Hey...what the heck?! *weird experience inside*

Please have the patience to read through my story, I want to know if any of you have experienced this as well! :smile:

Ok, this morning was really weird. I got to sleep last night at around 3:00am, and then I woke back up at around 9:00. Then, as I was lying in bed, I must’ve fallen back asleep and gone into a dream. In my dream however, I was lying in my bed, in my room!

Everything was the same, except there was a mirror on the wall opposite me where there normally isn’t. At this point, I wasn’t aware I was in a dream, I thought it was still real life! Then for some reason I thought that if I looked into the mirror and concentrated, maybe I would go into lucidity. I stared into the mirror for about 10 seconds, then suddenly I felt myself ‘awake’ into a dream.

I got out of bed believing I was dreaming, I was really excited. My first lucid dream! Or so I thought. I got out of bed and looked around, wondering what to do first. First I shouted ‘lucidity times 1000!’ and rubbed my hands together, everything seemed fine.

as the dream went on, I tried to fly. I used the technique described on the website and imagined something was pushing me from the floor. I managed to hover. Then for some reason, I tried to punch a hole in the wall. I visualised it smashing in my mind then hit it, but it only dented. Then I tried ‘summoning’ a gun into my dream. For some reason, only a toy gun appeared o_0
The dream ended a few minutes after that.

Ok, to summarise:
-I woke up in the morning

• I fell back asleep and dreamed I was lying in my bed

• In this dream I went into a lucid dream and had full control

So basically, I dreamed I had a lucid dream! It was just like what I imagine a normal LD (I had full control over everything) would be like, except it wasn’t actually a lucid dream, it was a dream of an LD!

Sorry its so long, hope you guys understand :content:

It sounds like a real LD to me. You knew you were dreaming. If you were shouting increase lucidity commands and deciding to do things, you were definitely lucid. Congrats. :happy:

yeah, i’m with sage on this one. just because you were dreaming about being in bed doesn’t make it an FLD (i used to not believe there were such a thing as an FLDs until i had one, but this definitely doesn’t sound like one)

:partying_face: Oh Yeah, definitely an LD! Don’t over think it. You were far more lucid for a much longer time than I was in my first LD.

I think one problem here is expecting toooo much the first time. The old hands here talk about flying, walking thru walls, throwing energy bolts, etc. That stuff will come in time. But don’t expect it to happen immediately! For most of us it takes practice, practice, practice.

In my first LD I looked at my hands, knew I was dreaming, and woke up. A one second dream that was the most exciting thing I had ever experienced.

REALLY EXCITED??? You done had yourself an LD!!! :partying_face:

Cool, my first lucid dream! I’ll have to update my sig, thanks guys! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :partying_face:

There are such things as FLDs, but who cares? They, in their experience, are the same as LDs. Although I think you had an FLD, it doesn’t matter. When you experience them, they are the same. So good job!

What is a false lucid dream exactly?

Gratz dezolat0r, :beer:

damn, i know exactly what you mean, I just had an LD in the morning, but then i kind of doubted if it was real, or if i dreamed it…
When i woke up I was like, woah, I had a dream where i had a lucid dream, and then it even ended with a false awakening, where i then went on to tell my friends about the LD I had just had, but they werent very keen on listening for some reason… probably the reason why i didnt notice again I was dreaming… really cool.

FLD = False Lucid Dream - you fall asleep in a normal dream and you become lucid. You could be very lucid but still you think that the guy which fell asleep in the normal dream is the “real”, waking you. (BrainHacker)

No, that’s not true. The experience you get from an FLD is very different to (ie. not as good as) what you get from a proper LD. And as to whether your LD was fake or not Dezolat0r, I don’t think it was, but you can’t really tell just by reading a description of someone’s dream in most cases. Anyway, welcome to our cool forum.

really? hmm better check up on those sources. anyone with experience got something to say?

not neccessarily. I have had my dream me shout out lucidity commands, but i had no control, simply a dream of having a LD.

But in this case it really does sound like you lucid. :smile: