Electronic devices in dreams

I know that light switches and lamps and stuff don’t work right for a lot of people in dreams, but what about other electronic devices.

For instance, telephones never work right in my dreams, I always forget the number I’m supposed to be dialing, or I press the wrong buttons, or I can’t get through.

Does anyone have any experience with other things (T.V.'s, radios, computers…) working or not working in dreams?

Thx

For me, it seems to depend on the dream. For instance, if I approch a switched-off PC or TV, there is a VERY little chance that it’ll turn on. However, if I walk into a room and the TV is already on (happens sometimes), I’ll be able to watch it properly, and even use the controls to manipulate the picture.

Never tried using a telephone, maybe I’ll try it next time I get a chance.

all electrical goods work for me in dreams just “differently”

eg: my phone is a picture phone

my computer i can sometimes “talk” the words instead of typing (i have often dreamt that in dreams i am talking to someone on ICQ/MSN msgr (these are the dream i found i can read things)

and that sort of thing. Nothing i actually have on my phones/PCs but all softwear that is availible.

Hmm, i’ve just had a dream were i was connecting a lamp to a battery. It worked fine, and it could turn on/off. The weird thing was that it wasn’t connected right, and therefore WASNT supposed to work. Gaah… Didn’t realize it was a dream though :frowning:

I was using a phone to listen to the clash in my first LD (before I got lucid though), sorta like a radio or CD player. Let’s see, my computer generally works ok, as does the TV. I can’t really remember having any experiences with any other electrical equipment…

I heard that the only reason light switches or other sources of light dont work is because ur brain is too lazy to make all the colors around you change, to simulate all that sh*t with your rods and cones and what not. So your brain just figures it’d be easier if that thing was just broken :cool_laugh: But i dont see why other devices wouldn’t work??

Electronic devices work perfect in my dreams, apart from the fact that they can function a little different. I have been browsing forums, installing software and hardware, used my graphical calculator - you name it. They can behave a little odd though - once my graphical calc came with a detailed explanation on how to solve a problem it encountered…

Phones work apart from the fact that the person in the other end may say totally meaningless words/nonsense to me.