where should i go from here?

about a year ago i began actively pursuing lucidity. i tried many tactics, and had limited success. i lost interest in the spring, and now that i’ve graduated and have lots of free time to spend on LD, i’d like to start on it again. here’s a summary of my “journey”:

-i tried reality checks and had no success. i drew an L on my hand so i would RC every time i saw it, and i did RC a lot but never once in a dream.
-i tried wild a few times, to radiohead’s Kid A and at the drive-in’s relationship of command, my two favorite albums at that time. i tried this some at night, some in the afternoon.
-i began the SUNEYE technique #1, and had my first lucid dream! the odd thing is, i had the dream before i could finish the technique (it involves severing your sleep) so i recorded it and ended it early.
-i kept a dream journal diligently for months. this improved my dream recall somewhat, but it’s still quite lacking.
-i have had a few almost-obes in the mornings, in which i recognize the duality of my consciousness, and arise in a dream-body in a dream-world. these never last more than a few seconds. sometimes i’m just able to “see through closed eye-lids”
-since i stopped actively pursuing lucidity, i’ve had many fun dreams in which i achieve a limited lucidity. in these, i usually believe i am in a video game and i have limited powers, usually including flight.

so any ideas? where should i go from here? my ultimate goal for lucid dreaming is using it as an enhancement for creativity.

i’d say continue where you left off :smile: sounds you where making progress.

and try not to put your will in it too much, try to let go and let it happen. The more you want it the harder it will be.

Hey, somewhere here is a pattern !
I have almost the same history with you, and i ALSO see i m in a video game, or I play some coin-op and then I enter its world, though my lucidity is limited!
I also have OBEs in the morning every now and then, but I experience something liquid inside me trying to move out of me. I also experience a sense of anger in that thing trying to come out. Sort of like a beast or a freaky monster in a horror movie…
I , too , have quited for a while.
What I see now ,is that I get experiences only when I actively want it and pursuit.

Yesterday,for example, (this has worked many times in the past , too) I meditated for about 20 minutes (nothing much, just sat on my bed and eased my mind) , I focused on the thought that I wanted to gain lucidity next time I would be dreaming, and then slept for one and a half hour. I woke up at 11 at night, and then slept again at about 2 in the morning. During the first sleep cycle I had a lucid dream. Though it was kind of short (just like all the ones in the past- 5-10secs)
So it’s a matter of pursuing it. Not just wanting it a bit. REALLY thinking you want to do it. All the other times, I would just lay in my bed before I went to sleep and tried to meditate on the thought, but I would always fall asleep and nothing would happen…

WBTB! :sleeping: :smile: :zzzz:

also, my dream recall is atrocious… i have reason to suspect i’m still ld’ing, just not remembering any of it! during a long stretch where i didn’t remember any of my dreams, i was walking down a parking lot one day and noticed a license plate that looked odd. then, i had a flash of insight in which i realized that i had had a lucid dream some time ago in which a license plate triggered lucidity! that was all i remembered of the dream, but i thought to myself: how many lucid dreams have i had, lost forever to my memory?

Freaky! :smile: the moment I read “-since i stopped actively pursuing lucidity, i’ve had many fun dreams in which i achieve a limited lucidity.” from your first post,
I remembered I had a LD last night, which was very real and vivid.
I then suspected you may be having many LDs but forgetting them, and then I read your most recent post. :tongue:

Keep up with your dream journal, and maybe try to visit the forum soon after waking to see if anything triggers memories of LDs.