Hey LD Vets, I think I might have dreamt that I had a LD!

I was reading about lucid dream for 2 hrs before I went to sleep. I then thought to myself “I’m going to be dreaming tonight. I’m going to have a lucid dream. I am going to fly tonight.” over and over and over before I fell asleep.
Then, I had a dream. In my dream, I knew it was a dream, yet I still couldn’t really move like it was real life, it was like watching a movie. I was in this brown shack with a bunch of other people who were having Lucid Dreams. We all tried to fly and we flew up a bit, but were bored after flying. Then ninjas came and they started kicking the crap out of us, and the “Instructor” said “Just think that you are in a dream and you can awaken” and then I thought in the dream “I’m in a dream…” and I woke up. It was morning time. It felt like I was watching a movie though…

When I was attacked, I couldn’t feel any pain though, it was just me moving about… in a movie. I don’t remember actually moving like in real life.

Help? Thanks.

No one wants to help out the Lucidity Newbie? :cool_laugh:

What exactly was your question? Whether it was a lucid dream or not?

That means it was a lucid dream.

Sounds like a low level LD to me.

SWEET! I LD’ed! :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: :shy:

HURRAY!

Now to move it into high level. Any tips for when I go into low level, how to move to high level? I want to actually control things. Make things appear. FLY MOSTLY!

Most people rub their hands, or scream/say/think “Increase clarity now” or “Clarity x1000.” Something along those lines eh?

Oh yes I forgot to say 2 things:

Welcome!

Congrats!

First off, theres some great things to do in the “how” section of the website, under “stay lucid”. I would suggest looking there, first off. The best techniques are there. Theres a few they left out, though, but not much:

Shout “Lucidity X 1000!” or “Increase lucidity now!” or something to that effect.

Touch things in your dreamscape (doors, the wall, the ground, etc.)

Er…I’d like to put a third one, but I can’t think of any that aren’t already on the website. I think thats about it.

EDIT: Argghh, didn’t notice that Raging_Canadian already mentioned the shouting.

Argh, but I couldn’t talk. Everyone communicated telepathically, so how could I shout? Even so, how would I remember to shout if I were in a dream?

Matt

If you became lucid (through whatever methods you chose) then remembering to do something can be easier because your “waking” mind is more in it. Even so, lucidity can start out pretty low level, and its hard to think straight anyway (I’m normally like this). I guess with practice you’ll remember eventually, and the more you do it, the more you’ll remember.

In regards to the shouting, if you can’t make yourself shout, you could at least think it to yourself or try a different technique. Alternatively, figure out why you can’t shout. If its some kind of weird subconcious-blocking thing, ask some of the other members on the forum about it, and they should be able to help you. Most of what I know is from reading other peoples posts; I’d like to have more knowledge from experience, but, sadly, I don’t. :sad:

Anyway, good luck! :grin:

Thanks Shift!

The great Jeff is online, maybe he can help more.

Oh, and the “instructor” in my dream, could it have been a spirital person?

Hehehe, Jeff is famous eh? :smile: I think Jeff’s asleep right now, but I can try my best to help you. By the way, yes you were lucid in your dream because you knew that you were dreaming.

You can increase your lucidity level by shouting. It’s already mentioned so I won’t go in detail with it. Also it takes some practice to increase your lucidity level. You just have to know that you are in control when you’re lucid. Nothing is real… therefore you can do anything to levitate it or change it. Whatever you want. It also takes some practice.

It might be either your guide or your subconsciousness trying to help you out. It’s possible. :smile:

BTW, congrats on your LD! :smile:

Lieve dromen (sweet dreams!) :wiske: