time competition!

hi kat
sure we cant exactly say how long . but i think my longest LDs were not longer that 20 min. my longest LD still is my first ld . i never reach to the clearity and control (and pain in my abdoman)in my first lucid dream.

and tankx for your replay . give me some confidence :content:

Well, my longest one is 0 seconds. Hopefully I will rectify that sometime soon.

you will , do RC , be calm , keep LDing allways in mind

good luck .maybe tonight you make it :smile:

Mine is about a half-hour. Though tonight I’ll have a long one. :grin:

I think my longest was only about three minutes, but then I cynically believe that everyone else overestimates the length of their LDs.

15-20 minutes in real time but in LD time it was like 2 or 3 days. It wasn’t a linear LD but a bunch of bits and pieces of one big story. It was nice though :smile:

just under an hour

and i can kjeep track my watch keeps the right time in my dreams or so do many clocks :smile:

Richard

I guessing my longest one was three minutes tops.However,most of them felt longer.

Longest one in dream’s time: Lifetime (seriously!!! There’s horrible side effect… I miss my dream friends and family. It’s like I really know them as if I lived my whole life in my dream and I was lucid… so vivid… wow).

Freeze in time: Done that
Rewind the time: Done that
Forward the time: Done that

I just love to control time in dream :wink: It’s rare for me to have a lifetime dream… especially when I become lucid… but when I do… I enjoy it very much. :grin:

In june 2002 I had a crazy succession of LDs/OBE’s the night after I saw the movie Waking Life. It lasted at least 20 minutes “in real time”, may be more… difficult to give the exact length because there is the factor subjectivity. Though never beat that even in my WBTB-period at the end of 2000.

In one of my first LDs I did the freeze thing. Pretty cool because it worked immediately. Never tried stuff like that again.

I would say about an hour or so,maybe longer. No real way to know.
In my dream I had it go on for so long that I thought I would never wake up and be stuck in my dreams forever. It was so long I really lost track of how long it was. If I had to guess I would say years or so.

do you use a technic for stablizing vision for a long time?
actually when i become lucid i need to act fast to save my time and do what i want befor i wake up.
i think sometimes that my problem is i believe that i must use my time as efficient as i can,so this effect my ld time.
when u become lucid you try to use your time better(any idea you have) or you prefer to explore the area first?

being lucid for a year … i like it tooooo much :cool_laugh:

Hehe. I update mine!

I’ve had about 10 seconds of really low level lucidity. It’s a step in the right direction, YEAH!

the longest LD that i was fully lucid all the way, feelt like 20mins or so…
The longest low level ld, where i slipped in out of lucidity all the time… was hours long.

Would be really amazing to have a lucid dream that last for days.

DM7- a lifetime dream, that sounds amazing. How did u do it or was it by accident? When you woke up did the day before’s memories seem distant?

I’ve been planning to try a time experiment in my next LD for a while, something like saying “When I walk through this door, it will seem like I am dreaming for a week but it will only be 15 minutes real time” and then walking through the door. Anyway I hope that will work.

It was by accident actually. :smile: And yes when I wake up… I feel like I’m dreaming and that my lifetime dream was really my lifetime experience/memory. I can get distorted easily sometimes. But after few lifetime dreams, I learned how to tell them apart when I wake up so I won’t have false memory that get confused with my real memory. You know what I’m saying?

And nice experiment idea… it won’t hurt to try. Good luck dreamer! :grin:

Lieve dromen (sweet dreams!) :wiske:

It seemed about 40 minutes, I explored a city, going further and
further down into it’s subterranean depths, creepy!

I find the idea of dream time being relative very interesting, it means that during the death process you could spend a very long time in either heaven or hell and still have the release of non-existence.:devil:

I’ve had a few of those lifetime dreams throughout the years, but none of them were lucid. They weren’t an entire lifetime either, they made jumps.
Like I would be a kid again and have an adventure, then I would be a teenager, then a man, then a old man and when I died I woke up. Each segment was connected and had a story line, and you when you wake up you miss your DCs badly. I think this could make a good topic, but I have to run.

DM7 - thanks for the reply, I’ve started the experiment off in the labratory.

So it sounds as if a lifetime dream could have some drawbacks, if you were lucid the whole time though, it would be great.

My longest LD was about 5 minutes I was trying to fly but never could do more than hop lol

Its so hard to tell time when lucid. Probably 15 minutes max. (i have only had one lucid dream) :wink: