Lucid Living??

LL - Lucid Living: the state of mind produced when you practice for Lucid Dreams in the waking world. The feeling that should be produced when you practice any of several exercises in the waking world, including the RC (reality check).

:confused: This was in the Acronym subject… could someone please explain more? I don’t understand. :oof:

You must copy/paste this message and re-post it into the “acronym - dictionary” thread.

The “NEW TOPIC” and “REPLY” buttons are right beside each other, and can be easily mistaken for one another. It looks like you accidently clicked onto “New Topic” instead of “Reply.”

Only the author of the message can repost their message inside of new threads. We cannot “move” it.

Hayley:

Don’t you dare move this thread. :bounce:

I posted that acronym but it never took hold. I would love to discuss it further.

One of the things that many people (who have not had a lucid dream) ask is “what does it feel like”. I have answered that question many times and each time I get a little better understanding of it.

In an LD I am trying to control my attention, a little attention on me, most on my enviornment, keeping the balance, don’t think toooo much, etc. This, of course, takes work and it is easily lost (for me). But I keep trying and with practice I get better and hold on to an LD for longer periods of time.

Practicing this control of attention I liken to building muscles, and in the waking world I practice building those same LD muscles. Thus when I do a Reality Check (ask myself, “is this a dream”) I try to get that same feeling of “controlled attention” that I have in an LD. When I get it, it makes the waking world almost as exciting as an LD. That’s why I call it Lucid Living. Personally, I think it is the only way to live, asleep or awake.

Have you have an LD? Know what I’m talking about?

Thanks, Dust Mote!

I have never had a lucid dream, and just heard of/got interested in the topic a couple days ago. So I do not know from experience what you’re talking about, but I get the sense of finding balance in yourself & environment &… well, everything. That is very cool. And something I’ve kinda tried to achieve before I even heard of lucid dreams. I hope I do experience lucid dreams & also this lucid living! :grin:

Dream Addict, I will still copy/paste the thread if you really want me too… but the reason I made a new thread is because I hoped to spark discussion on the topic of lucid living, not just simply ask for a clearer meaning.

I agree, this should be a separate topic:

Most people don’t regularly visit the Acronym thread because it’s there mostly as a reference.

Hayley wasn’t looking only for an answer, but a discussion too. And we all know this forum could always use some more interesting discussions.

Hayley:

As the author of the aforementioned acronym and party of the first part, I hereby give my permission to rip my post and post my post on any old post you feel like. Blood and urine samples available on request.

There is a “new age” (or whatever) concept of being centered and balanced that, while also very cool, might be confussing. While there are some simialarities, I’m not talking about being blissed-out, feeling connected to everything, etc.

Here’s an example of the kind of lucidity I’m talking about: Say you are walking down a street, thinking about a movie you just saw. A bird flys in front of you. You kind of “wake up”, follow the birds flight, see its coloring, etc. That waking up is lucidity. Now, do it in a dream.

Have fun. You’re going to love that first LD.

Ohhh! I misunderstood Hayley. sorry! :blush:

I thought she meant “This was suppose to be in the Acronym subject”
No need to copy/paste this in the dictionary :thumbs:
My mistake. :shy:

I was surfing through topics with no replies and came across this one. I guess my mistake helped draw some attention. :content:

Though I love the idea of “lucid living,” I find it difficult to use on the forum. I rarely say “I was LL today.” :smile:
But if the “LL” acronym is used more on the forum, it will definatly be added to the dictionary. :wink: Let’s hope it does take hold and people learn how to implement it.

Absolutely! It should be separate. I first mistaken Hayley’s post as a “mispost.” :tongue:
and the Acronym thread IS for reference, not discussion.

Happy LL! :alien: