staying asleep?

help me! Evry time i become lucid i wake up. or it only lasts a minute. i;ve tried the spinning technique but i usually am just lying there in bed awake spinning mentally! wut can i do 2 stay awake longer? :cool_laugh:

I have the same problem… i have no problem turning lucid, but when they usually fade right away… not much point…

Sweetdreamer and Tomas, that can be because you are at the end of rem sleep it self…so not much time left before u would wake up anyway!
Only thing u can do is to recognize earlier that u are dreaming.
you can do that by reading a lot about lds and having a dream journal and by practising the idea in real life that all around you is already a dream. So that its very normal for you to recognize the fact your dreaming, and have the routine to recognize one. Yogi’s in east do that…train the idea that all is a dream. Then in your dreams you more often do this routine to…and bingo. But this takes a lot of dedication!
Everyday i mean, several times a day 4 months and months lol!

Jeff

I mostly have same problem with wilds also. I often wake up to the Sleep paralysis state.

But Tomas thats not so bad!
Sleep paralyses is a very suggestive state! Start trying self hypnosis then while u under sp. Its such an suggestive state of consciousness, use that fact and it gives u wings. At least some nice experiences!

:smile:
Jeff

hehe… if i wasnt so scared of that SP state… :wink:
I have had a few bad experiences with it… Those few times i let myself float with it/not resisting it… I got bad hypnogogics… first time i actually tried it, i heard something best described like thousands if not even millions of screams, people screaming from pain! was really horrible, and sounded so realistic… Which forced me to get myself out of it, by forcing my body to move.

I can also pretty much induce SP every night if i try… but it dosent get me far since i am so affraid of it. I just end up forcing myself out of it… I have managed to had a couple of wilds this way though, those few times i manage to stay calm. really depends on how long time it takes until the dream starts

hey lets stick 2 the topic guys i could use some more advice!

btw jeff i think ur rite about me being at the end of rem sleep, cuz i usually become lucid @ the end of the dream, although once i became lucid, woke up, re-entered the dream immediately and retained lucidity somehwat, u can read about that under “my semi first semi lucid dream” and also once i was sort of lucid without meaning 2, i changed scenery and i stayed asleep for a long time during that.

i know rubbing your hands is supposed to make the dream more stable. And it does work a little for me also… but obiousely not good enough, since then i would not complain about the length of my lds.

But might be worth a shot, since so many others have success with it.

ya i;ve also heard that spinning should help but i tried that and i ended up just twirling mentally, 'guess it was too late then!

I don’t see why it’s so hard for you to stay lucid, two out of the three times i went lucid it was no problem for me. just remind yourself to stay calm, and it should work, as long as you go lucid early enough like jeff said.

i think the reason that the spinning didn’t work is cuz i couldn’t get back 2 sleep that night period, i don’t kno y i woke up cuz the dream ended long b4 i woke up

My best advice: Do not force it.

“I am running down the stairs, I need to get out of the place and I need a car”, I force it, find a really nice car but wake up although I try spinning. What did I wrong, yes I forced it, thus letting my consciousness take control.

Next time you realise you are lucid, continue what you were doing letting yourself calm down. Avoid rapid movement, running and flying as those tend to wake you up. When the dream is stable, just enjoy it and see how long it lasts, eventually you will suddenly end up doing what you want. Give yourself time to re-call. Give me Sexy Susanne behind the door you say! Will this not take some extra effort from you, waking you up? Possibly, don’t immediately risk it.

Enjoy your dreamscape as it is, do not concentrate on the fact you are dreaming, but stay in charge. Less control is a small price for stable scenes, do not waste all your time being lucid on staying lucid. Enjoy it in bits and one day you will be surprised.

Best Wishes
joccis

I personally wouldn’t like anyone named Susanne … but that’s just me so anyway for me it is hard to remember what I’m supposed to do in lucid dreaming. When I become lucid, I’m supposed to immediately stabilize it… but I forget and start trying to do stuff right away. Does this sort of thing come with time, or do I have to get it in my head the night before I LD?

Infection its best to train such steps of control in your head before you go to sleep at night. So repeat what u should do in your ld in real life, makes it a bit of a habbit then 4 the real thing :smile:

Good luck!

Jeff

thanx joccis that’s rely good advice. Usually, when i get lucid, i am only truly lucid for a moment but then i know i have control.
btw , recently i got lucid and used the spinning technique and i stayed asleep for pretty long! The only problem was that it was late in the morning so i couldn’t sleep for too much longer anyway.
hey is it just me or does anyone else have loads of dreams about driving, badly (i don’t have my license, im too young)? :eek: :tongue:

Sweetdreamer nope, not driving but traveling in almost al my dreams i am on the move lol.

Sweetdreamer, when u are a wake…beta brain waves (thinking) are active when u dream (rem sleep) apha waves are the most active.
So dont think to much just observe, experience and stay calm will also help a bit to stay longer in a dream.

Jeff