Why would anyone WANT to have an OOBE?

its sounds kind of creepy tome… :confused:

Among other things, self-discovery… It’s like, why would anyone want to go on a rollercoaster? It’s scary, but that’s partly why people do it.

Be able to meet the dead, touch the akashic records, see real world cities and spy on people. Plus it has healing uses too.

Plus, astral sex is like an advanced form of masturbation :happy:

Bonovox1976 > why do people chose to have lucid dreams? Go on Rollercoasters? do anything that is different, exciting and scary?

for the experience.

btw your avatar is way too big.

To be honest, I’m more interested in learning how to induce OOBE’s than LD’s. Then again, I’m a long way off of inducing either. :sad:

Xenesis, saddle up and ride smoothly, it will come in time… :razz:
But seriously, take it slow and you’ll notice certain times at night when you have a set mind, and that you won’t try too hard, but really give it a go for all you’ve got, curiousity killed the cat, but it’ll never kill you.

Try to let go, and just concentrate on the blackness that is underneath your eyelids, dont count your breaths, just, tune your breaths into a pattern that you see fit…and take a few deep breaths before doing so, with each in there’s energy, with each out, theres EXTREME relaxation.

Soon the blackness will turn into dancing little light patterns and so forth, whatever you do, keep your mind focused on these images and try not to let your mind stray from the initial intention…but keep it clear, of worries and such, you know… the usual :wink:

and yeah, sooner or later you’ll go, holy shit, i can see my room, my eyes are closed though …Right?..damn straight they’re closed.

feel, move, think about moving your legs, think about walking…feel yourself walking, without actually physically doing the task.
the blackness may stay, and you will be in a so called “Void”… which as DM7 mentioned, are peaceful to say the least, the “void” is just a subchannel…a frequency inbetween the planes, that you need to learn how to channel, just like a radio station.

I’ll have to try that. I might actually be able to fall asleep within a normal timeframe (IE. Less than 2 hours)

Wait, You’re from Adelaide, Rush?
Hi, I live here too!

Edit:Damn tags aren’t working, something checked my disable code thingy without asking me. :sad:

hmm Adelaide Rush? i’m not familiar with that reigion… hehe, im from umm how do i put this?
The country next to yours :wink:
which would be New Zealand, and oh what a cold New Zealand it is at the moment! what, with the sub 0 degree temperatures and all, waking up in the morning to see a thick layer of foggy ice-mist and ice-sheets forming on the car and windows… not to mention my entire back yard.

It’s home notherless.

You can’t fall asleep within 2 hours? damn, that must be agitating(spelling) well, for me i cant seem to fall asleep fast but im still out before i know it.

No, I was referring to rush. He lives in the same city as me apparently.

As for my falling asleep, occasionally I get lucky and fall asleep in an hour or less, but usually it’s about 1 1/2-2+ hours. I’m very jealous of those who fall asleep easily. :bored:

dont be, its as much of a curse as a blessing to be able to fall asleep fast, it results in lower rem-time :sad: not good for dreaming at all.
i know because i use to fall asleep after 5-10 minutes…

It’ll let you do WBTB a heck of a lot easier than I do, which has proven to be one of the most effective methods of inducing lucid dreams. If I wake during the night and try to go back to bed, it’s harder than when I initially go to sleep, so often I can end up lying there for 3 to 4 hours. :scream: . I have to rely on MILD and having a sleeping period of 9-10 hours if I want to have a shot at this. Lying in bed for 2-3 hours trying to get to sleep isn’t fun at all. :crying:

hmm ok i might take that back Xenesis, your case might be abit extreme :sad: