LDing in faraway places..

In the beginning of August, I’ll be going to Italy for two weeks. I’m a beginner at LDing and cannot have them at will, so I’ve been working on recording my dreams, doing RCs, etc, while also trying to have LDs each night. So far I haven’t been successful. The time in Italy is 6 hours ahead, so needless to say I’ll have to adjust a bit for sleeping and such.

If I bring my dream journal, and do everything else I usually do, will it be difficult to still work on having LDs?

I know sometimes when you have a different schedule than normal, you can have a hard time working on LDing. I’d appreciate any opinions, advice, etc. Thanks :content:

Any time I go on a trip, I neglect my dream journal and regular practices. You’re right: your normal schedule is messed up and it can cause a dry spell if you don’t spend enough time on your lding work. However, I see no reason why it should be this way. Stick with the attitude that you WILL have lucid dreams and that this change of scenery (so to speak) will only help your progress. Affirmations work! Speak your goals out loud. Your mind will listen.

I think a messed up schedule can be a big help, as well as a place that is uncommon to you.Everything that gets you out of routine is good, since you tend to be more councious when perceiving things that aren´t familiar to you

traumgänger

I agree with traumgänger. It can be a great help, especially if you start doing RCs the moment you get there. In time, you’ll notice some scenes from Italy appearing in your dreams. And since you are doing RCs while being in Italy, this will hopefully help you to become lucid easier. The difference lies here: when you’re dreaming about home you won’t quickly link “home” to RCs (unless they’ve become a real habbit) because you only started doing RCs irl when you already lived there. On the other hand, if you go to an unknown place and you start doing RCs from the moment you arrive there, chances increase that in your dreams you’ll link this place easier to RCs than normal and so you’ll have more chance to become lucid. Good luck!

Hey Daysong,

Writing down your dreams when you wake up immidiatly works. Don’t wait until next morning to write them down.
Adjust your RC behavior for a vacation. When you travel, every time you enter a village or city, do a RC. When you just hang around the beach, do a RC whenever you see a nice girl. etc. etc.

Greets,

Thor

In the begining of summer I went on vacation in England and had one of the most vivid dreams ever. I didn’t actually become lucid, but after I came home, I had lots of lds relating to my vacation (wait a minute, I’m not in England anymore, this is a dream). So I find while you may not have a ld during your vacation, you’ll probably have one when you get home.