The big WILD topic part VII

Athiest, search the site for messages from a person name Dunlar. he was a person that did WILD when first going to sleep almost everynight. That kind of goes against ur theory there.

Atheist is right that wild aint so easy to accomplish, as many maybe think!
Not for nothing it is called in the far east dream yoga.
When u practise dream yoga u also go through wild because wild with full consciousness, so from waking to rem sleep in one line u always go through trance levels.

The easiest way to do it is with a picture in your mind while u try to fall a sleep. Lol, Atheist found a way that already existed and is called the flame in the throat chakra…a dream yoga practise.
You visualize a orange flame or rose bud in your throat and then fall a sleep. If your concentration (association) stays awake your body falls into rem sleep but u keep consciousness in your dream and so you will be lucid.
I do this now and then in the morning and i find it the easiest way to do a wild.
Of course instead of a flame or a rose u can also use a book or a cube a triangle or whatever suits u 4 a visual. And the throat aint important to visualize at…just a visual in your consciousness suits fine to.

The hard way is just become empty and focus your breathing at your plexus solaris. Melt awareness and breathing as one at the plexus spot of your body, especially the breathing out. then your body falls a sleep SLOWLY…so u need lots of patience and you first enter a feeling like your floating into air…at the same time all around u is black…if u are trained its just dark grey. then u c a small spot in the centre of your consciousness that gets bigger and bigger and u c movement in it. Then when it still becomes bigger u can c a dream in it and u can enter it and u entered a dream with full consciousness.

Why is the last form of wild…the dream yoga way so hard?
Well, when i was in hospital i asked the sleep research section there, witch brainwave have the strongest presence in rem sleep. The answer was alpha waves. Thats emptyness :smile: That also explains why many ppl who practise zen meditation get more lds over the years…because they integrate the experience of emptyness in their awareness!
So thats why its very hard to do it with full consciousness and not with the aid of a visual like for instance Atheist book!
I also can do it that way and i still do lol…but yes its hard…it asks all of my meditation, self hypnosis and breathing tech i practised over 17 to 20 years.

U can also do it with counting instead of a visual but this also asks 4 a long dedication of practising.

Hope u all get some info out of this :happy:

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

So let me get this straight, I could do it like this…?

1 - Wake up after 5 or 6 hours sleep
2 - Take a pee (I always need to, I drink a lot of water)
3 - Go back to bed
4 - Focus on an image in my head, and try to stay focussed on it.

Would this work?

yes, if u can let your body fall a sleep.
If you can relax deep and at the same time visualize a simple visual in your consciousness.
But remember even this tech not all ppl will succeed in.
A wild tech is not like something u buy that gives u the right to use it at will. So it still needs talent.
Iam saying here for a long time now…try try try…but it aint no garantee lol

GreetzZZzzzz :cool_laugh:

Jeff

Shoo, shoo!

Well, I thought I’d ask a question here, seemed like the best place to ask it.
I can never concentrate on something when I try WILD! And when I finally concentrate on something like the sound of a fan or something, I just can’t fall asleep. I have trouble falling asleep in any case, so when I try WILD its almost impossible…

HELP? :bored:

Immortal to fall a sleep you need serotonin.
U can buy the precursor of serotonin and thats tryptophan an aminoacid.
Take that with 3 gram honey or grapesugar not with normal sugar…it will help for the trytophan to enter your brain.
If you are from the U.S.A then u cant bye trytophan…illegal…so in that case buy bananas…eat 2 or so with glass of milk and some honey.
Bananas, turkey meat, milk and cheese contain also tryptophan.
your body transforms it into serotonin and u fall a sleep more easy also while wilding lol. For that process is also needed magnesium and vit b6, if u want to optimize it lol.

Jeff

Ah- Thanks a lot, Jeff, I only wish I’d know that sooner…

Anyway I looked it up, and in case you wanted to know, foods containing high amounts of magnesium are:

Spinach, Avocados, Barley, Chocolate, Pumpkin seeds, Oysters, Sunflower seeds, Brazil nuts, Amaranth, Buckwheat, Quinoa, and Almonds.

Foods high in Vitamin B6:

Sweet potatoes, --Bananas (! 2 birds with one stone!)-- , Mangoes, Rice, brown, Sunflower seeds, Tuna, Chick-peas, Salmon, Pork, fresh, Potatoes, Turkey, Chicken, Bok choy, Barley, and Avocados.

Tonight: Bananas and chocolate milk!!
That sugar content may just make that backfire…

Oh yes, one more thing, I’m not about to plagiarize:
This information was researched from wholehealthmd.com.
Coincidentally, these three, combined with calcium, vitamin E, and zinc, defend against PMS. (Of course I was too stupid to know that, I yahoo-searched for the three and found them all listed in the PMS section)

Good info Infection0! thx! :smile:
Chocolate milk contains caffeine so dont drink liters lol…

Greetings,
Jeff

ok question… i’ve never been good with WILD. whenever i try to do it i fail, but some nights, usually after i have waken up in the middle of the night and am going back to sleep, i’ll notice that i’m dreaming (a very very faded dream btw) as soon as i realize it, i lose it and wake up fully

i almost don’t even wanna call these WILDs cause i’m still in my physical body, don’t notice any sleep paralysis or vibrations, it’s more like a daydream

anyway this morning a strange thing happened i realized i was having one of these WILD/daydreams as i was trying to go back to sleep and the realization didn’t make it fade. i could sorta steer the dream and noticed that i was dreaming about stuff that i was thinking about as i was trying to drift off to sleep.

it’s kinda hard to explain, i couldn’t really take over the dream (i knew if i tried i would wake up) and it was so faded that i knew how fragile it was, and i could still feel my physical body, it was like i was watching a movie playing on the inside of my eyelids

can anybody offer any insight assistance. i’d like to be able to stabilize this WILD/daydreams/whatever they are.

Isn’t that just hypnagogic imagery?

i thought hypnagogic images were just random images… these are actually dream sequences people will be talking stuff will be happening

Oneiromancer i know what u mean i have that sometimes…in the morning, and sometimes at day when i listen to lol old ub40 music and let myself totally relax…then i c a dream…but am not in it…weird to explain…if i relax deeper i am then in the dream to…but if i only blink with my thoughts i am thrown out of it…it means u have then a great amount of alpha waves in your brain and some theta waves…witch connect to rem sleep but still not yet totally is yet rem sleep as we normally know it. So its indeed a special state of consciousness…it connects waking and rem sleep at the same time.

greetz,
Jeff

cool, thx for the insight

Quite often how I have LDs is when i’ve just woken up from a dream and I’m still in that sleepy state I’ll just concentrate on where I last was in the dream and fall back into it. Are these WILDs? Cause I never get any of the vibrations and stuff that other people talk about.

yes Jabbervock those are wilds to…u dont have to go through the vibrations in all forms of wild…there are many ways to practise a wild.
Your sleepy state lol helps u in this…hehe…if u where some hours awake this would be way more difficult. When you are still sleepy your cortex isnt yet so dominant yet…so yes that can happen…probably also some other level of neurotransmitters are still a bit different then when you are hours awake already.

I sometimes go into a ld from meditation state…i plan that so to happen sometimes…and then u also got no vibrations!
I tried this a few times with the aid of melatonin and then it was even easy…way more easy then when i normally try to go from meditation to dream state with consciousness. So it could be your melatonin level plays a role in this Jabbervock! :happy:

Greetz,
Jeff

!@#@!#!

I need some SERIOUS help, I’ve just been lying in bed for about an hour and a half, I tried concentrating, I tried relaxing, I tried some of the 61-point relaxation method - NOTHING. I had a few small vibrations in my right leg but they went away. En Oh Tee Aych Ay En Jee! NOTHING! I just can’t fall asleep, and the thing is I’m tired too, so it should be easy but I just can’t.

Anyone who can help me is welcome to try :sad:

immortal: patience is the key of being able to succeed in WILDing. Remember that. :smile:

great to hear that athiest :smile:

found some doc with an unusual wild techniqe (if you can’t read german u can use some webpage translator) animus.fateback.com/animus/klartraum/6.html

Actually, a friend of mine can induce REM at will. But yeah, it’s rare.

If you attain a WILD during a time when you wouldn’t normally be going into REM sleep, you’re probably causing hypnagogic hallucinations of some kind, which can in turn trigger REM. It’s just much harder for most people.