Anyone got any ideas what this recurring theme could mean?

In my dreams I often have a theme of battle. Whether I am A fighter pilot taking on an airforce a video game hero taking on a relentless pursuer (I think metroid went to the head on that one), or a Knight in a Sword Duel, I seem to keep having dreams that involve me in a battle with another entity. I think that maybe I’m trying to battle a part of myself, or defeat a fear, but I don’t know. Anyone got any thoughtful insights? The battles always seem to be in dark surroundings, like a void or an abandoned space station (like I said, too much metroid >.>)

Maybe you’re struggling with life? Do you have any problems ? Think hard…You’re fighting something…fighting…you’re still fighting…that means you got enough self-esteem & pride left to fight…you won’#t let your problems overtake your soul…your’re focusing on your problems…nothing else matters…that’s why your “battle sorroundings” are always black…meaningless…you’re trying uit very hard to “win the fight”…intentionally? I don’t know…maybe it’s a part of yourself…or a memory you want to get rid of…an uncertain emotion you don’t want to take place in your life…

What’s happening with you at the moment…look into yourself…look deep…

…stay focused…

In the battles do you usually win or lose? that can be an important factor.

The battles don’t end. They just seem eternal. Neither the entity of my dreams, or myself end up victorious. We just keep fighting and fighting and fighting. I guess it’s as if I’m trying not to succumb to something. I seem to fight quite fiercly, at least my stubbornness is intact :wink: . I guess I haven’t been very happy lately for a variety of factors, maybe my subconcious is trying to resist me falling into a really deep form of depression?

I dont believe in any dream interpretations,and if any ,only those done by the dreamer himself.
But (u might know that allready)reocurring stuff is very,very helpfull if it comes to lding.Just let your brain associate all this battle/fighting stuff with dreaming.
Say out loud few times "next time im fighting someone/something ill know its a dream,im dreaming if im fighting"etc.Same thing goes for all MILD variables-just keep letting yourself know about that dream sign.
good luck:)

That’s a good idea.

Anyway, I had another one of these fighting dreams. I was having a boxing match in the void area, against a rather mean looking black guy. Anyway, I actually lost this fight and was knocked over. Then there was the creepy bit. The opponent turned into that black hooded entity we all know of. It laughed a soul-less and tormenting laugh and then faded away into obscurity. :blush: The dream wasn’t lucid either.

I’m thinking I was defeated by a mental block or something. :confused:

Xenesis > are you in good health? Call it a weird assumption but i have a feeling you are going to be struck down by a minor illness (probably the flu) Our body monitors us at all times and knows when we are going to fall ill, it could simply be a warning that you are going to be a little ill. happened to me a few times i get warnings that i will start to feel ill, and within 2 days i have a cold :sad:

as for the fighting dreams all the time, i really don’t know. That’s something you will have to ask, next time you are in one and lucid enough to ask a question ask why you are always fighting and what you are battling. Thing is i have a strange feeling you aren’t going to have another one of these dreams for some time.

Weird, I’ve been in the best health I’ve been in a long time.

I’d ask the entity, but I haven’t had the chance to be lucid yet. :sad:

well that would make sense since death generally symbolises an end.

Oh yeah. Duh.

Hmm…this theme took a strange turn. Here’s a copy of today’s dream diary entry.

17/7
Continuation from last fighting dream, where I had just been defeated. I got back up and then the entity appeared. I then started fighting it, but it was as the shadow figure. I was beating it with IMMENSE, earth shaking strength again and again and again. It could barely fight back. But it kept taking blow after blow after blow. Was still in a black void although now I seemed to have some kind of spotlight, aura or something around me. The shadow figure then laughed at me again in it’s soul-less way and said ‘You will never defeat me!’ It then started hovering and circling around me, so I couldn’t hit it. I then started hovering, and then I used a whirlwind esque spinning attack. I missed. After which, I felt fatigued. It laughed at me again and faded away. Again.

It seems I am not willing to accept defeat :smile:

Uh, this might be dissapointing if you were hoping to get some meaningful interpretation to your dream, but. . . do you play a lot of videogames? Or maybe you just like the idea of being a hero, fighting against a bad guy. Or both.

Yeah, I do play them a bit. But they are usually strategy games, not really fighting games and stuff. Maybe I do like the idea of being the good guy. Doesn’t really suit me though.