My god, I am jealous...

I just found out that one of my friends has lucid dreams. That may not sound impressive, but listen to this. EVERY dream he has is lucid, as in he didn’t know what non-lucid dreams are like…

I’ve heard of natural lucidity, but this is ridiculous. Maybe it’s because he doesn’t need sleep? (He has a conditions which means he doesn’t need to sleep but does about once every 4-5 days)

Once every 4-5 days? Well then we poor non-naturals have more opportunities to dream lucid :grin:

And this guy has no problems at all as a consequence of his strange biorythm? Do you know more about his condition, does it has a name? I like to look it up on the web because it’s fun to read about bizarre sleep patterns or strange sleep diseases.

Well, he doesn’t have to sleep much. He can sleep whenever he wants and He’ll get lucid dreams. Don’t know what the condition is, just that he doesn’t actually need to sleep. As in he doesn’t get tired. He seems to not sleep for 4-5 days regularly though. He sleeps at least once a week so he doesn’t collapse from physical exhaustion.

Anyway I asked him about it a bit more. He says that when he sleeps he sometimes either is Mentally awake throughout his whole sleep cycle or he falls unconcious until he awakes in a dream.

He’s kept a dream diary, etc. for a while it seems. He’s had lucids for as long as he can remember.

Last time I asked, he had 3 lucids two nights ago. :eh:

Are you sure he’s not an android?
I’ve never heard of a condition like that but I used to have a friend who thought she didn’t need to sleep and then after a while she had a nevous breakdown.

Not too long ago I read (can’t quite remember where sorry) that theres a chemical that lets us wake up. Its released to make up wake up so if we didn’t have it, we’d always be asleep. So maybe he has a continuous supply of that chemical or something?

There’s nothing to be jealous about. Naturals seem to take the ability for granted, and don’t feel the same sense of reward as those of us who actually work for it.

Well, that’s just my way of feeling better about it. :content:

^^^ yeah, i agree… it’s just like someone who was born rich vs someone who was dirt poor and worked hard for his money. rich people don’t know what do do w/ their money.

that being said, i wish i was rich, i’ve been poor long enough :sad:

By the sounds on it he isn’t sleeping at all, it sounds like he maybe inducing a meditative state and slipping in to dream from there. Either way he is very lucky, give or take the fact that it must be really boring being awake all the time.

How true. How very true.

on the topic of jealousy.

Ive been trying to LD for a little over two weeks. My diary is getting nice and filled, my dominant dream signs show up. No luck. I just never get sensible enough to question anything in a dream. Its as if my brain doesnt work and only my body does.

My friend on the other hand, started having lucid dreams. He takes them for granted, doesnt work for it at all, and seems to always be logical enough to realize he’s dreaming. He is one of those @$$holy people who take pleasure in making people feel bad.

It’s not fair :sad: :sad: :sad:

i dont know how would it feel to take it for granted but the point here is he gets lds everynight.If hes not interested in it too much then fine.But i dont see how one cant be jealous of having such a skill and opportunities.
Some people are very skilled at maths.Some of them dont need or use it at all (take for granted you might say) but those who are interested in growing their skills thank god that they are gifted cuz thx to it they have it all much easier.
and only masochists like to have it hard way:)

I agree with you… I’m natural LDer and I took it for grant sometimes. If you work hard for it then you know how to really use it.

Just like money… if you take it for granted… well… umm you don’t really know how to manage your money situations as well as you do when you’re poor. Like someone mentioned. :smile:

Don’t take anything for granted… even your natural abilities! That’s my best advice that I can give you.

Happy Lucid Trip! :grin:

I know someone that has LDs naturally.I’ve asked him to go to this site,but he has always refused because he doesn’t go online. :eek:

I’m pretty sure he takes his ability for granted.