was that lucid or not?

guys i have another question!
yesterday I dreamt I was in my country house with my girlfriend and we were sleeping.I remember trying to concentrate on the blackness, and then at some point I sort of got out, but with a moment of blackout. Next thing I knew, I was on the balcony of the house, with full consciousness (or so I thought, because clarity of THOUGHT was very small and everything happened really fast) and the first thing I thought of was, errrr, flying…
So I took off and flew over the small city (by the shoreside) I was in.
I flew along the coast, and then for some reason I entered a shop (while in flying mode) and went out of it, only to notice that I was the leader of a group of invalid runners (they were on their wheelchairs) …
then I woke up next to my girlfriend and I told her all about my OBE ( i thought it was one, at that point) , and then I went out on the balcony and practiced some aikido movements, watching my reflection on the window.
And then I woke up. I knew I was dreaming, but I didn’t know that I was dreaming that I was dreaming. Was this an LD, or was it half an LD? or was it just a dream where I thought i was Lding?
i m really mixed up about it, because I can’t remember thinking of anything while flying, or feeling normal, as in other LDs …
any ideas?

first off lemme say that i do aikido too :smile:

what you described to me sounds like a false awakening, that’s where you “wake up” from a dream, and you’re in your bedroom so you think you woke up for real, and a lotta times lose lucidity. i think people also call these false lucid dreams, but i don’t think it’s fair to call it “false”. in my opinion, if you know you’re dreaming, you’re lucid, end of story, sounds like a low-level lucid dream to me, but still lucid

hope that helped

oneiromancer, that was no FA. It began when I FELL asleep inside the dream, so if there actually was a FA, then there was a False Beguiling before that !!
(btw, I see aikido dreams really often , but I can’t say I get the same vivid feeling of awakeness … I just don’t feel the movements to be very real. Maybe because I m still a beginner :smile: )

OK i need some help here because i m getting seriously frustrated !!
It sort of happened again. I had a dream last night , and about 4-5 hours later during the day I realized some part of it had the notion of lucidity in it. To be exact, I remember saying “this is a dream this is a dream this is a dream” , I remember touching the face of someone who was with me , to see if I could feel the texture. (I think it was Cartman, personified !!)
HOWEVER, there is something in this dream , which tells me, just like in my last dream, that this COULDN’T have been a LD… First of all,I never THOUGHT of doing what I usually think about when I am given these precious 10 seconds of lucidity (talking to the characters to see how they will react) , and then , it was like I was following the flow of the dream. I was a bit afraid that the dream would fade out, but it never did !! I remember playing an arcade game with someone. He asked me to choose which game I wanted to play, and I thought i wanted something to do with pursuit, so I ended up flying around in a maze full of 3D ladders walls etc…
How come I never thought of searching for that girl I like in Uni, or inspecting my surroundings so as to find their symbolism?
could this NOT be a LD ? please I need your expertise !
thx
sotiris

… A lot of the times, people plan out what they want to do, but never do it. I recently had my second lucid experience. It was last night to be exact. It only lasted about ten seconds, but in those ten seconds, I never thought about that one thing I wanted to do. (I’ve always wanted to beat the tar out of this one wrestling I hate. Triple H. Even if you don’t watch wrestling, you may have heard of him.)

First, I’d recommend looking around, talking to dream character, and getting used to the whole lucid deal. When you’ve done all of that, stop and think a moment, mid-dream. “What do I want to do that I can’t do in waking life?” Remember, you have to really push yourself to make stuff appear, or to walk through walls and stuff. Don’t just think “Oh, uhh, thing, appear.” That doesn’t always work. Try thinking, “Oh, yeah. That’s what I wanted to do… Okay. When I turn around, I KNOW, for a fact, that what I want will be there, waiting for me, no ifs, ands, or buts.”

I’m still a newbie to the whole lucid scene, so if I screwed up and gave bad directions, please, I beg of you, correct me.

don’t worry I m a beginner as well. It’s just that what you say is slightly out of topic. I know all that, and I’ve done it in the past. The thing is, my last couple of dreams are as if I am NOT there, although I have some sort of consciousness. It’s not that I m talking about LDs in my dream, I actually think I m having one. But it doesn’t feel like it’s an LD. that’s the problem. Is that how one would describe a low level LD, or a normal dream where one is under the impression he has an LD ?

…and the same story continues…
Last night I had a dream where I dreamt I APed and there was a great brown vortex over me, where in the other side of the vortex there was a group of people who had created the vortex and they sort of asked me to join…
the thing is… is that a dream ABOUT OOBEing, or was it an actual OOBE “camouflaged” so that I don’t panic (as I’ve done in the past) ?

In the beginning of my enthusiasm concerning oobes and LDs, I saw some dreams where I talked about them, but, as I had previously read, they were a sign that LDs and OOBEs would follow (and they did) …
In this case, why isn’t this happening now?!