For all that think OBEs are real part II

Im so excited about this topic I couldnt wait to read all the replies to post my own. Though I have no way to prove it, I have no doubt that O.B.Es are real for the simple fact that me and my sister a had simultaneous O.B.E. as kids. Me and my sister were watching a miniseries by Shirley McClaine on t.v. called out on on a limb some 15 years ago or so. I dont remember every single detail about the experience because it was so long ago. But I do remember sitting indian style on the floor in a dark living room when we seemed to float upwards through the ceiling and into the night sky. As I noticed my house getting smaller and smaller in the distance I noticed a thin thread that seemed to be attached to my house. But as we rose higher I started to grow fearful of not being able to get back home and before I knew it I was back sitting in front of the T.V.

Over time time I seemed to block out the events of that night until recently
when my research on the subject made me realize exactcly what happened that night. Niether one of us were sleep when this happened so I know that lucid dreaming isn`t the only way to have an O.B.E., So I remain hopefull that I will reach this state again one way or the other.

The first thing I would do if I got an OOB experience would be look at my alarm clock, remember the time, look away, look again, remember the time, and when I wake up I look at the clock to see if the time in the OOB was correctly compared to IRL time. Is that a good test to see if the OOB is real?

Okay, I got some examples of AP and you can judge yourself.

OBE=AP I believe

My first two APs happened like lucid dreams. I was quite interested in In Ap, but was trying to get LD downpat before going into it deeply. I researched it alot and got alot of info from a friend who did it naturally.
Well anyway, I was in my bed(sorta of) and “woke” up. I decided to test if this was a dream and I noticed that it felt like RL before I even touch the lamp(touch activated). It didn’t work, and I can’t remember if my hand hit it or went through it, but I was floating the next moment above my body. I thought this was a lucid dream due to the light check and it was definately REAL fealling, I noticed everything in the room seemed different and was sorta darkened, I felt that darkness was collapsing on me. I soon Woke up and decided to try to re-enter the same dream(I forgot the acronym :bored: ). I was in the same situation and was beginning to feel the same way with everying darkening out. I decided that would spin around to keep the "dream afloat. It’s work for me before but in this case, It DID absolutely nothing. I also saw my body below me while spinning(which later led me to question if this was a LD). When I woke up I felt vibrations all over my body.

This could have been a lucid dream or a AP, but the one thing that brings me to believe this might have been a AP, is that The spinning trick to keep dreams afloat did absolutely nothing(it seemed to actually be counter effective) and the vibrations afterwards. I heard that in AP, if you get far away from your body, you could get sucked back in. Well I didn’t really move away since I was too amazed by what I was doing.

Second, my friend happens to be a Natural LD and AP person. I’ve checked up what she said and it checked out. Plus she was quite uncomfortable talking about it and it would be quite hard to fake her face expressions(she eventually got more comfortable). Well anyway, she pretty much explained nearly everything about AP(LD she knew too, but since she did it naturally, she didn’t know how to teach me it). As for her AP actually influences real life, she could go to something called the akashic records while on the AP and look up the future or past. She told me about 2 encounters with the Akashic records which turned out to be true the next day. Okay, it relies on trust, but given how she knew her stuff completely and was able to explain all the dimensions to me I think could give her the benefit of a doubt.

Personally I think they are real or at least something different from LDs. If they were a regular LD but just different, wouldn’t exprienced LD folk be able to get out of the AP senario and do other stuff?

While in the library, I happened to come across a paraphsycology encyclopedia and under the section dealing with AP, it gave a few tests done to prove it. One involved setting off some Highly senstive motion dectetors, another invovled using a Ap to calm a cat down miles away and stop it from purring, and one invovled the ol’ come back with the info on this card miles away. All the tests Succeeded, and btw using a card to determine if AP is real doesn’t work depedning on how long the card is there. I heard that the reason why some things appear weird or new things appear while AP, is due to previous Mental “residue”. If a couch was in the same place for 20 years and later moved. While AP’ing, you could see the couch still there due to everyone being used to it being there. As for new items, they don’t show up too clearly.

Personally, I find the spinning technique to be a very efficient method of waking up prematurely, or at least losing the lucidity. I’ve said it before, and I’ll certainly say it again - the spinning technique is definitely not for everyone.

In addition to that, the rest of the dream seemed (to me, at least) like a classic lucid dream. The environment was untrue to real life (“Astral distortion?” not likely), and attempts to interact with the world proved unpredictable, and unrealistic.

It might just be me, but surely an actual AP/OBE would provide you with a perfectly clear and realistic view of the world - taking into account item positions and light levels. What you describe, sounds like something straight from the imagination.

I should have explained it alitle bit more detailed.
Actually it was just like my room, but a little muddy vision-wise(then again my room is dark at night and it was dark during this Dream or OBE). If it was a lucid dream, it would be a very high quality lucid dream, Everything was in it’s place and it just ended really fast. Also it ended by the means of a AP ended and not a normal lucid dream ending. I was simply recollecting and thinking of how I got here, followed by a slow blackout 10 seconds later. I sorta felt fearful I can imagine this could end a lucid dream, But since I jumped back in and prepared myself to not be afraid or too jumpy, there really isn’'t any reason the dream would end the same way as before(I was using lucid dreams techniques becuase I thought I was lucid dreaming). Only thing I can imagine ending a dream like that would be being too close to the body imediatly after AP. As for the spinning technique, I used it more than once and it’s worked great before. Can it’s effectiveness change and lessen in different dreams?

That’s an interesting question. I’ve never really had success with it, but then, I don’t do it when the LD is already high level. I usually only resort to methods like this when I sense everything coming to an end. Perhaps it works differently depending on the dream.

It may surprise some people, but the brain is actually a very extraordinary device. At all times, it contains a very accurate map of your surroundings. This is how people can do seemingly anything when they sleepwalk - simply because their internal map is so extremely accurate and detailed. We can also see this when lucid dreaming, particularly when you find yourself in a familiar environment that you can compare to the RL version.

Atheist, it is obvious to me and to you that running circles around the issue will not prove or disprove anything. If the world or whoever claims they are real it will not make a difference yet again to me or to you. Truth seekers alike, I propose you get to the point and verify it for yourself with purpose to either prove or disprove the nature of OBEs. The best way to do is involves giving it a completely fair set of trials. I believe you are talented enough to achieve this out of body state and complete clarity of mind when beyond the senses to conduct a specific test; anything that will satisfy, for yourself, a knowledge beyond the subconscious, logic, and the senses which can be verified right upon waking while keeping probability to a minimum. There are plenty of methods for inducing an OBE and the vibrational state, and you are well aware of what LDs feel like so aim not for a dream or WILD experiment but of one that feels most like an experience out of the body. If you must, read Astral Dynamics to know exactly what to achieve and how, to conduct the test in. Remember, giving it a most fair experiment will bring you closer to the truth for yourself, whatever that may be.

Hello, I’m Technodreamer.

I followed the steps on https://www.psychics.co.uk/astraltravel/obeexperiment.html I started to feel my eys were sort of twitching. I saw some white light, even though my eyes were closed. It wasn’t very purple tinted, as some OBEers sugest. I wasn’t sure what to do next. I just sat there focusing on the light and imagining my body lifting away from my physical body. Do I have to wait or should I try move my arm.

I felt as though I could lift my arm out as though completely weight less. Id didn’t hear noises either. I’m I paranoide or am I on the right track?

Technodreamer :cool:

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this but it seems to be the closest thing. My apologies if I’m in the wrong place.
I just wanted some thoughts on the following:
A few years ago I had my first dream in which I seem to either be whooshing around, or feel something whooshing around near me in the dream. This very first dream was quite a scary one. In the next, I was flying low over the Black hills of Dakota (at least that’s what my dream told me they were), no body, just energy flying…
Then in more recent times, perhaps for a year or so, I would now and again dream that I had gone into my grandad’s house and was whooshing, usually quite violently or very energetically, around his house though I never whooshed upstairs as far as I can remember. I know it was me doing the whooshing though I was… how can I describe it??.. just a sort of straw/ yellow light coloured mass of something… energy, no definite form…
At first these dreams scared me a little but then I just seemed to accept them.
Oddly enough, I haven’t had them since my grandad passed on and the only dream I’ve had in which I’ve entered his house again was completely different… I entered as me, and walked into the living room only to find my uncle sitting by the fireplace peacefully. though he didn’t speak I knew he was at peace.
I should point out that this uncle had a very unhappy, turbulent life and had passed on the year before my grandad did.
Any thoughts anyone on the whooshing thing??

my guesses bubobubo is that you’re perhaps APing or that your dream flights are symbolic of your AP activities, or a way for your subconscious to symbolize the freedom of flight outside the bounds of the body.

Well, it seems there might be some scientific proof of other dimensions that might surface. Considering AP allows you to travel to other dimensions(according to what I’ve read and heard from other AP persons I know) this definately helps support the argument. :content:

Chicago Sun Times

The Linear Collider being proposed for Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory near Batavia could help solve a long-standing cosmic mystery involving “dark matter.”

There’s not enough visible stuff in the universe – stars, galaxies and the like – to account for all the apparent gravity. So scientists calculate that about 85 percent of the matter in the universe is dark matter.

Scientists previously proposed that dark matter consists of objects invisible to telescopes, such as dim stars, big planets and black holes. But those theories haven’t panned out, said Fermilab physicist Joe Lykken.

The thinking now is that dark matter consists of subatomic particles zipping around the universe in vast numbers.

One such candidate, Lykken said, is the neutralino, a particle about 100 times heavier than a proton. (For those keeping track, neutralinos would be similar to neutrinos, particles that have little or no mass. Like neutrinos, neutralinos would have no electric charge and wouldn’t interact with ordinary matter.)

It’s theorized that there are about 1,000 neutralinos in every quart of space. As you read this, thousands of neutralinos are shooting right through you. Add them all up, and you’ve got your dark matter, the theory goes. No one has ever seen a neutralino, but, if it exists, it might show up in the linear collider, scientists say.

Another dark matter candidate is the so-called LKP particle. Finding this guy would be a double whammy. In addition to solving the dark matter mystery, the LKP particle could provide evidence for a mind-bending theory that predicts the universe has 10 dimensions: the three dimensions we perceive, plus seven hidden dimensions.

Fermi lab is near where I live, I almost got a job there too in a summer program to educate minorities. Hopefully they get the new accelerator.

I might be missing something, but how does the addition of these new particles in our current dimension prove anything about astral travel? The majority of your post was about these hidden particles, called “neutralinos”, which lack electrons and therefore don’t interact with ordinary matter. None of that has anything to do with the issue at hand. Then at the last second, you introduce this ‘LKP’ particle, and without describing what it actually is, or how it relates to the rest of your post, you claim that it allows for the existence of 7 additional dimensions. Why 7? Why not 2? Why any at all?

Can you provide a link?

https://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-dark06.html

Here’s the link, I’m don’t really know much about it either but I figured it was relevant.

MM its proven already last year that neutrino’s really have mass!

And also is proven now that all galaxies and milkyways have giant blackholes at there centre so add those up and maybe u got all missing matter u need. further the universe is expanding and that also will absorb wavelenghts and there for energy…and energy has mass!

Jeff

Wow you really know about that stuff jeff :cool_laugh:

I thought the article was interesting becuase it invovled other dimensions. Heck I know anything about them. I never took pyhsics in HS, took horticulture :cry: instead

EDIT: the bold part of my post is a part of the article, I just put it iin bold to poin attention to it.

I’m interested in learning more about OBE. Is there a site out there simmilar to this one that could aid me?

If you’re talking about a site like this with a forum then check out these sites:
astralpulse.com/
astralsociety.com/
astralforum.com/phpBB2/

I have done some experiments with OBE’s for a while… from all of my OBEs that I induced between being awake and dreaming stage, I discovered that I could control the enivorment. I also had some experiences where my actual body didn’t exist when I OBE. Time seemed to be different to me, like I would be out of body and it would be daytime whereas it was actually nighttime. I actually did closed my door and when I woke up… it was still open. I also began to wonder why I am alone most of the time when I OBE… what I mean… shouldn’t you be able to see spirits or have a good converstation with your loved ones?

So, I’m suggesting that it’s fake because first of all, it’s just a projection created by your subconsciousness. Maybe to some area it is real, but only because of telepathy. You know, the filters are gone by then when you have an “OBE.” I believe it’s like TV talking about USA… in some areas, it might be true, but I’d say 10% to 20% true. If you really want to know about USA, you have to be there in person (NDE). Other reason why I don’t think OBE’s from that stage between awake and dreaming is possible because your aura shield is up. How could you get out? I am aware that it’s certainly different than LD’s, but I think it’s a smart type of LD’s. It’s just a projection from outer world, but it’s heavily distorted and easily influenced.

Only beyond Delta waves, your aura shield drops. That’s when you actually “OBE”… technically more like having a NDE. Delta waves is a deep sleep stage and below that, you have NDE’s, coma, and death. You have no aura shield to keep you inside; therefore, you go out. Above delta waves, your aura shield still holds, thus, you can’t go out (an illusion or a projection like I said). You could go beyond Delta waves if you have an life-threatening event or ability to meditate deeply.

Mmm, do an experiment on yourself when you OBE. Try influencing some physical objects and see if you actually influenced them when you wake up. Try turn it into a LD. Try and contact people from other side. Try look at the clock. Try that hidden card experiment where you hide the unseen card somewhere that you could easily see when you OBE. Experiment and see if it’s actually a real OBE or not.

I gotta go for now, but I’ll discuss about that later.

lol yeah among the worst to tune into is CNN :wink: but I like your symbolism

I am not in the position to critically judge authors of dream books/OBE/Astral Projection however many of them I read so I’ll leave that for now.

From experience I did notice differences between WILD and OBE(Projection). In those rare moments where I increased frequency of vibration and managed to separate, one experiment I set up was random card face up on a drawer. Result: it changed. A second one felt more like a LD, I checked the thermometer outside. The bar was low (winter) but F and C scale were unreadable. Many other times the time seemed correct, but not waking instantly there’s no way to verify (…not to mention my powerful bioclock!). Aside other interesting observations, the point is, I am sure this is very much possible, but this will only prove that in those mind-states that remote viewing is possible. Or that faculties for clairvoyance are more open in those trance states.

anyways I meant to post my view now in relation to experience, reasoning, and what other’s have taught me :wink:

The only time I felt I had a real OBE (this was before I knew what an OBE was) was when I was 18 yrs old.
I was at a friends house and we were tripping on LSD. We were sitting around watching “Kung Fu Theater” on tv.
I really started tripping hard, so I felt. I was sitting on the couch and feeling like I was becoming like a heavy blob with no form, sinking in the couch. My vision was becoming distorted and the colors of my surrounding was becoming purplish or like a violet color.
All of a sudden I am looking down on everything. I was looking down at my friends and my postitioning was over the the fireplace. Now from where I was sitting , the fireplace was about 10 to 12 feet from me. But now it is directly below me. Then I looked around and saw myself sitting on the couch looking with my face forward. I could not tell if my eyes were open , cause at that moment , I was scared sh!tless.
I thought I had died . Then at that moment , immediately I was back at my regular position.
I have had , what I thought to be OBE’s and I would see my body on the bed, but looking around the room , it wouldnt be my room. If I walked out side , it wouldnt be my neighborhood.
One other experience I had experimenting with OBE’s was on a Peurto Rico detachment I was on (In the Navy)
I was staying in the barracks and one other guy was sharing my room.
I did make it out one night there, and I could see myself in my rack asleep. Normaly I would walk on out and take a journey. However I looked over and saw my roomate asleep. So I though " I wonder if I can wake him up and bring him out too?"
So I leaped on top of him and tried to pull him out . I yanked him up and we fell to the floor. He did wake up but he looked scared to death. I said to him “Hey man relax , we are out of our bodies, this is cool!”
He still was freakin, and I went ahead and helped back on the bed and I said " Its ok , it’s ok forget what happend , relax and go on back to sleep. He did , and I went traveling around for alittle while.
The next morning I asked him if he had any strange dreams . He said no, nothing he could recall.
I told this story to a fellow OBE’r and he pointed out that my mistake was , that I told him to forget what happened.