Escalating Frustration.

After two weeks of training, filling my journal, and finally recalling up to 3 dreams a night. I was ready, ready to lucid dream. For the last 3 days, RCs up the wazoo, reading etc. Nothing. My recall actually diminished to 1/2 a dream a nite, and this time the alarm wouldnt even wake me up early. I’m hitting an all time low and im starting to doubt things. Ive devoted the last 2 week to religiously training myself and things get worse. On top of that, I woke up this morning unrested and annoyed. I even meditated for an hour before bed and listened to the broadcast of Dr. Laberge. I had some herbal tea and took vitamins. Nothing. While dreaming, my mind aviods being obvious. It gives me situations that are basically possible in real life. No matter how many RCs I do IRL, it doesnt occur to me to do them In the dream. It seems like the part of my brain trained to do RCs is turned off. On top of that, my dreams are boring. Boring and dull. No fun at all.

Sorry for bitchin here, my hand hurts too much to bitch some more into my journal. Ignore this if you want, I just needed a place to vent.

Any suggestions?

Take a week off to relax, in my opinion you are on the perfect schedule already and don’t know it.
Train hard for two weeks and then take a week to relax, it’s like breathing, and you haven’t exhaled yet.
Don’t forget to pick up your practice again after one week, and don’t worry about it much, because it will happen.
I give this advice frequently because I really believe in it. Good luck! :alien:

Thanks FH,

seeing your message gave me a sort of relief.

Just wondering, taking a break, is that like not doing anything, including the Journal?

Or should I still use the journal.

-Crowe

Yes. keeping the journal would be good idea, it helps keep your dream recall strong, but remember not to stress if you can’t recall every one, sometimes they are very slippery (as you probably know).

It also will keep you connected to your practice, but only in a low pressure entertaining type of way. I find a lot of fun in remembering dreams even when I’m not trying hard to LD.

Remember, the important part is to eliminate any pressure on yourself for the week, so it’s OK to think or read about LDing, visit the forum or watch LD orientated movies as long as you find them enjoyable. If those activities begin to produce stress, drop them. The important part is that you don’t do any induction methods, and don’t forget to start up again after one week. :tongue:

Hey, Thanks again FH

:smile:

-Crowe

Or you can just completely forget about it. Do your normal stuff for a week. It can help you to get lucid sometimes. It happens to me if I get a dry spell. It works. :smile:

Hopefully my tip is helpful. Good luck on your lucid journey!

Lieve dromen (sweet dreams!)