Very Depressing Dreams here

it seems like 1/2 the dreams i have make me really sad and stuff. just this morning i had 2 qute drpressing dreams. the first one was that our house was in an apartment but there was a fire in the apartment and everything we owned (except my harry potter book :bored: and stuff in the kitchen) was distroyed. THEN in the other dream i had it was christmas and my bro was at camp on christmas day but this was during the night. my bro walked home (he said it was 15 miles but it is a lot more in reality) and gave me presents but nobody else got any presents. then he started walking back to camp. my mom told me that cole didn’t really like her any more but i kno this is definatly not true in my dream my mom was really depressed. anyone else have sad/depressing dreams?

Hmm… you casn use that as a dreamsign for relizing your in a dream, then find out why it’s like that. Might be some drama at home. Usually in my dreams I’m being chased like a fugitive. Everyone wants to kill me in my dreams, but I always escape :wink:

When people are trying to kill you, you manage to get away! In the last dream like that, I was running (big surprise eh?) then I got shot and hit with a car.

As for depressing dreams, I get them sometimes. I had one where a nuclear sub had crashed by my old school and the whole planet was becoming irradiated. I was hiding in a trailer in a park. I was freaked out when I woke up. Oh yea there’s no water by my school. The sub was dropped by a tornado. I think mine was related to watching K-19 The Widowmaker that day.

You could be having depressing dreams just merely by coincidence, or if I was Freud I say “These dreams are your subconscious’s way of expressing its guilt because you secretly want to kill your father and marry your mother.” Freud was a perverted wacko. It’s probably just coincidence. Try reading/watching/doing something uplifting before bed.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I can tell you that it will change over time (like everything).
I had a year where I had nothing but nightmares, really made sleeping a drag and I was worried that it wouldn’t change, but it did.
I still have a lot af sad and or violent dreams, but nothing like that one stretch, which helps me keep it all in perspective. :tongue:

wierd i just had a string of short lucid dreams (not very vivid but its a start as i have only had 1 lucid dream prior to this) and in all of them my life was being threatend :bored: in one a guy was chacing me and this little girl i was protecting with a knife we were running around in this big wearhouse i can’t remember how it ended but i kno the “bad guy” with the knife didn’t get us but it was really wierd cuz i don’t remember doing anything that involved carrying a girl on my shoulders being chaced by a guy with a knife :eh:

I’m sorry. I really am. I have happy dreams, I’ve even woken up crying because they’re so good, like happy crying that is. Tell me, are you like depressed or anything in real life aswell?

lol no i’m not depressed in RL (except for mood swings due to my damn hormones) i’m usually happy