Where and who you sleep with

Yeah that could be it. When I’m at a friend’s or any other place I usually still remember dreams, just less each night.

Hmm…Interesting.

I have a whole craploads of electronics in my room. (Laptop, TV, Stereo, Gamecube, desk lights and stuff). I usually sleep with my head pointing west, feet east. Although, it changes a lot as I have a hobby of redesigning my own room layout regularly.

Hmm.

My room is kinda smallish and squarish.

The door of my room is in the corner between two walls so that is the reason why it isn’t a complete square.
Opposite the door, I placed a huge mirror so when I walk in my room I see myself enter through the door.
(there is a reason for that…strange method of mine I have for trying to visualise myself in preparation for LDing…doesn’t make sense?..I know!)

My bedhead is against the window in the middle of one of the walls, I can see the bedroom door on an angle to my right as I lay in bed and the bathroom door is directly in front of me at the end of my bed.

Between my bedhead and the corner mirror I have a small table with my books, sketch-pad, crayons and graphite, dream journal, mobile phone (used only as an alarm clock) and a bedside lamp on it. The lamp has an old scarf over it to dim the brightness right down. The scarf is navy blue with gold stars, sun, moon etc. It looks kinda cool.

I have 2 wardrobes. One is built-in and it is to the right as I lay in my bed. It has full length doors and looks pretty neat…like the entrance to a huge elegant room or whatever (stupid imagination). The other wardrobe is next to the bathroom door and I can see it to my left as I lie in bed. It is just a plain wooden on with 2 doors and a mirror panel in the middle.

In front of the corner mirror I put my bed side drawers so they are also on an angle facing the door. All my junk from my pockets, tissues, incense, owl figurine, more books etc. It is always messiest place in my room.

My windows are totally blacked out (shift worker…strange sleep habits etc.) and I have 500 glow-in-the-dark stars all over my walls, ceiling, foot of the bed, furniture, stereo, mirrors…etc, etc. They are everywhere I look as I lie in my bed. I didn’t put any on my curtains as the bed is up against them and I can’t see them anyway.

Why am I telling you all this again?

:eh:
I sleep on my own…unless on of my cats decide to keep me company for the night. I don’t like being woken up by cat claws digging into my skin as they walk up and down the length of my body attempting to wake me up. You know how cats are!
:tongue:

Haha yeah, my dog is like that too. I wake up with his long nose right in my face :-p.

Hehe. You guys are lucky to have such considerate pets. My cousin’s new puppy (he lives far far away… I visited him recently) isn’t housebroken yet… so one day he goes into the room I was sleeping in, pees on the floor, then takes a big long one and sticks it 2 inches away from my bed. I had only the mattress to sleep on, no thing that makes it high. I slipped on the dogs pee and went all the way across the room. We’re Asian so we don’t wear shoes around in the house. Anyway… I have this Amethyst crystal in my room because I heard somewhere about it inducing LDs. I won’t go into detail about my room.

So… how did we stray off topic here??

Erm… better do something… I sleep alone except with that useless amethyst crystal. I’ve got my computer, useless fax machine, and lots of junk. Doh I got back to the room thing again. Oh well. To Xenesis: If you keep changing the room, note what kind of layout your room is in when you have an LD. Maybe you could conduct some research that way…

I must say, this thread has a pretty misleading topic. :wink:

Anyway, I can’t comment on sleeping within reasonable proximity to another person, but I have heard about this whole magnetic effect. As with several of the above members, my room looks like something out of Blade Runner. Cables everywhere, that comforting hum of electronic devices from every corner of the room, and a thousand LEDs of various colors flickering like distant stars.

As for compass directions, none of that exists in the dimensional portal that is my apartment. To hell with north and south. In my place, the Coke fridge is this way, the PC is that way - and I’m never lost.

Only real problem with that is my dreams never involve my bedroom. >.>

Yeah same here. Usually stange places I’ve never been to.

no no no, we’re testing the whether theory that placement of objects and people next to you while you are sleeping causes LDs is true, right? So if you have an LD one night, then maybe the layout of your room is set to give you more LDs. Keep your room that way and then see if you have more LDs.

Whenever I slept over at my ex boyfriend’s house I would lay there the whole night and then the sun would come up and I would walk home with no sleep. I don’t know why I have such problems sleeping away from home but I do. I did fall asleep one time after taking some pain killers and I had a dream that I was in this weird art room… but no LDs that time.
Maybe the problem was just that he snored too much or something. :eh: And he kind of smelled…

hey my clock i have a clock in my room and im scared of ghosts (respect) when i go to sleep though at other houses im not hmm and since my bed got higher i got closer to the clock and ive noticed the feeling of ghosts (respect) since my bed got higher hmmm maybe i should move that clock

hey my clock i have a clock in my room and im scared of ghosts (respect) when i go to sleep though at other houses im not hmm and since my bed got higher i got closer to the clock and ive noticed the feeling of ghosts (respect) since my bed got higher hmmm maybe i should move that clock

ok, let us know how the ghosts react :alien:

ahhh double post double post shame shame

We are just talking about where and who you sleep with, and if it effects your dreams, which could be LDing or dream recall. I was just telling him before that most of my dreams never take place in my house. And yes I think the placement of objects has something to do with it, sometimes I have a few in a row when I don’t touch anything in my room after the first.

er, i’ll keep that in mind. Thanks.

infection0, just wondering about how often do you have LDs?

When I’m sleeping with my boyfriend I’m almost guaranteed to have a LD whether I’m trying to or not, but when I’m alone it’s hit-or-miss these days (although my dream recall is excellent regardless). Our beds face the same direction (west). The only major difference I’ve noticed is that it’s nearly always warmer in his room than in mine. Coincidence?

Harlequin

Well, when I’m sleeping in the same room as my friends… I tend to not get any sleep :wink:

:happy: aha daysong…well have fun and lots of laughs!
Ehm are they all lucid dreamers or know you are?

Greetings from nightmelody :wizard:

Jeff

Nah, they aren’t lucid dreamers… I think I’ve mentioned that I am a few times, but they kind of see it as, “Oh, yeah, another one of her weird interests…” :wink: