The end is near

Hi everybody,

Unfortunately my time here on the forums is drawing to a close, so I wanted to take this chance to sincerely thank everybody for a great time!

There has been so many cool people here that I can only thank a few specifically (otherwise I’d be here another 7 months).

Thank you pasQuale for all your work.

traumgänger, Insane_goth and Badcandlejack you guys are ultra! (you too, Hubbs).

I’m going to miss everybody a lot. I will be here for a few more days and then I will try and return in the latter part of 2004, I hope everybody is still here then!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Firehorse thanks for galloping around the forum :wink:
I hope we will c u back in 2004!

Take care :smile:

Greetz,
Jeff

Thank you too Firehorse, for your support!
Why are you AFK for so long? Did I miss something? :wiske:

Thanks,

It all comes down to a question of time. I am just now starting back up with my LD practice again (1 or 2 a month is not enough anymore).
I also need to bang out a screenplay and a short story (no, I haven’t sold one yet, but I never will if I don’t finish them), and for the first time in my life I feel the need to become politically active, I can’t just sit quietly by anymore while these horrors are being committed by my government.

I’ve never mentioned this before, but I am a stay at home dad with 3 kids, age’s 3, 6 and 10, and this is a lot of work in itself (to put it mildly).

So, obviously something has to give, unfortunately it has to be the forums, but not forever! I am actually using the forums as kind of a carrot at the end of my stick, something to look forward to down the road.

With that in mind, I will try to be supportive once again before I go. :wink:

Good luck with all your writing, and we’ll see you in 2004, by which time we’ll all have silver spacesuits and hover-cars.

In the meantime I’ll be taking your amusing rhymes and passing them off as my own. Bye!

Yay! I want a hoover car!

So who will be the official newbie welcomer?? Those are some big boots to fill.

Good luck with your political activeness, and have fun with the LDing!

maybe you can run for governor in California FireHorse!! Anyway, now that both DM7 and FireHorse won’t be around much… I guess the only alternative is to write a forum program that automatically welcomes everyone once they register. It’s the only way we can do it.
We’ll miss you, Firehorse… and uh, tell us where to buy your books eh?

I don’t see why you’re actually leaving the forum. Since you’ve decided to pick up on your LD practice again, it seems reasonable that the forum would provide assistance more than it would get in the way. Anyway, it’s not like browsing and responding to posts takes longer than 10 minutes every other day, but suit yourself.

Have fun.

Badcandlejack wrote,

You are one evil pumpkin!:mad:

infection0,

I hereby pass the newbie welcoming mantle to you (if you want it).
Btw, did you see the rhyme I made for you, you know those don’t grow on trees don’t you?:???:

Atheist,

All those 10 min jaunts add up. Anyway, I doubt I could leave the forums forever, it’s just that I’m extremely overextended at this time, and I’ve found that when I’m taking on new projects it helps to let some other things go. If I feel guilty everytime I log on here it would take a lot of fun out of it. :confused:

You’re leaving? That sucks! Its too bad I didn’t get to know you better :sad:

Anyways, good luck in the future and stuff. Hope you come back soon!

Firehorse your a writer and a dad , (3 kids great :smile: )
And you want to be politically active…mm…wow…impressive!
Well i wish you all the best as being a dad, as a writer and with politics :wink:

We will all remember you, so follow the voice of your heart and when you come back your as welcome as you ever where…
And of course badcandlejack lol has then written many rhymes and poems of his own;)

Jeff

Firehorse is leaving, too?! Between him and DM7, it’ll be a miracle if newbies even feel welcome here anymore! :grin:

I wish you a great amount of success in politics! I actually keep thinking that I should become politically active too, but considering my age, you’re in a much better position then I am. Maybe you can do all the work for me! :cool_laugh: I definitely agree that the government is doing some atrocious things right now. We could really use a sane politician!

Anyway, great luck in politics, and I hope to see you back in 2004!

Thanks,

You guys are making it sound like I’m going to run for office! I just don’t want to have to tell my kids that I just sat by while it all went to hell. This may mean doing some protesting (I wish I had before now), what it probably means is volunteering some of my time to whichever political party I think is least likely to run around the world slaughtering people.

Jeff,
Thanks for your kind words, but I think a person has to have sold something first before they can be classified as a writer.
Thanks for realizing that being a good father comes first, I’ll always consider the greatest achievement of my life the fact that I kept my kids out of daycare (it wasn’t easy), unless of course I come up with a cure for stupidity (of course I’d take the first dose).

P.S. Yes, I am aware that joke was the evil pumpkin’s going away gift. :tongue:

Cure for stupidity, I sure could do with a couple of doses of that pill! Alas, what a shame that you must leave, but I suppose kids need a dad, good luck on all fronts.
Oh and when you write your book, could you not have so many big words that are close together? they confuse me :wink:

Firehorse - sad to hear you’re going away from the forums, but you seem to have some very good reasons. I wish you the best with your writings, and I honestly respect you a lot for your courage to engage yourself in the political jungle. I’m becoming more and more engaged too in the last few weeks (was quite active in the past but disappointed by the movement I supported) because corruption is everywhere, not only in the US :sad: . If people don’t care about politics, that’s the result we get: leaders serving their own interests and not the people. So I wish you all the luck with politics, and hopefully you’ll find the time in 2004 to visit our forums again :smile: .

Thank you BrainHacker, and everyone else that posted. :alien:

Well, it’s time to go, I want to wish everybody many ultra LDs! :tongue:

Goodbye.

aww only just spotted this.

You’re male? :eh: and all this time i thought you were female :blush:

Well good journey FireHorse, hope you can stop by from time to time and let us know how you’re getting on and hope to see you find yourself back sometime in the future.

Good luck, we’ll miss ya!

Ahem… if anyone wants to take over FireHorse’s job until he gets back… speak now or forever watch me carry that burden :eek:

what was the job… :cool:

oh. Greet newbies on the “Hi Im New Here!” topic. Greet them good.