some comments would be helpful...

i’ve been talking to this guy a lot for the last 3 months. he’s not an angel - he does a few drugs, drinks, and he dropped out. but besides all that he’s a really nice guy and i really like him. my best friend hates him. she has this thing w/ threatening all the guys i go out with. something along the lines of a, “i will hurt you if you hurt her” - older brother type stuff. he doesn’t like being threatened, and along w/ a lot of other things that they’ve said to the other, they loath each other now. my best friend keeps telling me that this guy is changing me. it’s true, he’s gotten me to start drinking. but, hey, i’m still getting straight As, my other friends really like him, and i’m not hurting myself. my best friend will NOT drop it. whenever we talk it always ends up turning into an argument about him. should i let a guy get in the way of a friendship?? (yes, i know this all sounds melodramatic)

misera, I got in a similiar situation before (not exactly like yours, but…). You probably won’t like what I’m going tell you according to my experience, but here I go… please don’t take it personally.

In a situation like that, it DOES get worse (so slowly that sometimes you don’t notice it until it’s too late). BUT… however, being in this situation can change someone’s life (negatively or positively). It’s completely up to you to see if it is worth it to change someone’s life or your best friend’s friendship. Think about it… which friendship do you feel that will last the longer… that guy or your best friend? It might be worth something for you to think about it.

I wish you the best journey in your friendship. Lieve dromen (sweet dreams!) :wiske:

everything you said makes perfect sense; the only thing is though, she’s the only person who doesn’t like him. and i don’t really know why. she’s going out with a guy who’s parctically his clone.

miseria, maybe you can talk that with her, tell her how you feel about her clone. Maybe you both can work something out?

Tell her that you reall need her to listen. And somehow work that problem out?

DM7, it’s a great suggestion…i’m gonna try it, hopefully she’ll talk to me this time.

No problem my friend. :content: Anytime!