The weirdest LD I've ever had

Last night I had an extraordinary LD: I’m in the Alps with my class. It’s a sunny day and we’re all lying there on the shores of a lake. Suddenly I become lucid, but I continue acting normal towards the class. After a while I decide to fly around a bit and that’s where the weird part begins. From the moment I begin to fly I feel as if I’m only partially connected with the dream mind, while the other part is aware of the physical condition of my sleeping body. When I start to fly I don’t really see much of my dream view. It was like I was lying in bed imagining the dream instead of living the dream. It was like the mind-split which happens with OBEs: I knew how and where I was flying and I could form images of what I was supposed to see in this dream, and at the same time I perfectly knew how my real body reacted to the dream actions.
After some time I land on top of the biggest mountain around. The view is spectacular (it doesn’t feel as a dream, more as a very vividly imagined sequence of events). I let myself fall from this top into the deep below me, but I don’t have the strong feelings of falling, so in my head I imagine myself in an elevator. The next moment I could feel extremely strong falling sensations rolling over my real body from my feet up to my head, while at the same time I was dreaming (“imagining”) I was falling from that mountain top. It was as if the feelings that I should feel in my dream were projected onto my real sleeping body, while I was totally aware of both states (dream body - real body). It was absolutely amazing!
I realized I was fully in control of my dream and that I could stay in this dream as long as possible. The only thing I had to do to wake up was opening my eyes. After a lot of flying I practiced my lotus position, which went quite well. With my mind partially irl I could hear voices so I figured my alarm clock will soon go off. I simply opened my eyes irl and I woke up. It was strange though that I’ve never felt any body paralysis while I was fully aware of my real body.
I hope I explained it properly. Anyone got an idea of what this might have been?

What this might be is an extremely cool LD!!! Also I think it shows signs of increased awareness of all our dreaming states, a higher level of lucid awareness, and I think you have got a lot of interesting things to look forward to.

Thx for that reply Dust Mote. I haven’t thought of it as a higher state of lucidity so far. I’ve searched on this forum for resembling situations but I didn’t find any. And I’ve never heard of any mind-split effects with LDs. So perhaps you’re right. I don’t know… Time will tell I guess :smile:

mystic, I enjoyed reading your dream! When I read your dream… two things have appeared in my head.

1. You experienced dual consciousness or
  2. You experienced a vivid level of HI but still aware of your body (like you haven’t really entered in the dreamscape, but you still see it).

That’s pretty advanced actually. You’re doing great! Keep up your great work. :grin:

Lieve dromen (sweet dreams!) :wiske:

sounds like something i have experienced also, but never did mantain it for longer periods of time.

I think it was rather some kind of dual consciousness instead of a vivid level of HI. I’m not sure though because it felt like it was rather an imagined dream instead of a real dream. But if it was an imagined dream or vivid HI, how could it give me some extremely powerful sensations?

The reason I could maintain it for quite some time was because I had really FULL control over it. No matter what imbalances would have happened in that dream, I would still be able to decide whether I want to wake up or not. I had the power to open my real eyes whenever I wanted and so to end the dream. I think I could dream like this for an hour if I wanted. I could be exaggerating ofcourse but it just felt this way.