Paralyzed in LD

Greetings,

This morning I had a strange thing happen. I went to sleep 3:30 and got up at 9:30. After a half hour, I went back to bed. I soon found myself in my bed, and the clock said something like 10:48, so i decided to do an RC, and checked back with it saying 9:90. So I thought “Finally, lets have some fun” But before that, I had to stabilize everything and make it clearer. I started rubbing my hands together, and when I was satified with the clarity I went to move. And theres the problem, I couldnt move. It was as if I was glued to the bed. I woke up soon after; the whole thing lasted all of 5 seconds. Im still pretty satisfied about it; my level of lucidity was high. So what happened to me back there? Has anyone else experianced that?

Hi m2k961!:slight_smile:

What happened to u is something called “dream Paralysis”. Its pretty much when one cant move and has their whole body Stuck" I think that every1 experiences this sooner of later…i havent tho. When and if this happens to u u must not panic! It will go away!
Well good luck with it all ^_~

I’ve heard of this before on several occasions but never experienced it myself. I think Casteneda wrote about it in “The Art of Dreaming.” Though he said it was because the dreamer is having energy problems. The energetic body isn’t complete or is low on energy I believe.

I personally think that it has to do more with your mind and will. Much of what happens in dreams happens because we are allowing it to happen either consciously or subconsciously. I would imagine that concentration and a show of will would get you moving again. Bear in mind this is coming from someone whos never had the same problem. :smile:

Oh btw m2k961. I called it 'dream paralysis"…i ment SlEEP paralysis(a.k.a SP)

It may be because the dreamer is having ‘energy problems’, but it may have more to do with the fact that the body is paralysed during sleep so that you don’t get up and start acting out your dreams. Sometimes this doesn’t work properly, leading to sleepwalking/talking and, yes, sleep paralysis.

And indeed an effort of will does enable you to move again. I personally find it helpful to focus on moving a specific part of the body, using all your energy on that. Once you move one part of the body, the rest usually follows.

I thought that he was finding himself paralyzed inside the dream. Am I wrong? Thats not sleep paralysis at all. As I understood it, he dreamed he was in his bed and did a RC only to find the clock didn’t back up reality and then he found he couldn’t move.

Ah, you’re right; I misread that. It could be possible, though, that because he was in bed in his dream, his dream body mirrored the conditions that his actual body was experiencing, a little like falling out of bed in real life and at the same time experiencing a falling effect in the dream. That’s just a guess, though. Still, an effort of will would still probably prove useful, although that might result in waking up…

I`ve had the same experience a few times before. Sleep paralysis happens before you A.P. . It is usually accompanied by a feeling of vibration throughout the body. If it happens again make the suggestion, I would sure like to astral project now and see what happens. :angel_fly: