Driving Dreams

well in dreams where cars are “normal” my driving is brilliant (usually being chased by the cops after stealin a few vids from Blockbuster - lets not talk about the violence hehe)

I had one recently where I was lost, and it was midnight or something. I was on a motorway, but I didn’t have any pedals. So I somehow got the idea that they were in the passenger seat, so with great difficulty, I unstrapped my belt, moved into the passenger seat, and strapped myself in, all while keeping at least one hand on the wheel. Tricky. Anyway, I could sort of drive like that, but then this woman shouted at me for not driving properly or something, so I moved back to my original position, and found there had actually been pedals there all along. :eek:

well i dunno. I don’t think its cuz im scared of driving test or cars, i love driving and im too young to even be worrying about taking a drivers test. Usually my only concern in the dreams is getting in trouble. IN fact, i don’t really remember there being other cars on the road. Anyway, my dreams usually just involove my swerving wildly all over the road
btw, check out my shared dream in the “big shared dreams” topic its pretty cool :tongue:
SweetDreamer

i’ve had quite a few driving dreams lately, mainly because i recently got my licence. In the non-lucid dreams, almost every time, something goes wrong, either the brakes dont work, or i crash the car, or when i park the car and get out, the car starts rolling forward. its all very frustrating, but i guess it could be used as a dream sign.

in a lucid dream i had, i wanted to drive a fast car, but when i hopped into the car, there was no gearstick and only one massive pedal, which i figured would be the ‘GO’ pedal. boy was i right :smile:

I’ve never really had the “driving” dream, but I used to always have these bicycle dreams.

I’d be riding the bike down my driveway and I couldn’t keep it straight up. It wouldn’t actually fall over but I couldn’t ride with it straight up, it would be leaning to the right kind of like / and then I would try to lean it left and it would get stuck like \ …

Those were really strange dreams… :content:

When i was a kid i used to have a reoccuring dream that my parents had me drive the car. I always drowe poorly but made it home, scared. Definetly a nightmare.

Lately my driving dreams are often of me racing with other cars. Althought i don’t have a license yet i don’t get frightened anymore. I enjoy driving in real life, just havn’t got the time to practice for a license.

I’ve had my license for a year and have only had one driving dream. It was just before I went lucid too. It was raining, slippery, and dangerous out. And I was going way over the speed limit, dodging cars and somehow ramping over some, and loving every minute of it. I’m normally very careful and paranoid when I drive so maybe that was just some kinda outlet from that.

mh, maybe it’s like someone who is too young for it they get those dreams because it’s exciting? Just a guess.
I remember i had driving dreams when i was about 10 or 12 years old. I was always alone at the road and had no door at my left side. The cars in my dreams where always as if they’re from a … how do you say that … carbelt? I don’t know the exactly word for it.
But i know that my driving dreams were always in a surround as if there had been a war. There were no people and houses were broken and stuff. So: I couldn’t drive and had a very old car :d.
I think those kind of dreams is about excitement.

Just last night I had a dream that I was driving away from the cops. but then all of a sudden I ended up in the passenger seat and I was really paranoid that we were going to crash or something, I kept holding on to the seat belt getting ready to take it off or something. then in my dream I pictured me getting hit by something and it slicing my head off. that was freaky I was actually scared when I woke up. :sad:

Yeah. I have dreams where I’m driving all the time and I haven’t even gotten my learners yet. I should really get started on that …

Ha ha ha I dreamm that I drive all the time before i got my license, in fact it was so normal that it would be sooo unusual for me not to be able to drive in my dream. Now when I got my license… I dream about driving even more. :smile: Beware… your driving nightmares will come! :wink:

The brakes are always dysfunctional in my dream cars.

Hehehe, before I got my license, my car always malfunction for some reasons… like no brakes, steering wheel broken, etc. :happy: After I got my license, my car acts like a sweet pure car. :grin: I don’t know if this useless information is helpful, but I thought I should mention that since you reminded me of that. :grin:

maybe cars in dreams are like the light switches, maybe they dont work… shrug

yeah I heard that anything mechenical in dreams don’t work properly even if it seems to work perfectly, you intend to find some silly flaws there like light switch. You can use that as your RC to check if you’re dreaming or not.

Good luck! Lieve Dromen! (Sweet Dreams!)

Never had a proper driving dream. I was about to start driving in one, but then I woke up.

[paradox]I’m an older member here and yet a newbie[/paradox] and I can still remember dreaming about driving before I got my license. Scary and thrilling at the same time. I still dream about driving, but now it’s different. My second lucid moment was when I was driving and I closed my eyes and thought I shouldn’t be driving with my eyes closed, and that’s how I realised I was dreaming. I sometimes seem to sense the direction in which I’m driving (north south east west). Weird.

You might have developed 6th sense. In our dreams, we’re capable of developing any kind of new senses including sensing the directions even though we don’t see. :grin: Have fun with your 6th sense!

Lieve dromen! (Sweet dreams!)

Cool! :cool:
I never thought of it like that. If I had the same 6th sense while awake I wouldn’t get lost so often. :wink:

just last night i had a low-lucidity dream in which i was driving. i don’t have my learners yet…actually i’ve never even driven a car b/4, but anyways, i remember driving it very well. i even thought, “hey…i’m dreaming, why not make the car go really reall really fast?”. i kept control of it even then. odd…