I'm prepared to give up. No progress in the past month.

I’m on the end of my rope. I haven’t made any progress for the past month. I’ve been trying to LD since late may and all that’s happened is that I now have dream recall.

I have great difficulty WBTB because I just don’t fall back to sleep. I don’t nap very well, because I either fall asleep for 5 hours or don’t sleep. I’ve tried a few things, like Suneye, WBTB, Self Hypnosis and so forth.

I’m not cut out for this.

:sad:(

Great!! :cool_laugh:
You are giving up!! :grin:

Seriously, that can be the best help towards lucidity that you’ve had yet. Sometimes it comes when you least expect it, and sometimes trying too hard is what prevents it.

I think it’s good to stop trying so hard after a month or more. Maybe you can give yourself a week off and try NOT to lucid dream. Maybe the opposite intent might have some effect.

. . . though I have to admit quitters never win. :wink:

I’ve had a couple dozen LDs in my life but hadn’t had one for over a year. Recently I started working at them again, RCs, mint tea, breathing, etc. But nothing worked. So I gave up. Two nights later I had a nice long one.

When I gave up I wasn’t disappointed or angry, I just “relaxed” trying to LD. So don’t go away mad, just go away… :cool_laugh: But be sure to tell us what happens. We are pulling for you to make it :content:

Xenesis you sound frustrated but you succeeded in having dream recall!
Thats a good first step that not all succeed in anyway.

Take it slow for some time and then try again…
Maybe with a total different aproach!
Like setting your alarm at night, wake up by it…till you find a time set where you wake up from dreams…then fall back to sleep again…and slowly maybe train yourself to realize your dreaming in a dream.
But of course there are many other ways to to try…like sound signals you may hear in dream etc etc…or a voice record with your own voice…that speaks your name and saya you are dreaming etc etc…

But for now take it easy and give it a rest! :wink:
You deserved it :thumbs:

Greetz,
Jeff

Make sure you do the RCs, I spent the last 3 months focusing on the dream journal and I have only one LD to show for it, then I remembered that in a dream your trying to break out of the trance and relize your dreaming therefore making remembering your dream not the most important aspect. I just started doing RCs and so far had a dream where my dreams and past expriences were being analyzed. Thats gotta mean I’m moving closer since I’ve had these before where my mind starts incorperating dream things and techniques. All thx to Rcs. I use post it notes all over the house and they work well.

BTw, one nice benefit is that your normal dreams are much more beneficial so at least keeping the dream journal will allow you to enjoy a nights sleep. I also have horrible luck with getting lucid dreams, In my six LDs they were all short or I forgot to do anything important. Alotta times I happen to be tipped off to someting off kilter in a normal dream and still doesn’t relize whats going on :grrr: . So your not alone :wink:

I have to admit, I’ve always had fairly good dream recall. I just supressed it with really irregular sleeping hours over the past few years. This morning, in my dream journal, I wrote 1 and a half pages on my dreams that night, with one and a quarter on 1 dream. The other dream got about a 1/4 page. heh. So, maybe I should focus on the reality checks and stuff more. Actually, I will give myself a week off. I had a dry spell with dreaming last week so I haven’t been dreaming very well. Simple fact when it comes to my dream recall: If I’m ‘awake’ in the dream, I’ll remember it.

Ok, so I’ll take a break from trying to lucid, but I’ll make sure to keep reality checking…

Oh. time for one now.

Me too, I’ve been working out in the summer 3 times a week and woke up at 5:30. Unfortunely my dad sometimes forgets to wake me up so on some days I’m expecting to get up i dont. Really messed up my sleep schedule.

If anything just write down a quick paragraph from your dreams as opposed to pages. You don’t need to have super dream recall but a small amoutn of it won’t hurt.

Well, normally I wouldn’t write that much, but hey, I had about an hour and a half of free time so I did. Besides, I was rather descriptive, as the dream had one of the most beautiful scenes I have ever seen. Ack. Just thinking about the beauty of it is making me a bit teary eyed. :razz:

Kind of ironic, as the dream started as me as Samus Aran from metroid shooting a giant robot thing in a lava cavern and somehow ended with me driving in a car in tokyo while being asked to cook chinese, while watching the chick in the car who was driving undress.

:blush:

Well, normally I wouldn’t write that much, but hey, I had about an hour and a half of free time so I did. Besides, I was rather descriptive, as the dream had one of the most beautiful scenes I have ever seen. Ack. Just thinking about the beauty of it is making me a bit teary eyed.

I love those dreams that make you just sit back and say WOW at the sheer scope or beauty. Plus the ones where the coolest thing possible happens. I got put inside a cowboy bebop episode which was entirely anime. The novelty of getting comments like “stop staring at my boobs!” by faye is comedy gold :grin:

I’ve had a few odd dreams. In one, I attended a Naked Woman convention, or at least the preparation of it. :wink:

Another odd one was I turned into a mage-angel and started flying like crazy. That had some beautiful effects as well. The sheer energy that the flying gave me was ridiculous. It was like the height of euphoria. Pity it woke me up. The memory of this feeling is quite possibly the only feeling that is keeping me to Lding.

I’ve had a few dreams that I was inside game type environments. I’ve been in a few zelda dreams, and a metroid one.

I’ve also had one where my Chem teacher was an evil demoness and summoned hordes of demons while flying. She also summoned Adder from Advance Wars 2 :eh: . This is odd, because my chem teacher is quite possibly one of the nicest people I’ve ever met.

I’ve also had this dream that I’ve had since I was a small child. I should try to interpret it, as it’s rather obscure and I’ve experienced it about 5 times over the space of about 10 years. I’ve experienced it again recently. Basically it involves returning home. Hmm :confused:

Is cowboy bebop any good?

I like manga and anime and all, but havent seen a new one for a while.

I almost gave up trying to have a LD, but I decided to give it a break. So like three days after I had my first REAL vivid LD. Nice thing. But don’t give it up.

Don’t ever give up. All you need to do is take a break from it but don’t give up. You say that your dream recall is better. Good that’s progress. You have to walk before you can run. If you stay with it you’ll do it. You just have to stop trying so hard. Take a break and relax. It’ll come. Just remember, Patience Is A Virtue.

Better was perhaps a misnomer. Restored would be a better choice of words.

What I’m saying is I haven’t advanced beyond restoring my dream recall to it’s fantastic height, which happened about a month ago. I’ve just been sleeping and remembering and not getting anywhere. :confused:

I had been trying fairly hard to have an LD. The thing I noticed immediately when I “gave up” was a sense of relief. It was like trying so hard had created some stress that I wasn’t even aware of. Stress is counter-productive to LDs. RELAX|)

i took a complete break from inducing and recall over my vacation. guess what? the result was that I lost the whole dream recall discipline and now I have to start over. I’ve had one LD since my break and even one during it. What I’m suggesting is, don’t stress yourself out, you should take a break from thinking about LDs so much but you should not take any breaks from dream recall. Keep it as a habit. Plus you should stay with this forum, too.

Oh by the way Ive only watched one episode of Cowboy Bebop (the first episode) and my opinion of it is that it was OK. Not that good, but at least there was actually some action in the first episode (some animes have really really stupid first introduction episodes… but then get really good… you know…) anyway I don’t have time to watch the second episode yet.

Hmm… well last night was interesting. You would think by unintentionally WBTB TWICE in one night you might have a chance at Lding. As it turns out though, I was concious during 4 (count em :wink: ) dreams last night. Which was nice, as I usually only ever get to see one of my dreams a night (albeit with fantastic detail).

I should listen to my body more often when it says it wants to go to sleep earlier. :smile:

Now THAT is quality dreaming. :tongue: Gotta love Metroid Prime.
Anyway…I too have been working quite a while (3 months-ish?), but I’m not ready to give up yet…If I remember a dream, I write it down, and I do about 15ish RCs a day…
Oh, for a dream as Samus Aran… :happy:

It was rather odd in the sense, I became ME and samus sorta diverged from me halfway through the dream. It was a rather strange sensation. Then samus just became the normal chick who asked me to cook chinese, while undressing and driving around Tokyo. :wink: