My First Ever Ld!!! ^_^_^_^_^_^

Well, Its finally happened, I’ll update my sig when i’m sure.

After having several FA’s all seemingly blurry and dreamy, i finally woke up. I stretched, it felt like i had finally woke up for real. I heard some birds chirping and it didnt feel dreamy at all. I slowly lie in bed for a while, then i stretch too look at the clock. I strugled to open my eyes and instead of seeing the time, I saw garbled numbers. My eyes darted open and a chill ran down my back. I scrambled up and rummaged for something to read, It was all gibberish. “afwe aklfjo aefiogh; aksjhog” like that. Playing and changing. I looked at my surroundings and I had a dim light on. I couldnt adjust it. Everything was blurry, I span and span and yelled Lucidy x 100 etc. I jumped and slowly descended. When i stopped, everything was crystal clear. I was panicking, My mind scrambled for something to do. I felt confined to my room. I tried to push my hand through the window to no avail. I tried harder. I opened the window and tried to put my hand thru the mosquito net, it ripped. I lifted it up and looked down. Awful long way down. Suddenly it struck me, I got scared. I was halfway out the window. i thought, what if im not dreaming. I looked down again and there was this beautiful red Jaguar (car). i’m like… okay now i know im dreaming. But what if im sleepwalking too. What if my SP failed. What if i fall IRL too? I decided against it. All of a sudden, my dream started collapsing and fast. I drifted into darkness and woke up.

I woke up by the window. I was a bit freaked out. I told myself. “its a good thing i didnt jump in my dream or I would have fallen down for real as well.” Then i woke up for real.

It was such an incredible experiance. I didn’t think it would happen. I am ecstatic although it was a bit scary. Here is what I did to achieve it. (sorry i dont know what topic to put this post in because it has a few categories ^_^).

Step 1. I bought some Mint Leaves from the supermarket.
Step 2. At 9:00 o clock, I brewed the tea fom mint leaves.

Directions: Put a small amount of leaves. just enough to cover the bottom of the glass. Then pour boiling water in. Mix in a bit less than a teaspoon of sugar in. Mix and cover with a plate. Leave for 5-10 minutes. Warm up in the microwave a bit (like 10 to 20 seconds).

Step 3: I drank the tea and meditated for an hour to Zen music (Tony Scott: Music for Zen Meditation). I had 2 candles and an incense.

Step 4: I made a small pillow out of my mint leaves.
Step 5: In my Dream Journal, I wrote my intentions and then I wrote “I will have a Lucid Dream.” a bunch of times on a full page.
Step 6: I continued to play the music until i fell asleep.
Step 7: While going to sleep, I did MILD exercizes. “I am dreaming” “I will have a Lucid Dream” etc. I put the clock right on my bed so its the first thing i see when i get up.
Step 8: I woke up at 5:00AM as per alarm and remembered ZILCH, NADA.
Step 9: I went on the message boards and chilled.
Step 10: I lay on my back and did MILD, attemped WILD, failed, Continued MILD until i drifted off like an hour later.

Then… some weird dreams, plenty of clues, but i am dense. Long story short. Although i didnt think it was possible. I achieved my first lucid dream (sort of =D) and have joined the ranks. Guys, trust me, dont give up… it IS SOOO worth it. :slight_smile: cant wait for the day to end so i can try again. + I have minty fresh breath that LASTS!.

Im gonna go update my sig now, with JOY!
-Crowe

Congratulations! :beer:

You put a lot of effort in getting that first LD (all those steps :eek: !) so you must be very happy :cool_laugh: . With that kind of attitude I’m sure it won’t be your last one :cool:

Thanks BH :grin: .

Just wondering, for your first LD, when was your second one? The next night or like, a week later?

-Crowe

A few weeks, but don’t be demotivated by that. I only knew the reality check-technique, and later I found out WBTB and MILD are much more effective, especially when you combine them. I practiced WBTB and MILD every night for a few months in 2000 and I had 4/5 LDs/week! If you use those techniques you will quickly have another LD :smile: .

:partying_face: Of all the types of posts on this board the: “My 1st LD!” is my favorite. I can still remember the thrill of my first one. And this means that we have a new member in the LD Club. Congratulations and welcome Crowe!!!

Here’s a suggestion for the tea thing (I tried this for the first time last night). I made a double strenght glass with a heaping teaspoon of honey but did NOT drink it before I went to bed. Instead I waited until I woke up (about 4:30am) and drank it then. Since the last REM cycle is usually the one that has the LDs, I figured that would be the best time for the tea.

While I didn’t have an LD last night I did have one of those very intense dreams with incredible recall when I woke up. Since you show a great interest in the preparation I thought you might like this variation.

:tongue: Congratulations!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EEEEW dustmote did u drink it cold or did u warm it up first? :grin:

I’ll try that tonite… Xcept Ill drink one in the evening and one in the morning.

Thanks for all the support.

Tonite, im going to attempt to incubate the dream and repair what I did wrong.

What should I do about the fear i felt?

-Crowe

EDIT: I just made this avatar. What do you think? =D

Congrats! I love reading your dream. Your techniques seem to be helpful for you. Congrats again. :smile:

I wish you the best luck on your lucid journey since you’re on it now… welcome to Lucid Club! :wink:

Lieve dromen (sweet dreams!) :wiske:

Yep! Drank it cold. Think Ice Tea.

Don’t worry about the fear, you may not have it next time. The dream could be completely different. Fear is just something that some of us have to go thru. I still feel afraid sometimes when I do Lucid flying; I think I’m going to crash and hurt my tutu… :smile:

Another interesting part about my experience last night is; I woke up twice during the dream, went back to sleep and continued where I left off. And I had the feeling I had been living in that dream for 6 years!!!

Congrats, You da Man!

I agree that 1st lucid dream posts are pretty good.

If you sell me your soul, I’ll give you my next lucid dream too. :grin:

Ya know moosey dude, i think im gonna hold on to it for a while, no telling what uses it might have later.

-Crowe