Radio Dreams

Yesterday, I had an odd thing happen. The radio alarm went of as usual just after 6.30am :sleeping: Yawn yawn!
I half woke up as my husband got ready for work and then drifted back off to sleep.
The next thing I knew I was having a dream which was showing pictures to accompany a news story as it happened on the radio - wierd or what? :eh:

Were the pitures of the same news story that was on the radio in real life or did you dream of a radio saying a story and the pictures were for that?

Either way you are like me. about 90% of my dreams are related to what has just happened in my life or what i’ve been thinking about. the other 10% are just new to me and sometimes very weird. Are you like this too?

I think that everyone has like this, just that for many, it’s more “hidden” what the dreams are really about.

Alex - the radio was on and I was listening to a ‘live’ broadcast - I know that it is real because I heard the story on the news an hour later.
The dream was actually depicting what I was listening to.

Yes, I dream a lot about stuff which I have seen/heard/read about in the day and I can see it reflected in my dreams.

Hi sleepyhead i had the same thing…found it interesting at the time…
only means there is an interesting link between our subconsciousness and hearing sound.

grtz,

Jeff

Yes, certainly something interesting going on here. I have noticed that sound is normally the last sense to go when I am falling asleep and it is also the thing most likely to wake me up (apart from someone chucking a bucket of cold water over me, of course!!).

This has happened to me before. Only once but recently. The radio was on. No music just people talking. In my dream the talking from the radio was being acted out by my dream characters. Like they were actually saying it. Only after I woke up did I realize that what my dream characters were saying was actually coming from the radio. For me it was sorta weird. I’ve heard music from the radio in a dream I had a very long time ago. It was right before I was about to wake up. I was running a marathon and I just started hearing music. I then woke up soon after and heard the song coming from the radio.

:smile: Maybe we can do sometime a radio or sound recording experiment to induce lucid dreams but then with a new perspective to it, dont know what…well just a thought…most of these experiments where done only for weeks or a few month but what would happen if you woud do them for a longer time…ofcourse connected to a device like a nova dreamer…so it has more chance to induce a ld…And also very important, what are the frequencies of sound, that the subconsciousness reacts most on…low frequencies, medium or high…should make a difference!

Oh well…just a thought to think about…

Lucid dreams…

Jeff

Jeff, I would exepct that the reaction to sound has less to do with frequency and more the patterns in the sounds.