the purpose of LD's

A friend of mine who is very interested in meditation and higher states of consciousness often asks me what I think the purpose of LD’s are, beyond ego driven gratification, i.e sex etc. I’m not saying I find it hard to answer him, but was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts out there.
Contacting dead friends and relatives, entering different dimensions, healing are a few things that come to mind for me.

To help build one’s self from the inside.

To get used to the fact that there is more than one reality

And to travel for free:)

you mean its not just about sex?

to learn to fly (not just literally)

I think asking why we’re able to lucid dream is like asking what the purpose of life is. I mean, sure we can say that we can call up the dead, and learn about ourselves, but is that really the purpose? WHY we have this ability is more what I would ask. That’s just me though.

So then, Imagine, WHY are we able to LD then? It seems you ask a similar question to me.

The purpose is to experience yourself in the HIGHEST thought that you ever had about yourself… and… just to have fun…whatever that may be…
just… simply… fun…, :cool_laugh:

could you elaborate further please.
Fun sounds great. Once , I started to fly and told everyone else they could fly too, and dozens of dream characters were flying with me. That was fun.

I like traumgänger’s idea.

I think LDs enable you to go deep inside yourself and have conversations with yourself in ways that make you think it’s a separate being.

It’s a way that you can experience the unexplainable. To prepare you for what’s next.

LDs learn us that reality is not always as evident as it seems. It teaches us that ultimately we can change our personal reality if we believe in change hard enough. Furthermore, it teaches us that we don’t need to be lived (like NLDs), but that we have the ability to live for ourselves (like LDs).

nice one, mystic