Time dilation & external stimuli

Ok, as alot of you will know dream time isn’t always the same as the time in reality, like you may be dreaming for what seems like an hours, when in real life only 10 minutes has gone past. And you probably also know that things going on in the real world can effect us while we’re dreaming, like sounds etc…

So I was just wondering what you guys think would happen if your dream time had been dilated & you were hearing something or whatever from the real world at the same time? Would you hear slow-mo voice? Would it put you back into normal time? What do you think…?

what happens is you hear it while you are dreaming. An example is one time I was sleeping. My mom was talking on the phone. While I was asleep and dreaming I could hear her voice totally clear. It actually messes my dream up because I started to dream what she was talking about. It sucked because she costed me my lucidity but I learned something. It is true if someone is in REM sleep,you can whisper in there ear and they will dream about what you say to them. I’ve done this to my friends plenty of times. Trust me you don’t want to know what I made them dream about.hahahahaha.

Well once i was walking on the beach in my dream and at the same time someones alarm clock started, the sound got incorperated in the dream and I thought it was an alarm siren for air attacts. anyway it escalated into a wil adventure and i experienced alot, and when I asked how long the alarm sounded in RL they said it was only a few minutes.

I think that mostly when dreamtime gets dilated there just happens alot more then you are used to. Time is change and the more change there is the slower time goes if you measure it against your conception of normal time speed. On the other hand if nothing happens time can apprear to go slow also. It depends on the way you look at it.

I once had a dream that lasted a couple of weeks in dream-time, but in real time it was probably only about 10 mins

My mother told me that her grandfather had a dream which directly relates to your question of external stimuli and time dialtion.

He dreamed of a clock striking very slowly, and he noticed what a long gap there was between each sound. He woke up and the clock in his house was continuing to strike, but he now percieved it as striking at normal speed.

yes. yes i do. :eh:

Ok one that wasn’t that bad was old fat lady’s doing something that isn’t right. :bored:
That one was heavenly compared to others which are to horrible to think about again.