The big WILD topic part VII

found some doc with an unusual wild techniqe (if you can’t read german u can use some webpage translator) animus.fateback.com/animus/klartraum/6.html

Actually, a friend of mine can induce REM at will. But yeah, it’s rare.

If you attain a WILD during a time when you wouldn’t normally be going into REM sleep, you’re probably causing hypnagogic hallucinations of some kind, which can in turn trigger REM. It’s just much harder for most people.

Hopefully someone can tell me something about what this lucid dream was. It was a LD I had at night straight after going to sleep. I wasn’t trying to have a LD.

My mind was in a state of hyperactivity/daydreaming/hard to explain, random images of things flying around and stuff. It happens to me once every couple of months, it’s not unpleasent but makes it hard to get to sleep. After a while I decided to try some breathing exercises (one I made up, dunno what it’s good for, probably just hurting my chest). I breath in until I literally cannont breath in any more, then I breath out (making a rrrrr sound) until my lungs are entirely empty, repeated several times. After that I was a bit breathless and panted for a little while before drifting into a semi-dream, tho I was still concious. I was watching flights of aircraft, the name which came to my mind was herculus, the planes were flying in a swooping rollercoaster motion, I could see more planes receding into the distance, when I looked closely at a group of around a dozen planes i could see they were too close, merging with each other, like what you get in a computer game with poor collision detection. One of the planes fell out of formation… swooped towards the ground, ever closer.
Then suddenly I WAS that plane, swooping, I could feel the acceleration, a few moments later I snapped into true dreaming, and immediately became very lucid. I was outside my parents house and at the end of my outstreched arm was a lorikeet (a colorful parrot), it tried to bite my finger. Altough the scenery was strangely undetailed, the sky kinda orange and sickly looking. I took off and somehow had all the power of an aircraft inside me, for the first time I could fly superman style (or as I prefer, Neo style) instead of a slow gliding flight I previously used.

I flew to a city where I tried to choose what would appear behind doors… it didn’t really work, and after a while I stopped trying. I ended the dream in a room full of people sorting lots of icecubes into boxes, I was overheating and tried rubbing the ice on my skin (it immediately sublimed) and also eating it. It was warm ice.

I awoke sweating profusely (it wasn’t a hot night), completely amazed that I had just had a lucid dream.
The strange thing about the dream was that until the last room it was incredibly bland. When i was flying there was a close curtain horizon, stuff “popped up” like in many computer games. It was as if I had become lucid so early in the dream that my mind hadn’t had time to create the world.

The last time I had looked at the clock before going to sleep it was about 1:00am, after the dream it was about 2:00am. I was unable to go back to sleep for several hours afterwards, probably due to the excitement.

All my other LDs have been in the morning, when I wake up then go back to sleep.

'lo. I’m pretty new to this place, so I hope you forgive me if I make mistakes anywhere.

I think I sometimes experience WILD’s, but I’m not sure. I had someone describe it to me and the symptoms seem familiar, only I get ‘pulled’ into it. I don’t know if this is common or not, but I’ve been wondering about it for a while.

It usually occurs when I first have trouble getting into sleep, or wake up at an odd hour in the night. It always occurs involuntarily and I haven’t tried to induce it. It starts by my eyes falling shut, even when I try to open them - they just fall down again. As soon as they’re closed for a few seconds I have a powerful sensation of being ‘pulled away’, an enormous sound of rushing blood fills my ears and often I feel like my ears are going to bleed or parts of my body will cramp and break under the pressure. This lasts for a bit until I ‘fall’ into a dream and anything I might be thinking at the moment immediately shapes the images I see. After a while I usually lose control of the dream.

I often find it pretty scary when this happens, even though I know nothing can really physically happen to my body, it sure feels like it. If I’m too tense at the moment to let myself be carried away (the pressure and noise gets worse then), I try to break out of it by moving muscles. By the time I’m there, I can never move my body unless I really focus on it. As soon as I move, I break out of it - but I still see the images in front of my eyes, even when they’re wide open. In fact, with my thoughts, I can still shape the images I see dancing in front of my open eyes.

I’m not sure if this qualifies as a WILD or involuntary WILD but it seems to fit the description - unable to move body, increasing noise and pressure, and being able to shape exactly what I see at the beginning. I also hope someone might have some advice on this because often when I experience it it’s quite painful (not in reality, but it doesn’t feel great) and somewhat frightening too.

yes yes you are a natural WILDer. Congratulations. Now where did you get that spiffy avatar?

Hi, I’m Technodreamer. Please forgive me if I make mistakes.

I think I’m on my way to WILDing. I can focus on an image on my mind really well. Anyway, I feel this falling sensation which then turns into a soft shaking or rocking sensation. I start to feel vibrations, but then loose focus. I focus harder on the blackness in my eyes, and feel like I could just float or throw myself up into the air. Like my body has no weight. But then I loose it with a feeling of sometimes being snaped back into place.

I know these symptoms are more like OBEing, but could I use it to WILD instead. I always put a fan on in the background to block all other noises.
What do you think? Any suggestions or comments?

Technodreamer :cool:

I’m a natural WILDer? Wow… weird.

As for the avatar, I’m a manga/anime fan. I got it from a wallpaper I found. ^^

All the wilds I have had have never had any vibrations.

I read up on the older topics and there was also mention of ‘tactile sensations’ like a feeling of painless high-voltage electricity running through your body and paralysation. I now recall I have that too during those involuntary WILDs - often, I can even direct that energy by focusing on a certain part of my body and ‘sending’ it there.

Anyway, if I’m a natural WILDer… I’d like to know how to induce these things for a change. reads up on older topics

My problem appears to be I really get lured into unconsciousness too fast… my mind is lazy. :wink:

Wisdomaction that is very well possible…ppl always think you have to got vibrations when you wild but that is not true…i can have both…depends on what way I use to induce lucid dream from waking state.

Jeff

Ashvura your a natural trancer…wild is a trance form.
To learn how to control it you should learn hypnosis/selfhypnosis.
You could also do some tests…because the main activator is i think for you, that you close your eyes.
No idea if it would make a difference…
But try to have a strong image of somthing in your mind…or count loud and keep counting…i wonder if that would slow the wild down.
Other even more intersting experiment is what if you put a strong lamp above your head and then close eyes…real strong…wonder what happens then, would it slow wild down a bit?
Also wonder how you react at music with your eyses closed.

But 4 real control learn selfhypnosis.
I use it in my lucid dreams for control…also in wild and in the deep sleep.

Jeff

Hello. I know the question I’m about to ask is going to make you all complain at me, but I either have the option of reading 7 parts of this thread or asking one question. Hmmm… What ever will I go for?

Anyway, I know WILD is Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming but how exactly is it done? What should you feel? And how exacly do you get into a “trance”? Does a trance have anything to do with WILD? What… etc

Can anyone help me? Sorry about the :cool_laugh: WILD :cool_laugh: questions!

I understand your agony. The sticky forums just aren’t that helpful when there’s so much junk around. I asked the same question a few months back.

The WILD Technique is supposed to put you into a dream while you are still awake. The easiest way to do this is:

Do WBTB
Go to bed
Don’t let your mind fall asleep. Stay semi-concentrated but relaxed and at peace. If you’re itchy, god you’re screwed. Let yourself fall asleep but keep in the back of your mind that the first thing you see will be a dream. Don’t let that fact go. Once you are in a dream, stabilize it and go, Some people experience stuff like “vibrations” and “roller coaster rides”. I don’t. All I remember after WILD is the dream formulating itself and then me taking over. Of course, I could have inadvertently dropped out of consciousness somewhere and regained it, so I can’t tell you that my experience is correct. Someone better add to this post, I realize it’s pretty bad for a guide. I was supposed to surf the WILD topics myself, but after 2 parts I gave up. Heh heh.

I’ve only had one experience that I feel like it might have been HI or WILD…I was sleeping in a certain position, then all of a sudden I kind of jerked to a different position almost on impulse, and I felt vibrations kind of roll up and down my body, and I saw a kind of net made of green triangles…It went away after 10 seconds or so, though…
What was this?

This is how I have wilds. It usually works (when I don’t get lazy and roll over and go to sleep, which happens more often than I would like).
First the 61 point relaxation technique with pot-shaped, zen, deep, breathing. Then I focus on hypnogogic imagery until I can no longer feel my body. Then I “get up out of bed”. Or “step out of my body”. Once I can no longer feel my body, I just try to get up out of bed. Usually, ill try to get up but I can’t, so I just lay there NOT MOVING, very important, and keep trying. I have had the most lucid lds from this method

Thanks for the comments (or any comments that people may put after this mail). Ehhh, What exactly is hypnotic imagery. I know it’s the vision as you fall to sleep. But are you using your (physical) eyes to look at the back of your eyelids or are you looking at your imagination.

Anyway, I tried the hypnotic looking thingy. Instead my thoughts went off. When I startedto hear sound, it brang me back to contousness. I tried to focus on my souroundings but kept waking up. (But I think I’m getting there. Am I?)

How do you really relax yourself. Like the zen stuff, that. I do simple streching.

Hey, i did start a new topic on this so im sorry about that. I ve just started reading this thread and realised that my experience was a WILD.
here it is:
(btw im new to LDing.)

this morning i woke up at about 5am. I’d had about 4 hours sleep. I was VERY tired and really wanted to just go back to sleep but i thought it was a good opertunity to try the WBTB technique (i think its called? i get so confused with all these terms) .

So i read about lucid dreams for about 10mins, then watched tv for 20-30 mins. Then went back to bed. I read ur spose to stay awake for bout 60 mins but i felt so drained.

I lay flat on my back, but in a position that felt comfortable, felt relaxed. I kept repeating to myself the following things:
‘i am going to have a lucid dream’
‘i will realise im dreaming’
‘i will remember to realise im dreaming’
‘i will have a lucid dream tonight’

I kept repeating those lines randomly, and pictured them written down, imagined the words, imagined writing them down etc. I must have done that for about 15-20 mins (hard to say) then for some reason i was picturing a computer screen and thought to myself
‘i bet i could see the screen while closing my eyes’ (which i could) then all of a sudden i felt this tightness on my muscles… and i started feeling some shaking coming on…sorta like rumbling. it got more and more intense…it felt as if i was sat on the wing of an airplane or something… the wind and vibration was really intense. My muscles were locked so i figured i was in that sleep paralysis mode.

I tried opening my eyes but there was all these flashing of weird colours and it REALLY hurt my eyes, sorta like an acheing that u can get if u gentley press on ur eyeball (lol, only way i can explain it). So i kept them closed.
Even thought this was going on, i felt completely calm…i was just thinkign about lucidity and remember reading stuff about violent shaking etc… and just thought i must have fallen asleep consciously.
So then i just kept my eyes shut and waited for me to sorta ‘land in my dreams’. But then i felt the shaking starting to fade away and felt myself waking up so i tried to hold it and not wake up… but then i did. I knew i had woken up because i could suddenly move my body.

I kept my eyes shut though and tried to go back into it… repeated the same lines again… imagined myself writing it down, really pictured the words etc, and it started happening again… but only for a few seconds and i came back to reality.

Then about 20 mins later i managed to get back to sleep but not consciously, and had no lucid dream.

Am Idoing it right. I’ve never experienced these vibrations. I have never relized SP. I can immediatley move usualy. Once I started paniking when I couldn’t open my eyes in the morning. I must have been about six.

My hands are realy starting to hurt. I’m using a voice package to let my hands rest, but the LD forum is not supported. So I have to type. I’ve had hand pains for a while but only just relized it could be Carpel tunnel syndrome. I’m 14, but use a keyboard much more than people usualy do. :eek:

My real problem currently is inducing the WILD. I’ve always experienced them quite randomly and haven’t had one for a few months. In the past I have experiences with OBE’s but I don’t really have any relaxation technique. I try to focus on the point between my eyes, however, as soon as I get the WILD/trance/OBE feeling (rushing in the ears, tingling in muscles), my breathing increases and I tense up so much I get out of it again. :neutral:

Does anyone have a link to this ‘61 point relaxation technique’? Or is it on the main site? I really have trouble doing this physical relaxing whilst staying aware and conscious. The only way I can relax my body is to let it fall asleep and I then try to stay conscious, but usually fall into unconscious sleep anyway. (I then wake up the next morning thinking 'where the heck did I lose control and awareness? :eh: ’ since I can’t recall falling asleep, of course.) Curse my lazy mind! >_<

Now I really want my random WILD/trance back, now that I finally know what it really is and more or less how to get more control over it. I’m going to try and do this ‘rolling-over-staying-awake’ thing that usually causes me to have the WILD/trance. It’s what happens when you can’t get into sleep and keep rolling back and forth and adjusting your pillow and your eyes keep falling open, etc.

Other than that, I suppose I should look into selfhypnosis like you suggested, Jeff. ^^ As for the activator being my closed eyes… yes. As soon as I close them - wham, the pressure, the noise, the paralysation, and shortly after that hallucinations caused by whatever I’m thinking about. However, closing my eyes just like that does nothing. They literally fall shut, almost get PULLED shut by the trance. I can’t keep em open. Only turning on the light and walking around helps a bit. :confused:

aurorafive: I wish I had some tips as how to maintain the WILD/LD state, but I’m pretty new to the techniques myself. ^^

Technodreamer: I think there’s no sure way of ‘doing it right’. Everyone has their own approach and different brains/bodies. As long as the techniques help you to get where you want to be (in a LD), the side-effects are optional. As for Carpal Tunnel Syndrom… I’ve been using computers since I was 9… today’s ten years later @_@ Try to do finger stretching, I believe there’s a special sort of finger-yoga (no really. Seen Madonna do it in her Broken video. :smile: ) you can try that. Or see a doctor, if you’re really experiencing pain. Still, using a keyboard is much less repetitive for hand muscles than using a mouse. Okay… that was offtopic, sorry! ^^

This topic is continued here:

Part 8

:cool_laugh: