New to lucid dreaming

Last night I had an LD. I’ve only had one or two in my life before, so needless to say I was excited. I realized I was dreaming when I was in my room (in the dream) and I looked in my mirror and saw that I had really long hair, when in real life my hair is extremely short. I pretty much freaked out with happiness and woke up. I’ve looked into lucid dreaming a few times and decided to join this forum. Tonight I’m going to try to have an LD; I’ve been working on dream recall and I can usually remember at least one dream per night. The only problem I’ve had before when trying to realize I’m dreaming is that I never actually think to do an RC. I’ll be in whatever situation and I’ll be concentrating on that… So I’m going to try to do RCs while I’m awake, and hopefully it’ll become a habit.

sounds like a plan to me.

i can’t say the same for everybody else, cause i know people had different experiences. but in all of my LDs i never explicitly do an RC i just look around and say “oh i get it, i’m dreaming” and take off flying

that being said i still think RCs are important as long as they are done sincerely. you can’t just go through the motions not expecitng your check to fail. you also got a find a check that’s good for you. like when i do reality checks i try to fly because in my dreams that’s what i’m good at (it’s really the only dream ability i’m good at, i need to develop others) but some people have difficulty flying even when they’re lucid so that RC wouldn’t work for them

good luck, and congratulations on your LD

Hi daysong! I met u in the Chat the other day :content:

Great 1st LD! :slight_smile: Kinda funny how u woke up from extreme happiness lol Yes, doing RC IRL helps out because it Does become a habit and u do it in your dreams automatically wothout realizing it.

Good luck with your RC and with your many other LDs that u will have :slight_smile: