Damn you spinning technique!!

Im pretty sure i was lucid last night for the first time. :grin: I realizede i was dreaming and i got real excited. I tried to fly but only managed to hoover. Becoming lucid was one of the coolest feeliings ever. I kind of felt goofed up. Anyways, i was overwhelmed with all the things i wanted to do and i felt myself beggining to wake up. I tried the spinning technique in desperation but woke up instantaniuosly. I didnt become lucid till the end of my dream so it ended up being real short. Any other ways, other than spinning to prolong?
:beer: Cheers

Seems that rubbing your hands also works for some people, or focussing on objects in your dream. By the way, congrats on your 1st LD ever :happy:

Yeah spinning killed my first few LDs. Rubbing is a more reliable way I guess. Anything to stimulate your senses… the more stimulation the better

Hi guys I thought someone said to try not to get excited? Might stimulating your senses backfire on you?
I think I might change my user name to “The Confused One”. Any more imput would be helpful. :spinning:

what I did to stay in my dream was to not think about what I was gonna do or even think that I was lucid. I just immediately pushed all thought out of my mind and ran at the nearest window in order to jump out and fly. I did not succeed, but i did land on the ground painlessly which was kinda neat.

It’s important not to stand still for a long time because this increases the chances of waking up. Rubbing your hands is véry effective for some people. Pay attention to the dream world and keep in touch with it. The first thing I always do when I become lucid is touching something and rubbing my hands. This really helps stabilizing the dream. Good luck! :smile:

hey, I said stimulate your senses, not get yourself excited. Just touch or stare at something, listen or eat something… but if you decide to touch or stare at something it better not be something that’ll get you excited if you know what I mean

You are naughty :doublegrin: but I like you :grin: