I don't think this is..natural

So I finally realised, mid-dream, that I was dreaming. So I thought I had a LD going…but instead, everything went pitch-black the second I realised, and I woke up a few seconds later with a nosebleed. What did I do wrong X_x

it sounds like you got lucid because of your nosebleed, and either the nosebleed caused your awakening or you just happened to awake right after becoming lucid. the waking up bit usually happens to novices like me, but it happens to almost everyone once in a while.

hi Arono !

I have heard of this happening…the second ppl realize they r dreaming everything goes pitch black. I think that this is because of the great excitement of actually realizing u r dreaming. Of course u dint do anything wring, it could happen to any1 :smile: U may have gotten a nose bleed when u woke up because u were soo extremely excited in your dReam…

Good luck on having more LDs! :happy:

I dont think it is always because of exitement your view goes black. I had a couple of LD’s lately where i wansnt exited at all somehow and all i saw was black or greyness for a while. I think there might be some techniques that could be usefull in creating a dream when this happens, id have to look into it. If someone has some advise pls dont hesitate to post.

The last time I had everything fade away on me I thought it was because the dream was ending. I thought something like “Aww, this dream is ending… oh, that means I’m dreaming!” Spinning brought the dream back to me for a moment.

I wonder if REM periods coming to an end naturally sometimes triggers lucidity, resulting in the “I went lucid but then everything faded away.” LDs.

Covak yes that could be very well possible!
Good thinking! :smile:
Many ppl that have their first lds…often have short lds because their rem time is at an end…so yes what you say can happen indeed to some, that lucidity falls together with waking up…or almost waking up.

greetz,
Jeff