think putting someone in jail for childish antics is an insult to real victims of real crimes.

Just reading that whole thing pissed me off :grrr:

I want you to email me and tell me where you live, im coming over to get your games back, forget sueing, lets teach this person a lesson if you know what i mean :shrug: You have to catch them with his pants down.(dont think to far, its just an expression)
How to do that lets think…
Call his parents
find a big person and go over his house and take your games back or go over and talk to his parents and say that you left your games at his house
or make threats(my favorite)

If you dont get it back soon, it might be too late, he could of sold them and traded them. I know for sure this person is gonna try to avoid you ,by all means possible, so good luck.

If you can take him, then just beat some face. Or the parent thing is a good idea too. :happy: