"God this, God that" In the USA

wonder if I could swear on a playboy :cool:

Well,you probably could Sleepy,but that’s not the point I wanted to make.

What I wanted to say is that the law in the Constitution for religous freedom reads as follows: “There shall be no law made for or against religion”

So,we might have to change the pledge,say, instead of pledging “One nation under God” it’s “One nation under our God”.

But we can’t change the fact that some people in power will be religous.IMO,trying to make it so that only atheists are in power is just as bad as people trying to make it so that only Christians are in power.

as i always say…two things you should never talk about…religion and politics…both have different views…and neither side will agree…

Well i think the idea of the country was to be free, so if you think about it, either way if its christian or not we still do what we want to do.

Well said, just look back on when religion used to be in control, everybody was burned just b/c the villagers thought they were witches.

Religion is politics, or politics is a religion…

This goes both ways etc. and I’m just scared that with that comment this turns into an immense topic with people ranting back and forth without the conversation leading to anywhere… and me posting pictures like chosenone.spektr.net/co2.gif

Hmm, arn’t most of the laws in the bible based on the old laws of Jeruselum?

Christian beliefs are inherently an irrational way of thinking because of the requirement of faith. Faith is necessary for Christianity, and it can only be regarded in the absence of reason.

‘It is impossible for faith to be maintained rationally, because if a belief is rationally demonstrated, it ceases to be an article of faith.’

‘Only if ones beliefs are indefensible - and only if one wishes to retain these beliefs in spite of their indefensibility - is the appeal to faith necessary.’

Science is progressive, religion is not. We do not have have the scientific knowledge to find all the answers, but that is not to say that we never will. Currently, the most advanced theories postulate that the universe is in an infinite cycle of expansion and collapse. I find it just as hard to believe in a God that just happens to exist.

Me thinks ppl should think for them selfs not let politics who cant run there own lives never mind ours do that for us, and those who believe in religous-cults like ‘christianity’ n ‘jewdism’, ‘jedi’ n ‘voodoo’ and the many more should stop worrying about going to hell and more on the reality that all of the religions teachings are bull and that if they think for them selfs with a ‘sane’ mind there lives will probibly be much better, back me up here athiest eh :content:

"in fact I think it should be incouraged. " you said ben.
Do you not mean “Encouraged”?
he he he he. Oh if only shibu were here. i would chew you all out.

One of point of founding of US is a land free of religious prosecution. In my school, you allow to say prayer if you wish, but not require. All that is necessary is moment of silence for those who do wish it. And I can understand that. But If you want ENCOURAGE, then that mean that you will be PUNISH if you don’t, which whether that is part of you plan or not, WILL happen, and therefore if unconstitutional. All men (and women) is create equal, but as they say-Those who vote do not make decision, those who count vote is making the decision. Texas is in crap because of Rick Perry. And I don’t see what that has to do with but, move on with religion thing.

Let us think of this. Would you be piss off if they put “Under Allah” in pledge of allegiance? Well, muslim won’t, and maybe you do not, but maybe you parent will. Try turn table.
I was told “In god we trust” was not put on money until one of world war because US honored “separation of church and state”. ANd this is split decision for me as is pledge. I think it shouldn’t be like that, but people of other religion and atheist can’t just suck it up? they should not have care. It’s not that bad. -_-

But as for ten commandments, that is just wrong. Is just wrong yes yes? do no one agree? To be told to worship no other than “God” or else you suffer eternity in lake of fire? What in hell!?

ANd I thought about this too. God must be asshole (no offense to god) if they wrote bible on his direct word. I mean, For a minute 60 years or so of life, and if you just no think of him, then you go to hell forever? that is not nice. But then I think- maybe god is not logical as he should be.

Then I pass out. I only think of such thing because shibu tell me to. -_-

Point being, to do such thing as you say to encourage religion in school, specified of course, would go against very fabric of founding of US. But then, everything else US does goes against reason of founding, and many reason of founding not right either. -_- women no vote. That is not nice either. Racism. If you have problem with somebody, just say to they face.

Whoever agree or disagree, please site specifics because I am almost positive I contradict self several times.

But, what do I know?

Make the christians happy so we don’t have to listen to them complain.

Oh wait, I’m christian.

Yea. Make me happy so we don’t complain.:slight_smile:

Hi Trung!

Hiya shinta! Glad to see you finally on yes. :slight_smile:

Please not to appease them. they’re like children. If you give them, they want more yes yes.

Well, if you take off the “One nationd under God”, you’re not favoring the Athiests, you’re leaving it at a neutral position. That’s like saying anything that doesn’t have “God” on it favors Athiesm. :tongue:

Welcome to the forums, Shinta…Looks like you know Trung. :content:

What amazed me more was that Bush included “God” in his war speeces too… May god help us win this war, may god bless the america… sigh

I thought the bible stated that revenge, wars, violence and so on was wrong?

that idiot bush. ^.^ and yes i knows shinta. he live down street. ^.^

I agree but it is taking away freedom of speech andsorry about any mispellings.Leaving it the way it is smart because no one can really get mad at making people of certain groups happy.Also it been his way for a long time.Did the bible really state that?

Ach ja, may God help us kill the Iraqis and may Allah help them kill us. Whooo.

I still believe that it would be better for him not to apply it to the whole country. Shinta, you’re right, he’s got freedom of speech, so I don’t care if he says HE believes in God (Although I’d rather he’d not do it on TV for no reason), but to apply it to the whole nation isn’t very nice.

But we have establish bush is idiot right?

To quote paul-“If the president can make up words so can i!”.

He have freedom of speech, but he shouldn’t. Idiots should not be allowed to talk. ^.^ or at least not political idiots. ^.^

lets see umm bush included god thatt’s good but he way he said it was wrong.Him saying may godbless us…no it should of been god bless us and god bless america and if any one is offended they should just live with it the atheist are gettin everything.Dont you people realize that this nation was built on the bible and its beliefs.

and hi trung

the stupidest thing i ever saw was these ppl were protesting the ten commandmont thingy in the court house and one shouted " GIVE US BACK OUR GOD! YOU… GOD HATER!" Moron. Its like on the first line, thou shalt not worship false idols.

Religion does not give you freedom, it restricts it…