Umm.. LDs?

Hi,

I’m new at this forum… in fact, this is my first post. -_-

Anyways, I am interested in LDing and I have done some research.

Besides recording my dreams, getting into a routine of doing “reality checks”, maintaining a positive/confident mental state while going to sleep, and working on recognizing “dream signs”, is there anything else I should do/know?

I know there are plenty of people with experience and knowledge on the subject, so I figured it would be a great place to check out… as much as reading helps, interaction and being able to ask questions and get real answers from real people has to be better =\

Thanks!

I would definitly suggest doing WBTB (Wake back to bed). It will increase your dream recall and your LDs. Just wake up after 5ish hours and stay awake a while before going back to sleep. Remember to write down your dreams and do stuff pertaining to lucid dreaming if you can.

Good Luck! :grin:

Oh yea you can also check out the stickies here and on the intro forum they could help answer other questions you may have.

welcome valikor

i dunno what else i can say that raging_canadian didn’t just say shrug sounds like you’re doing everything right, just be patient with it and let it come don’t force it.

but most importantly… when you become lucid, fly dragonball z style, not superman :smile:

I’m still finding it cool that there are (is?) active communities dedicated to lucid dreaming…

pretty cool, don’t ya think?

-_-

Yes, it’s unbelievably cool that there are organizations for lucid dreamers!

My advice to you: surf this forum. You’ll find nearly everything there is to know about LDing. Good stuff, bad stuff, stuff that is only dimmly connected to LDing…and if you want, you can ask your own questions and get replies! It’s like lucid heaven on the web. Although, if you’ve been here for any short period of time, you should already know that.

And yes, WBTB is very useful too…

Pinkster :lmao:

Welcome :content:

Theres also another thing you could do. you could get a glass of water and drink half before going to sleep and tell yourslef that you will have a LD and you will remember it and picture yourself waking up from a LD and remembering it and drinking the rest of the water then when you wake up dump out the water and see if it works. otherwise just let it come to you, I’ve been trying to have a lucid dream for like already almost a month and still i’ve gotten only to the pont where I realized I was dreaming but then I dont remember the rest because I’m having trouble with dream recall. but good luck and I hope you have a LD. :cheesy:

I suggest to begin with plenty of Realty Checks, and develop a consistant test like looking at your hands and counting your fingers. ALWAYS use some form of Wake Back-to-Bed. And when you go back to bed, try to fall asleep slowly and catch yourself drifting off as many times as you can. Always go for a WILD, if you miss you will still have a chance of a regular in-dream realisation.

THEN its on to stage 2, the in-dream stuff like stabilising the dream, teleporting, flying etc! Good luck