I am an Indigo Child. Are you?

I too am one. My sister came to me and started telling me about it a couple of months ago. She learned it in some class. She has a book with all the characteristics. I’ll ask and see if I can borrow it.

I believe I am one too. :smile: I don’t like using that term either. I rather to say that some are more evolved than other.

Just my two cents. :grin:

OK did some Google :smile:

Here are the exact criteria as written by Lee Carroll in The new kids have arrived (the “classic” New Age book about this subject) so you can do the test:

Source:
customcpu.com/commercial/livingak/page3.htm

Well, most of these points seem true for me - especially 1 and 2 - so it seems I’m one of the aliens LOL.

From the majority of those criteria it looks like I’m one too, and probably so is everyone else on this forum.

Difficulty with authority?
A feeling of royalty?
Feeling like no-one understands them?

That’s every child who has ever lived.

This is really cynical of me but it seems like part of a trend towards egotism and self-importance. Children who last century would be seen as just troublemakers or dysfunctional or introverted or even vaguely emotional were then considered to be victims of disorders like ADD, ADHD, or bipolar, and now they’re actually superior space-children and ‘more evolved’.

See you back at the home planet.

Actually there is more to it than whats on that list but I think some of you are taking those as slight personality quirks whereas they are supposed to be strict traits. Another VERY important criteria is that you have a prevalent presence of indigo in the aura. The woman who came up with the term sees auras and said that indigo is a color that was thought, within aura reading circles, to have been lost. Recently it has been reemerging. Or so her book says.

I don’t think very many of those traits applied to me as a child. I don’t like autority without question and I tend to be creative rather than ritualistic. However, I also handle tedious repetitive things well and have an abundance of patience. Waiting in lines doesn’t bother me at all. And I certainly don’t feel like royalty or need to be treated as such. That, I feel, is a wrongness. I would rather feel connected to every other thing that above it all.

depends on the type of evolution, to declair it contradictory. You have to understand that out evolution is not based around the brain. We are animals and as such evolution could change us into a some quadroped creature in the future in which case our higher brain functions such as writing and speach could become redunant and return to the more animalistic marking of territory.

that said after reading what pasquale said, indego children seem no differnt to me than normal people. We all have the ability to see aura’s, reach higher states of consiousness, see ghosts.

This is all something we can learn to do, just like LDing and APing. we are all capable, just some find it harder to start doing where as others have a natural ability.

Looking at it from a sceintific view then this is all something that we USED to be able to do as animals (ie: feel the energies) it’s what all animals do and how they know about weather, and times of year etc. so if you think about it indego children aren’t highly evolved more like less evolved.

//added:- well going by the stuff i have read i could be an indigo child myself… i’ll decide later whether this is a good thing :eh:

This would only happen if higher brain functions became unnecessary or detrimental to our survival, and given that ‘learning’ is not unnecessary or detrimental it doesn’t make sense to me that learning difficulties should be a sign of being ‘more evolved’, since presumably ‘more evolved’ means ‘better adapted to the environment’.

In fact many of those criteria; the difficulty with authority, the frustration, the anti-social nature, would seem like shortcomings which would make it more difficult to live in a modern environment. If anything I think you’re right when you say ‘Less evolved’.

yes, everybody can develop their higher senses, but the point being made here is that children are born with those abilities.

I did some research some months ago on the web about ‘new time children’ (nieuwetijdskinderen as called in dutch) and what’s said is that there are different categories, ‘indigo’s’ being one group. There are others as well. The one i feel most comfortable with is the ‘chrystal’ , but then again, this is what somebody else writes and actually i don’t like putting myself in a box somebody has defined.

what i do know is that i’m different than the average human being. Average as being defined by society.

It is well possible that indigos/new-age children have always existed but it wasn’t talked about. Like being gay. Everybody seems to be gay at this time, we have never had so many gay couples since history began, 100 years ago nobody was gay. Doh, they where even so but it was kept behind closed doors or you where declared crazy and locked up somewhere or sentenced to death if you where real unlucky.

I do agree with Blackcandel, its a real problem on the internet in particular where you can get away with any sort of claim.

Having said that I’d say that higher states of conciousness (senseitvity) are open to everyone. I think that senseitvity is just a genetic trait and that the spiritual is not a completely seperate matter, split from science as is common currency.

Thus its just that some people are better at playing the guitar and doing maths and some are better at sensing the spirit world. I’ve wished lots of times to be the one who was good at maths and could play the guitar…

Nah, sorry, I’m not an Indigo Child. :sad:

I am a STaRSeeD though.
Take the STaRSeeD TeSTto find out if you’re one too.

I scored a 90!

* Ø ¤ • °.

Wait that starseed thing isn’t a parody?
Some of the questions… heheh.

Anyway I don’t like the sound of this whole indigo child thing… synaethesia is such a subjective thing, couldn’t certain personality traits be perceived by someone else as a kinda flourescent green accompanied by the smell of turnips? And all this stuff about percieving energies and eveolving… I mean really… can these perceptions be logically defined and proven? Evolution doesn’t happen to a flourishing species in a couple of generations.

It just seems like it stems from a need to A) feel special and B) believe in something more to life than life. Well I am special :tongue: ! And so is everyone… and there is something more than life… it’s called lucid dreaming. :cool:

K I just read over that and it seems a little harsh. I don’t want to criticise anyone for feeling recognition and identification after feeling odd and alone because of unusual personality traits. Just don’t be abusing Darwin.

I got 27 on the Starseed test - and that’s after being generous with some of the answers. Realistically, I wouldn’t have answered ‘yes’ to some of those that I did, and I also can’t see why having green eyes automatically gives me an extra point.

Anyway, I don’t know exactly what to think of this ‘Indigo Child’ label. Personally, I completely agree with Badcandlejack. Particularly when you notice that almost everyone who has posted here was quick to pretend they belong to the category. As soon as you say “More evolved”, or “naturally more in tune with higher senses” suddenly everyone jumps in line to sign up. It’s only natural, since by default everyone wants to think they’re special, and labels are easier to remember than a reputation is to earn.

The list of identifying traits quoted by BrianHacker, to me, seem to only represent a particular type of personality - nothing above or below the average person. Some people don’t like waiting in lines, and it’s not uncommon for a person to question authority - particularly in this day and age when most of society’s rules don’t even make sense. Quick, slap a label on their forehead and needlessly separate them into a group.

I guess we’re good at doing that.

I have a friend who has ADD, or rather, had it. Its not so bad now as when he was younger, but he is an Indigo child, or so he said. It used to bug me cause I never new what he was talking about. Later I found out he was doing just that, trying to bug me. :eh:
So I read this page, and I sounds like its just a ‘New Age’ way of catagorizing one type free thinking. I think thats unneccesary, but hey, a free thinker is a free thinker.
And it turns out I have 8 out of 10 qualities on that list Brainhacker provided. I hope that doesn’t make me a hypocrite. :bored:

Umm, I took that quiz… and I scored 81. I should have more, but I didn’t have physical characters that they asked for.

It’s interesting because a lot of people said that I had cool eyes and I noticed in quiz asking if I’m interested in people who have cool eyes. I put yes. I think it should put cool eye instead of green eyes instead though. :sad:

It said that if I scored 75 or above, it strongly encourage me to be in Stargate’s quest. It’s interesting. :grin:

Well I scored 31 on the Starseed test.

I like tapioca.

I have no memory bell.

I do not get a positive reaction from an image of Sekhmet.

‘You may be a seeker of another path.’ Oh well, I was hoping to have cousins in the Pleiades.

Sorry for those who I am about to tick off, but that Starseed thing is laughable.
First of all, the terminology seemed a bit weird. “A Galaxy outside of our solar system,” DUH!
Second, have they actually done there research? Last time I was in a biology course, we didn’t have crystaline structures in our DNA.
Third, sorry if I’m bursting some bubbles here, but last time I checked into this sorta thing, the Pleiadies was a constellation, not a Galaxy. If they can’t agree on their terms, well…
Finally, whats the basis for all this stuff? I know what I think, another label, to make people feel good, kinda like organized religion, but to base a system of beliefs like that on some channelled messages or something is a bit presumptuous of them. We don’t know if that stuff is true or how it works an everything.
Again, I apologize.

PS- Im not angry cause I got a low score. :smile:

Wel I’m a indigo child(fit the profile perfectly), and even have ADD too. I think it’s probaly people giving a title to a misunderstood group people. If you have ADD you think alot! But lose concentration skills due to constant daydreaming. I feel different from most people and they usually don’t understand me. So technically it could be a separate group although I’m not sure I’m a evovled being. I wouldn’t wanna think like that either since doing so just makes you a arrogant jerk. So technically they have a point about it being a different mindset, not sure if it’s much better(although Introverted people tend to be smarter and it fits the indigo description).

I sorta wish they could implement this sorta thing in the education system. Having ADD automatically dimisses you as a idiot regardless if your einstien or just stupid. Teachers and older people used to scream at me all the time(I still have a subconsious fear of screaming). Just recently my evil Mthyology teacher dimissed me as a dullard who wanted to make her angry with my odd antics. She found out I had ADD and had a guilt trip. :happy: More educators need to be educated on the subject and I think indigo child is basically trying to make “different” seem like “Above”.

Surely you must have enjoyed this for a True Inidigo child posted this!

1. Do you believe in the natural superiority of women?
    OK who put yes in here! :eek: :tongue:

2. Do you like tapioca?
    God I love tapioca, however what liking a rice like dish thats looks like frog spawn has anything to do with anything is beyond me?

I scored like 81 but all those questions about being fascinated with certain animals? I’m just fasinated with animals full stop and ancient civilizations etc etc, I’m really suprised that everyone doesn’t score really highly on this.

I have to admit though that I created the receptionists at the Crossroads to be Pleiadians! I thought about what earthly race they could be and I thought that I could never please everyone so I made them blue (skin colour of P’s aparantly.

The Mayans believe we are from beyond the stars and the big event their callendar predicts is 2012 (when time as we know it will end… but then carry on in a new time frame. mysite.freeserve.com/LucidCrossroads/mayan.htm is a page on the mayans. BTW on the 25th of july its a mayan special day a “Day Out of Time”, for global celebration. :content: cool I never need to be told twice to have a celecbration!

P.s I like question 24) When alone & indoors, have you ever worked or studied in the nude? best, as I’d just got out of bed, :grin: and its hot here, ok!

The questions all ask: “Do you have an unusual fascination with …”

If everyone said ‘yes’ to that, it wouldn’t really be an unusual fascination, would it? :tongue:

I scored a 79.
I liked the one about seeing colors when I close my eyes. When I do I can change the color to what ever I want.