Help me! I suck at lucid Dreaming

Just Keep trying, I used to Lucid Dreams when I was a Child, Ive had around 10 all together Bieng a Child, Mostly i used to just transform into a Power ranger and fight evil with my dad (blah i used to like power rangers when i was little) But I havent Had a Lucid Dream In 6 Years. Then Agian I never Knew what they were Until Yesterday when I was Studying Sleep Paralysis(i have it)

Good Luck.

When should i do it cause people might think i am a freak if i do it in the middle of a class ( i go to high school)
and is meditation any good?

Hey everyone - i’m pretty new here:)
Just thought i’d add that i’ve been trying to LD for the past 2 weeks without success…yet. I’ve been doing RC’s every 40 mins (my watch has a countdown timer that reminds me to do an RC) but just looking at my watchface and willing the numbers to change, trying to remember what i’ve been doing for the past 40 mins and checking a lightswitch if there is one around.
I hope this is an effective method :bored: i don’t want to wreck it by overdoing it…

when i wake up (lucid?) i

1. check out writing
  2. turn light on
  3. stick my hand on wall ( to see if it goes through)
    and 4. i check my watch
    but no lucid dreams :grrr:

Just try and find some writing (a sign, a book title, whatever) and read it a couple of times. If it changes. you’re dreaming.

Also, if you’ve got time, try and imagine what it would look like if you were dreaming, what you’d want to do, etc.

Deev: I think the only way you can wreck RCs is by making them routine. If it becomes a habit that is automatic then it might loose its effectiveness. As long as you are doing them with your full attention every time, go for it.

Thanx WaNaBeE. I’ll try that when i sleep (1 hour from now?)

could u be more specific?? what exactly is your problem, do you become lucid and wake up, in which case u should try:

1. not getting to excited
  2. rubbing ur hands
  3. the spinning method
  4. and if that fails and u wake up, go back 2 sleep thinking about the spot exactly where u left off in the dream that should work
    or ru just not getting lucid in the first place? cuz of course u don’t think 2 do a reality check if everything seems normal 2 u! That’s why u keep doing them, cuz u usually dream somehwat of what u did during the day or at a certain time, i went through a phase where i dreamt about whatever was happening or what i was thinking at 7:00.
    :cool_laugh: good luck and i hope u get lucid!

oh ya, and i forgot. also maybe you just don’t remember ur dreams do u don’t kno wut the problem is, or u’ve had a lucid and u can’t remember it, so try the dream journal! :cool_laugh: good luck!

Well, as awful as this sounds, I’m actually getting some encouragement from the fact that I’m not the only one having troubling learing to LD. Ive been working pretty consistently for 6+ months now, with only one blurry and quick wake up LD. I do frequent RC’s, MILD, use NovaDreamer, and my dream recall is 1+ per night… I just either dont end up doing RC while in a dream, or despite the purple dogs with yellow polkadots everywhere, i decide that everything is normal.
I’m gonna try drinking more water and other tricks to get dream recall to at least 2-3 per night, and keep trying! Also, having a discussion board like this is great for both motivation and ideas!
Peace,
Sruthan

Sruthan many of the ppl here cant ld yet…so dont feel to bad!
Maybe i make a poll about it i wonder how many in percentage are lucid at this forum!
I do know that when ppl dont have info about it only about one on 7 persons get lucid lol spontaneous…with info that will be more…but never it will be all!
Alayambo is a girl on this forum that has tried 4 3 years now and still nothing…what more can i say…dont make to much fuzz about it just try and enjoy the ride :cool_laugh:

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! Working on it is a lot more fun having this forum to discuss… doesn’t feel so lonely!
Thanks and Peace!
Sruthan

:happy: Good luck and happy dreams Sruthan :happy:

Jeff

[size=150]43[/size] years and still trying?
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Respect :eek: !

what is RC?

er, brainhacker… i hope that was a joke.

a joke that you made i mean. otherwise…

oh yes if you don’t know an acronym hover your mouse over the letters.

RC = Reality Check. Verify this by hovering your mouse over the letters “RC”.

OK maybe I had to put a :wink: on the bottom of my post mrgreen:

To avoid all further confusion:

:wink:

wow… at least alayambo seems cool with it

ok ok you got it brainhacker… this is why I never use those shortcuts

Everyone laugh at me. STILL NO LUCID DREAM!!! WAHHH!

My lucid dreaming article should help. Don’t get down about it, doubting you’ll ever succeed will encourage it not to happen.