WILD or OOBE happens all the time, which one is it?

So, ive gotten the technique down to induce wylds at least 50% of the time! :cool_laugh: yay! However, im not sure if im oobeing or if im dreaming.
This is what happens. Im laying in my bed in the morning. I start to feel vibrations. So, i roll out of my body, sometimes i sit up or sometimes i float out. I keep my eyes closed while doing this. Okay so then i get out of my body and open my eyes. Im in my room, its morning. Things look the same, but a little distorted. Most everything around the house is normal, however, I will come across many things that i would not normally see. Such as apes in the backyard. Also the sun sometimes is in the western sky when it should be in the eastern. Also i will sometimes end up talking to people in the living room that are in another state compeletly about wierd subjects. So am i dreamin6? or am in oobeing? is it possible to do both at the same time? What the hells going on?

peace

Well, the line between them is blurred, and being a scientist even LaBerge thinks OOBEs are just a particular type of hypnagogic hallucination and/or dream (depending on the case).

Even major OBE practitioners will admit it’s possible to have a “fake” OBE by dreaming about it - if you manage to observe something that you couldn’t have without being awake to see it (remote viewing), then that’s a reason to believe it’s a real OBE. In my case, though, I don’t think there even is such thing as a real one.

There are a variety of psychological reasons why OOBEs (false ones, as I think they are) exist (mostly due to the mental edifice of the ego being attached to the body dissolving as your body goes numb) and I don’t think a metaphysical explanation is needed.

your having a regular OOBE…if you come across these wacked out things, it’s probably just a thought-form…and they can appear on the astral plane, just as well as the mental, but less often.

A dream and a OOBE are just the same, but a line is drawn from when you actually feel the sensations for yourself consciously…instead of just slipping into laa laa land unconsciously.
your in the astral plane notherless and your experiencing a different body(astral) … so you ARE dreaming, but it’s just a term for the overall experience your going through.

Apes in the backyard…ehm sounds to me like a dream…so you are good at wild! Congratulations…50% succes rate with wild is good! Better then most here i am sure.

I have a very basic testing to know if its a obe or a dream.
Just pick up your body double you c laying sleeping in bed…or levitate it.
then move it to another room and then wake up.
I did this several times with my body in bed that was sleeping lol i levitated it and throwed it out of the window into the garden…then i woke up in my bed and not in the garden. In a real obe you cant do that with your body that sleeps in bed or with other things like levitating cars in the street or so…in a dream you can.
I think there for that many ppl who have obe’s actually have lds.
I dont say all, just many!

Jeff

Another thought. It’s possible that when you leave your body and you are still in your room that you are experiencing an OBE. But when you leave your room you shift to different levels of awareness and are not necessarily in the same reality as your body. I think the levitation test is a great one and should prove interesting.

I would suggest paying particular attention as you move from one room to another or go outside. See if there is a continuity in your actions or if there is a blank spot in your recall.

What ever it is, you are definitely doing something very right. Congratulations!!!

thanks for the advice guys. Jeff, i will definetly try that test that sounds like it should work good. However, what if my body isn’t lying in bed?

And being, even a scientist, Dr. LaBerge believes (has said) that our waking reality is just another dream, another dream in which we are all connected, at the same level of consciousness. Sharing the view with the Tibetian Monks, that all dreams, OOBEs, and waking consciousness experiances are just hallucinations, i.e. dreams. Today, the science of quantum physics supports these ideas. We, live in a hallowgraphic matrix in which every partical also acts as a wave.

Don’t worry if you do not see your body. They say that your experiance in the astral planes has a lot to do with your “vibrational energy”. The higher your energy vibration, the higher the plane you experience. Also, I think it’s your etheral body, they call it that is most closest to your physical body’s vibrations. Maybe someone who has undergone an OOBE and no longer sees things as they would be in reality, and wants too, or maybe even a DILD, might try to will themselves to experience things at that level. Each night that you dream, you undergo some type of OOBE, I think weather consciously or not. It’s a matter of taking your conscious self with you or finding your conscious self after you have left your body, in a dream.
Two Dream Induced OOBEs:
First one, lucid dream induced, my first OOBE. After a long war drama dream in which a friend and I killed another friend at the top of this building in NY. This made me very upset, crazy, crazy, I saw my dead friend and thought he was a ghoust. The window was right there, and I was just going to end all the madness. For one moment I thought it might be a dream. But my emotions were so incredibly intense with this guilt and I was was just going to jump, either way… So I ran and jumped towards the window and noticed that I jumped much higher than I really could. (This is a great reality check for me, for in my dreams this always happens when I jump. and I jump really high and it feels like a rollercoaster coming down.) So I crashed through the widow and became totally lucid, but still so down with my emotions I just wanted to fall, and fall and fall I did, until I came five feet from the ground, I stopped myself in mid air. I turned and waived to my friend who was at the top of the tall building somewhere. Then something crazy happened in an instant. In a lucid dream I have always been able to control my actions and have never had such an uncontrolable force on my body before. like a bouncing ball, I was rocketed up into the air at such a speed. I just new that i was going to leave my body, it wasn’t even up to me. It felt so unbeleaveably natural as i twisted out and went threw this black dark vourtex that had a sortof grid type lining of energy to it. There was nothing… Peacefulness, nothing. Shocked by the experience I woke up.

The second, non lucidity induced, false awakenings, OOBE:
A week later I wake up in my bed and the clock says 3:30 or so and think how nice it would be to have another OOBE. But being, too lazy, I fall back to sleep. I then woke up in my bed from when I was a kid. I woke up in my parents bed. I woke up in my old bed back in Portland. I then woke up in this huge bed in a huge loft type very high ceiling atmosphere. I thought that I would then try to have an OOBE. I was not lucid. I went threw all the steps and projected. This is where people would say that it was a dream and not an OOBE. I would say this too, except what happened was I left my body by floating out of it. The ceiling was so high. But I was restricted, I could go about 3 feet above my body. I could see the dream bedroom’s ceiling and it was far above me, but I could crawl accross this invisible ceiling until I hit another invisible barier and had to puch my way threw it. and threw it I was out of the building onto the streets, in a more dreamlike enviroment. After I woke up, the clock said about 2:10, the first awakening was accually false too. I sleep in this cave type structure that I built in my studio so i could have a bed away from window morning light, under my desk. Some say that you can pass threw walls and stuf in the astral, but you have to push a little harder due to the thick vibrations. I think it was this stucture that hindered the movement of my astral body, as I was percieving this dream world. Of course, after I projected, I became lucid.
I think that the “hallucinations” in some OOBEs may be a result of being in REM, or more of a dream state. I imagine using the WBTB method for astral projection will produce an experience more typical to a lucid dream, rather than the steriotypical OOBE.

I’d just like the provide the most reasonable explanation for not only this but all OBE’s: OBE’s and WILD’s are the same thing!!! When one consciously enters the dream state, there is a direct transition wherein the dreamer enters directly from where they were meditating or lying. Therefore, they still believe they are lying in bed for instance, and this provides a logical setting and starting point for a dream. (and by the way, about that body test, throwing out the window and such, NOBODY has ever proven that they could move an object or anything in an “OBE”, so therefore they are all dreams)

Right on spot, Topher28.
It’s good to know there are still some sensible people around.

Amidreamin6 when you dont c you body sleeping in your bed…ehm…then its a dream anyway…but ok then still the levitation test will work…i did that with cars or any other object…can even be little objects…in an obe you couldnt do that…letting in the real world things float…else we would have a BIG problem. I tested it also with cars in my street, let them all levitate and then put them back upside down, when i woke up all cars in the street where just plain normal standing up. And in that dream i had a body double of me sleeping in my bed and it was awsome detailed, not like a normal dream. Still in the end it showed it had been one.
What i always find strange is that many ppl who claim to have an obe never meet the afterlive ppl…while your in their world…the astral plane!
Often ppl with obe’s dont even meet anyone out there lol…isnt that a bit strange guys? With an obe you have proven life goes on…but you dont meet ppl from the afterlive? Well, many dont! Thats why i find testing so important…not with hidden numbers…that could still be telepahty! Or remote viewing!
But with testing if its a dream or not. Thats why i thought of the levitation test. Also association good work as a test. Maybe some ppl find that all a bit critical lol…but I am an explorer and so i like to look at things from more then one angle. Thats why i also say many and not all obe experiencing ppl have dreams.

Jeff