David Blaine - Levitation

Does anyone know how David Blaine does that levitation trick?..I know it is some sort of trick, but I don’t know how he does it. I searched the web but couldn’t find anything on it. Do any of you know how he does it ???

J05h

No idea! :cool_laugh:
But i sure would like to know myself!

Jeff

It’s called the Balducci Levitation, and there’s a large amount of information online if you search for that.

Blaine’s version is a bit of a cheat since he uses the Balducci with some added technical trickery.

Thx BadcandleJack! :smile:

Great avatar btw i really like it…

Jeff

as badcandlejack stated simple trickery Balducci Levitation, it works by ballencing on one foot (and up to tip-toe) keeping the other foot flat so it appears to levitate. From the right angle the people watching should not be able to see the other foot on the floor.

Thus you are levitating.

as for how he does the big levitation where he goes several feet off the floor OUTSIDE. well he uses the Balducci Levitation trick, then back in the sudio reshoots it using a wire. Then with the miracle of techknology dubs the studio shoot over the previous outside trick which makes him appear to levitate several feet outside without wires :wink:

Blaine is a remarkable man, that standing in one spot for however many hours for example. But the levitation trick is simply just that, a trick.

Thanks Jeff. It was extremely difficult to make, this was the process I went through:

1. Sent a message to ReaLiTY.FaiLuRe and asked for a custom-made avatar.
  2. Received the avatar and said ‘Thank you.’

q=

oh ok so thats how he does…it looked cool…i can do it for real though…in my dreams :smile:

Thanks Insane_Goth :smile:
Now i know how it works i can start practising myself :wink:

Greetz,
Jeff

Badcandlejack thanks!
I will ask them to make one 4 me to lol :cool:

greetz,
Jeff

ahm… yeah cool trick, does anybody know 'bout this “King Rising ©” thing? seems to be lot better… but i didn’t find information, except how to buy a video…

hey Pixelmonster. Who’s that avatar of?

hey dreamwalker… i don’t understand your question, maybe cause i dont speak english very well?

mh my avatar is me… with mouths instead of eyes… and one eye instead of a mouth…
and if you are instersted, here is the BIG ONE size=75[/size]
if you really going for high-res click here[/size]

ahh I see said the blind man to his deaf dog. It sorta looks like a picture of someone that got beat up with there eyes swollen shut.

I spotted this old thread on my travels and thought we could continue the (deleted) discussion about the lastest David Blaine stunt…the apparent 44 days without food.

yes yes. I like jack avatar. And who is that pixel?

The levitation thingy is not so so hard, with about 10 minutes practice, you can become good at david blaine version. he is such a cheater.

Yes…this is such an easy trick to master. All you need is to stand at the right angle to the person you’re doing it to. I dont know how many of my friends i have fooled with this trick. So what if its easy its still fun to do.