my first almost OBE

so i thought all hope for me was lost, i had been on a drought of LDs and having bad dream recall lately (working the graveyard shift at the computer lab messed up my sleeping), but last night i had an LD

it was cool i realized i was dreaming and i began flying and checking out the scenery. it was SOOOOOOOOO vivid. it was a beautiful lake/river system with crystal clear waters and white sand at the bottom. i could hear the sound of the rushing water and about 20 different birds singing (i guess this is what it means when people say some dreams seem more real than waking life)

anyway, so after flying for a while and checking things out i realized that i wasn’t gonna wake up and the dream was pretty stable. so i tried to think of things to do that wasn’t flying (i’m pretty good at flying i need to develop other skills cause i suck at everything else) and then it hit me, i always wanted to try AP

so i willed myself back into my physical body and i finally felt what vibrations were (i never experienced them) my whole body was buzzing. i tried to separate from my physical body and couldin’t. maybe i was too disorientated from the vibrations. anyway i slipped back into a non-lucid dream and remembered all this when i woke up from that.

what a great way to end a drought, can’t wait to get back on a regular sleeping schedule

Yep, now you know. By the way… that scene sounded beautiful!!! I love reading that part!

It might be because the vibration wasn’t high enough or that you weren’t in a right trance. That happened to me before. Don’t worry… you will be able to go out of body. Just be patient and trust in yourself.

Congrats on your LD after a dry spell. :grin: I wish you the best journey!

Lieve dromen! (sweet dreams!)

sounds cool :cool: , i dont think you actually had an obe but the scenery sounds beautiful, lakes, birds singing :sigh: i would like to go lucid in a dream like that!

Is it at all possible to leave your body from a lucid dream without feeling vibrations? Or at any other time?

heheh. my first OBE experience was in a dream and i projected myself on the second time. thing is, my body wasn’t functioning properly and before i knew it i was back in my body. but i felt the vibrations and everything.
but this didn’t really satisfy me because in a dream it isn’t for real (well, OBE’s are just in your mind so they aren’t real anyway, but you get it) so i tried counting myself to sleep and at around 136 i started seeing extreme hypnagogic imagery of an old childhood movie and then heavy vibrations set in. after a few moments, they passed, and that was it.