Anybody a musician?

that air-guitar site is funny. If you look where it’s at it makes since. I mean there in amsterdam, they probably go to the coffee shop and toke up first.

Oh yeah Corn. Your avatar rocks. Mr. T kicks ass.

Just put them onto your computer and zip them with winzip (to shrink them) and upload them onto your server. Just like anyother file. You might wanna check with your server if they allow the uploading of music files though.

Wav files will play fine on most players, but it you really want a wav > mp3 converter i can find one.

Hey mindexplorer, you said you write trance/techno music on your comp, right?

How? :eh:

I’ve always wanted to do that, but nobody ever told me the actual programs/procedures involved. The only thing I have that I suppose I could use for that is a modtracker, but that definitly wouldn’t create the highest quality music. What programs do you use to make your music, and how do you use them?

Shift, I suggest you go to https://www.kvr-vst.com and take a look at their forums, especially the ‘Hosts’ forum.

Vst’s are software effects or software instruments, many of them of extremely high quality, some of those even being freeware. To be able to host those you should have a program like FL Studio, Tracktion, Orion, Cubase or whatever suits your needs.
I personally don’t use Tracktion, but I have only heard very good things about it. Also, I think, there is a free sequencer/host called ‘Muzys’ or something to that effect that comes free with a magazine called ‘Computer Music’ or something like that. Again, I have not used that, either, but it should be a great starting point for you.

Believe me: Most of the software mentioned above, is REALLY easy to use, plus the support for Tracktion is awesome, the creator has his own Tracktion forum at KvR and the people there will be more than willing to help you. Just do not mention you are using software aquired other than by legal means if you should be doing that, since a lot of people there are touchy about piracy and a lot of developers post on those forums, too.

Go here to get a fully functional demo of Tracktion: https://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/

Feel free to ask more questions if necessary, or just do it at those forums. :smile:

Thanks for all the info! :content:

First off, I was looking at all the different programs available for sequencing, and Logic looks like it would be the best in my case since I use a mac. The problem is its (woof!) $699! :bored: I have about $35.

Not entirely sure what I should do about that. Also, I am confused by the kvr site, because they use so much terminology that I don’t understand. Thanks anyway, though, becuase without all of this I still wouldn’t know a thing! Can you offer a few suggestions on what I should do about software though? If I actually get started making music then I’ll probably pick up on the terminology, but I have almost no money. I guess there is piracy, but I like to avoid that if I can…I suppose I’ll do that if I have to, but if there’s a way around it, that would be good.

Bugger, I didn’t expect you to be on a mac. :sad: So, I guess most of my advice does not help you too much. However, I started a topic in the ‘Hosts’ forum asking about relatively inexpensive hosts for mac. I am not sure if they exist, but hopefully we’ll find out.
I am by no means an expert on all that terminology, either, but if you have questions just ask and I’ll try to help.

here’s the link to the thread I started a minute ago: https://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=259002#259002

My best bet would be, though that there won’t be anything affordable. :neutral:

its very easy to download copies of programs (i hate ppl doing it, but i do it myself so i guess i hate myself for it, but im also broke so i dont really have a choise…guess i could rob something or someone but that wouldnt be much better…) but its mostly for PC. but when i comes to Music many chooses MAC, and almost every program out there for PC exists on MAC, could have trouble with VST’s thou…
im using (or used im not home for the time) cubase SX+a number of VSTis, plugins. this program is mainly for “adding the pieces of the puzzle together” i also use sound forge for editing sounds, and a great sythesizer-program wich is called reaktor by native instruments. and i also got my synth : )
you should really go to your closest musicshop and ask, you could prob try out some programs, synths, drummachines and such…

fabi the underachiever; you produce music with your comp as well?? sounds like it : )

I play guitar in a band called Backslide, hence my screen name. We play out about once a month at parties, clubs, charity events, whoever will have us. We mostly do covers but we throw a few originals in our sets. Blues, classic rock and some newer mainstream rock. Last tune we learned was the Allman Bros’ Good Clean Fun.

I play jazz piano. I have for 10 years now :eh:

@mindexplorer: I sort of do. I don’t really have a musician’s approach to music, though, since I am not classically trained at all… I do it the same way I do my paintings/drawings, less song-based. :shy:

Thanks again for all the help! Just so you know, it is possible for me to get access to a PC, but only every other week. Its my mom’s comp; she lets me use it a lot, but I can only use it when I’m at her house, of course, so if I can find something for mac its a lot better.

Also, as far as pirating software goes, I don’t like it either, but I’ve had to do it in the past for the same reason as you, mindexplorer, which is that I have no money. If I did, I would gladly buy the software, in fact I would much prefer to, but I don’t have an income and as a result I don’t have any money either. :sad:(

i feel so alone…lol…i play violin. and, being the odd one that i am, i am beginning an obsession w/ classical music. anyone like vivaldi?

i got a recording of that four seasons thing.

4 seasons is great. i need to get a cd of it.

vivaldi can be really repetitive, though… :wink:

tell me about it…my teacher’s given me a lot of vivaldi to practice for the last 3 years. it’s great stuff, but in the concerto’s it sounds like the same melody in all the first movements, just in a different key.

well, wow… i got a lil different influence, don’t play an instrument but i rap. I’m an emcee.

i got a website u can check out, remics.dmusic.com

its just got a couple battles on there etc… havent got any of my album songs up there yet cuz they’re still in the recording stage.

And if any of u need a recording program, i have Cool Eit Pro 2 which is one of the best and i could probably easily send it to you. Just get at me on msn or aim

I play guitar, saxophone, and I have a pretty good voice. (I don’t whether you count that or not…)

I used to play the saxophone as well. I found it too time consuming though, maybe I’ll start playing an instrument when I have more spare time.