The SHADOW person

I would really appriciate if you could talk more about your experience, and I’ll briefly describe mine. In the dream, I am walking up the steps because I feel something bad behind me, like a pressure on my back, and im on the 2nd-to-top step. I look back and see that black shadowy kinda-evil thing. It’s coming closer to me and I am amazingly afraid and scared. I attempt to scream for help, though no voice comes out of my mouth. I try to run away, but am unable to. I am basically paralyzed, and I can’t move my legs at all. It just come s closer and closer. Finally, when its really close, I run away. I’m running from it in this black void almost, and im going super fast, though super slow at the same time. Sometimes, I end up in this area where all these evil things are grabbing and pinching my legs, and im just floating in this evil-like void. I often wake up screaming, heartbeating, and sweat perspiring. OFten its like i fall into my body.

Now, what you were describing sounds alot like a “moth-man.” Bascailly, theres this theory that the reason bad things happen are because of these moth men, who look exaclty like what you described (escpecailly the red light.) THere was this one event that happened with a moth-man, that ended with like 200 people dead. He was appearing all over this town, and he would contact people with this wierd voice. He would give clues, but only enough clues to make it so that you knew he prochesized it afte it happened, but not enough info to stop it from happening. Basically, a bridge collapsed on christmas day. Theres been a movie made on it, starring Richard Gere, called The Mothman Propheces. I would recommend watching it.

your dream sounds just like a nightmare that a lot of people have, havent you ever faced your dream attacker? i got a book that this website said was good. and it tells that you should always attack your enemy.

For all this time that i have know and done lucid dreaming which is only 2 years i have never had a nightmare that i have not overcome and now i bearly have nightmare at all. The worst i will have is a family member or close friend dying.

Attack and beat whatever faces you win and ask for a gift, this is a nice trick but i have forotten the name of the book :0

cheers

attack? i thought it was command it to stop and ask why it is chasing you…

If it’s a fear Wouldn’t be more helpful to run at it and hug it, I heard that if you give soemthing you fear love, then the fear will disappear. Worked in RL too with dogs.

when it comes to evil things in your dreams you have to stop and face it. You should face you fears or you’ll be running for your whole life. I never run anymore. As for the moth man I did see that movie. I don’t think that he was bad. He was warning them, trying to help them. That movie kicked ass though.
Back to the SP, I’ve been thinking about what you guys have said. I really don’t think it was my dark (bad) side. Have any of you ever played THE LEGEND OF ZELDA OCARINA OF TIME for the N64. In the water temple there is this room when you walk into it the floor is covered with about a 1/2 inch of water. In the middle there is an island. On the island is a shadow link which you must fight. He mimicks every move and you must find a way to beat him. Well I don’t think this is that exact case but that maybe where I got it from.
I do see all the small pictures. I think of it as a puzzle. The more you put it together the more the BIG picture forms. Then and only then can you see the big picture.

hmmm i spose you could do that but last night i had a great ld where i attacked my dream attacker and won :content: and there was a golden burst of light and i stayed in teh ld for a lot longer than normal. i will post the book up when i get back home

cheers

Richard

do you realize the MORAL of that battle with Shadow Link?
the moral is:

When in doubt, hit your attacker’s foot with the megaton hammer

-OR-

Buy magic potions and use them with cheap magic that weaker opponents don’t have

Actually I think the moral of the battle with shaow link was that the dark side can be defeated because it doesn’t have one major thing, Heart.
The Megaton Hammer works good also.

well from what i read its a guide. supposely its the evil/bad side OF YOU@ the shadow. and you have to prove your self to it to allow it to help you( dont ask how because i have no idea, but i think one way would be by defeating it)

A strange thing happened. I was walking around in a LD and there were these shadows. I could feel the shadow person was there and hiding in the shadows. I told him I knew he was there and to come out of the shadows. I then saw a smaller shadow take off out of the larger one and it vanished. I wonder if that one is following me. I’ll get it. The follower will become the followed.

sorry about the double post.

well, i had a smiliar experience in a LD once, and it was a dark “shadow” but i thought it looked more like a knight, and he had one read eye, but i never got paralized, but only that when i fought him, i was about to defeat him, and he… well… he killed me… and i lost :eek:

Really. What eye was red.

well, maybe both, i dont know, maybe none of them, but i remember him beeing a “shadow” figure… it was a long time ago, and i remember that he had something red in his eye… its still scary… :bored:

[edit] seems to me you dont believe me :eh: [edit]

and dreamwalker, are you a member of the research team? or whatever its called? and pleaaaase tell me which method you use? happy dreaming!

I do believe you. I’m sorry if it sounded like I didn’t. I was asking because my shadow figures right eye was red and I wanted to know if it was the same with you.
When you ask if I am part of the research team,what research team do you mean. Also what kinda method are you talking about.

Oh… I’m sorry… I guess I’m paranoid :happy: Well I don’t remember which eye exactly, since I had that dream when I was about 13 years old, and that’s two years ago… :sad: Well im not sure which research team, I only would like to know if you are part of one, and with methods I mean which methods do you use to induce LDs? I appreciate your answers :smile: happy dreaming :wink:

Well to answer your questions. No I’m not a part of a research group yet. I’m trying to become part of one ath this very time. Also Sorry but I LD naturally so I really don’t use any methods. I just know I’m dreaming and become lucid.

That’s nice! You are a natural! :smile: Alright I was just wondering since I saw you posted in the research forum, and I assumed you were in one :smile: Anyways, later and Happy Dreaming!

read this
okay this is really something else. Okay where I saw the shadow person there was more than just the fence and stuff. Ahead of all of this there was this spot where this road curves down and it really exists in real life. Well this is the crazy part. Right around there a man was killed in RL just a couple of days ago. I actually knew the guy too. The more I think of this the more I find details of my dream. In my dream the shadow person walked in the direction where the man was killed. I keep wondering if this was a warning that it was going to happen. It’s kinda scary in a way. what do you think.