Young People and LD

It’s really quite obvious why children have more LDs than older people. The primary reason is because they haven’t spent as much time developing a standard sleeping routine. This means that for them, each night is full of strange and unusual experiences that don’t follow any kind of pattern that the rest of us have developed over 20 years. Also, it might have something to do with children not yet properly defining a constant seperation between dreams and the waking state. Because of this, they’re probaby once again more aware while dreaming than people that develop a standard sleeping routine.

… myself…I believe children are better at all these things because they have not yet had the overwhelming influence of society telling them their perceptions are wrong, evil, imagined , etc. I used to LD, OBE, and do a lot of precog predictions as a child …until my mother tried to intill in me it was the work of the devil - at which point I conciously blocked it out.
I am in my late 20’s and rediscovering it all with my adult rational mind. My mum has begged me not to have anything to do with LD’s, OBE, AP, etc - but I wont let her influence me this time. So dont let anyone else define your reality…if you have got it …GO WITH IT !!! They are the one’s who are missing out !!!

my mom thinks this LD stuff is a bunch of BS… i’m only 15… she has a lot of influence over me… so i’ll just try quietly but im really starting to doubt if i ever can do it or if this is a really really big international hoax

hey most of you adults are doing better than me. I guess it’s because i’ve got a lot of stress on me right now

Be sure it’s not a hoax! Even the most skeptical organisations have recognized the fact that LDing exists and can be learned.

Maybe this is one of the big reasons why there are much more younger people LDing, the adult world sees it as something childish. The open mind seems to narrow with age :sad:

Well, I think its mostly a personal thing. I am 14 and have only had 1 (possible) LD after about a month of trying.

My dad and mom thinks lucid dreaming is STUPID. When I used to go to www.sleeps.com for an old forum based on dream interpretation, my parents tried to stop me from going there… but they couldn’t stop me from dreaming. I always remembered my dream since I was a baby… I never wanted to stop remembering my dream because it was basically my 2nd life… a perfect life to escape. Then eventually they give up except that they used to have time limit on dreaming. Then when I joined here… my parents let me surf on whatever I want (sometimes they complain that I spend a lot of time on this forum) and now I’m 18… at dorm with my computer… no restrictions. :grin: I’m so happy. :grin:

It doesn’t mean that I’ll spend on this forum 24/7 though. :wink:

Parents can be so closed-minded sometimes. I think it is probably down to the fact that they simply don’t understand about lucid dreaming, and also don’t want to.
When I was growing up, dreams etc. were thought of as being linked to superstitions etc. My parents, though not closed minded, did tell me to ‘be careful’.
I still get strange looks from some people when I mention my dreams.

With dreams, there is so much still to learn, and there are many ‘uneducated’ people when it comes to dreams.

what? your parents try to stop you from reading about dreaming…why?

also as to why children more easely have LDs i’m with Tripper, but also Atheist mentioned some intresting things i havnt thought of, thanks! : )

Sleepyhead… sad, but very true. We mostly live in western society now. Western society isn’t exactly an open minded society like eastern society does. I often try to ask my parents if they remember their dreams, but they say that they never do. They act like dreaming doesn’t even exist which is sad.

We all dream, no matter what (even if we don’t remember any of it). If we don’t dream… well… we will be messed up. You cannot live without REM cycle. It is essential to your life force.

Many people fail to realize that.

:bored:

I’m I to late to post?!

The reason adults find Lucid dreaming harder to learn is because they are not in a learning envioroment all the time. But children are so the brain is ready to learn. After adolesence the neoropathways (sp?) become set and learning becomes harder. The same topic would have to be repeated three times to an adult but only twice to a child, for example.

Sorry, I couldn’t help my self with the techno stuff. :content:

Technodreamer

Well thats 1000$ question!
Why are the adults so blind?

I m afraid the answer is quite simple:
Its not about situations that made the so tired of theyr life
its all about theyr minds
Adults cant be less that logic.Logic makes them blind.Thats how they will always be.Tell me a name of a 90 years old human that believes in aliens …(Is there except Agencies employes ?)
Im sorry i cant handle english language well but thats what happens when you live in other country.
Today i ll try LD! I was used 2 when i was smaller.Now i m 16 i ll find my way home :wink: wish me luck.

Once a friend said Open Minds Are Better Minds…

Dream Well !!

Trully yours John.ZZZZZZzzzZZ :eek:

Hmmm I’m 14 and it took me about 3 months to have my first lucid dream, so I really don’t think age matters…I guess it just depends on if you really wanna take the time to do this, or the techniques you use, or if you’re just a natural lucid dreamer… :neutral:

I’m 14 as well and I found this site about a year ago. It also took me about three days to have my first LD (very short, though)

sigh it is sad. :sad: I don’t blame my parents, though, they’re pretty cool about this stuff. My mom sometimes mentions her dreams. When I have kids, I’ll teach them about lucid dreams and obes and psychic powers and cool stuff like that.

It may be that for adults dreams are connected with psychoanalysis and crazy people. They think that dreams are only good for fixing mental problems. In other words you have to be crazy to talk about dreams. :cool_laugh:

Good Point Dust. I mentioned some of this stuff to my dad last week and he immediately said “don’t mess around with it, you’ll end up going crazy”.

Where that perception comes from I am not sure but on further questioning it was blatantly obvious that he in his late 50’s has spontaneous LD’s himself but does not acknowledge or label them, and did not like it when I did it for him.

I guess denial will save his sanity…lol…but my acknowledgement has doomed me …go figure…lol… :smile:

I just found this site a couple days ago and i think its great. I still havent had an LD but im hopeful i will before too long. This site has had some great advice on how to get started and im very glad the forum is finally back up.

Theres definately something wrong with our society. When will people learn that people that are “insane” may have a bit more sanity then the rest of us…sighs…they’re the ones that have different views on things. sighs Oh well not much you can do about it. People should at least be a bit more accepting of ideas that arent considered normal. Just a little more open mindedness about things like LD’s would do us all a lot of good.

Hm…I think I’ve convenientally forgotten to tell anyone anything about my current project. :content:
I’ve had one kind-of-sort-of LD…then lost it pretty quick. :confused:
Anyway, I always just thought adults were a li’l more stuck in their ways and not as open-minded…
I didn’t even really know you could until a while ago, but it seems perfectly rational to me…Many people have done it, after all.
Um…Yeah.
Hurrah for LDs!

i think its cause most adults arent open minded and because they “don’t dream anymore” and have forgotten the value of them.

Erm, I feel that perhaps I am am a bit older than most of you, and also a parent myself. As with most parents, I intend not to be like mine!! I do disucss my dreams with my six-year-old and she has managed to have a lucid dream very easily. :content:

I came to this forum when it started in its current format and taught myself to Lucid dream. It took about six months between my first and second LDs, but they have been flowing pretty easilyish since then.
I have always tried to keep an open mind and I am an avid reader of fiction (which I think helps a lot).
I am also in a learning environment - programming - where I am learning new stuff all the time.

So I may be more than double the age of some contributors here (sounds really bad when I put it like that :eek: ), but that is only my body - not my mind :content:

Like most people have been saying, children’s minds are not yet distorted by the logical western way of thinking. As we become older we think of what, when we were children, was amazing and weird to us as becoming mundane and ordinary. The mind narrows as things are shown to us over and over again. Just because we have never seen something before, it doesn’t mean it is impossible.

I have recently been reading The Meditators Handbook by David Fontana (anybody else read it?) in which he says that to open our minds we must regain the endless imagination we all had as children, relearn the openmindedness that we have forgoten over the years.

This book has helped me to be more open about religions, life and death etc. and also that all the stuff I thought was occultist BS is becoming more and more believable to me.

The book also says that in shamanistic traditions an apprentice would be initiated before puberty so that (s)he still has an open mind about life. No wonder children are better LDers, their minds have not been moulded by society and new things are “exciting” and not “scary” / “work of the devil” or whatever.

As for parents, my mum is one of the most openminded adults I know. I have talked to her about LDing and she has said that she can LD sometimes too. :cool: The word DUUUUUDE springs to mind

P.S. Sleepyhead, that is so cool that you have taught your daughter to LD already!! Hopefully she will keep her open mind as she grows up.

WHOO! go lucid dreaming! this forum rocks! :alien: