LD's keep fading out [new title]

hello! i seem to have a seriouse problem keeping my lucid dreams from fading out :grrr: ! can anyone help me with this? o just cant seem to stay in an LD long enough to do ANYTHING! i would REALLY appreciate any advice. Thank you!

-lucidjd :content:

I think this is the most common problem once someone gains lucidity.

I’d like to direct attention to an old technique mentioned here on the forum as “chaining.” It’s an excercise to try to wake yourself as soon as you’re lucid. Most likely, you won’t wake up . . . but you’ll have a “false awakening” into another dreamscape.

So basically the technique is "gain lucidity>try to wake up>Once awake do a reality check> If you’re are awake, darn. :wink: but if you decide you are in a LD try it all over again, “Chain”

I think this is a good excercise to try. You’ll find that you can remain lucid during the transitions and therefore prolong the experience, and I think it helps dream awareness skills.

When I first started Lucid Dreaming I did not try to do anything except remain lucid. I would just look around, maybe walk a little, look some more, look at my hands, etc. No flying or walking thru mirrors or spinning, just hanging on to lucidity for as long as I could. In time my dreams got longer and longer.